#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Astrotheology Thread!

06-10-2015, 08:43 PM #1
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
Astrotheology is the study of the astronomical origins of religion; how gods, goddesses, and demons are personifications of astronomical phenomena such as lunar eclipses, planetary alignments, and apparent interactions of planetary bodies with stars.

SOURCE:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolatry#Astro-theology

THAT^ very definition is exactly why we need a thread about Astrotheology.

Also, we can look back centuries in world history to see that sun and moon worship might be THE oldest world religions, not to mention the number of sun gods & moon/lunar gods that were worship by their names.

Anyone has anything information to add, post them here. But stay on topic.

06-12-2015, 08:27 AM #2
cameronjcw
Justiciar
http://www.jordanmaxwell.com/astrotheology.html

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/je...cerpt.html

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/as...ology.html

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociop...racy44.htm

http://theancientsacredmysteries.com/sun..._cross.htm

Some useful links, my brains not up for a whole load of some word I cant even remember now but basically its not working so yeah, heres some useful links on astrotheology!

06-12-2015, 07:38 PM #3
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
(06-10-2015, 08:43 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  Astrotheology is the study of the astronomical origins of religion; how gods, goddesses, and demons are personifications of astronomical phenomena such as lunar eclipses, planetary alignments, and apparent interactions of planetary bodies with stars.

SOURCE:

Also, we can look back centuries in world history to see that sun and moon worship might be THE oldest world religions, not to mention the number of sun gods & moon/lunar gods that were worship by their names.

Right there were all these different pagan (is that the right word for this?) practices around the world, but all were united by being nature/astronomy inspired. In addition to the outright stellar cults (lunar/solar/venusian (Dionysian or mushroom)/Saturnian) there were many that seem to have focused on the stars alignments. The Egyptians, the Mayans, the druids and celts. Everywhere. And when Christianity became an empire it went around stamping out and assimilating the symbols, stories, and rituals.

Michael Tsarion has a long but interesting series focusing on this. I'll try and find a vid.

06-12-2015, 08:57 PM #4
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
(06-12-2015, 07:38 PM)RiderOfKarma Wrote:  
(06-10-2015, 08:43 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  Astrotheology is the study of the astronomical origins of religion; how gods, goddesses, and demons are personifications of astronomical phenomena such as lunar eclipses, planetary alignments, and apparent interactions of planetary bodies with stars.

SOURCE:

Right there were all these different pagan (is that the right word for this?) practices around the world, but all were united by being nature/astronomy inspired. In addition to the outright stellar cults (lunar/solar/venusian (Dionysian or mushroom)/Saturnian) there were many that seem to have focused on the stars alignments. The Egyptians, the Mayans, the druids and celts. Everywhere. And when Christianity became an empire it went around stamping out and assimilating the symbols, stories, and rituals.

Michael Tsarion has a long but interesting series focusing on this. I'll try and find a vid.

Exactly.

07-24-2015, 09:21 AM #5
StarGazer
Knight

My opinion is that this definition doesn't do any justice whatsoever to the belief systems of the ancients. I've come to realize that those who come up with such definitions are merely projecting their own limited understanding or misunderstanding of the true meaning of the terms 'gods and demons'. How do people actually convince themselves that a group of individuals that planned, designed and built complex structures such as the Egyptian pyramids would worship a planet? Has it not occurred to moderns that there is or might have been a hidden/ occult composition to what moderns describe today as a planet? That it takes a certain amount of scientific training and experience in the occult arts of Astrology and Theurgy just to even get a glimpse of what the ancients discovered?
This post was last modified: 07-24-2015, 09:23 AM by StarGazer.

07-24-2015, 10:24 AM #6
Goku
Chaplain
(07-24-2015, 09:21 AM)StarGazer Wrote:  

My opinion is that this definition doesn't do any justice whatsoever to the belief systems of the ancients. I've come to realize that those who come up with such definitions are merely projecting their own limited understanding or misunderstanding of the true meaning of the terms 'gods and demons'. How do people actually convince themselves that a group of individuals that planned, designed and built complex structures such as the Egyptian pyramids would worship  a planet? Has it not occurred to moderns that there is or might have been a hidden/ occult composition to what moderns describe today as a planet? That it takes a certain amount of scientific training and experience in the occult arts of Astrology and Theurgy just to even get a glimpse of what the ancients discovered?

May you be kind enough to go into detail regarding the occult arts of Astrology and Theurgy so I may get a glimpse?

Or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance Big Grin

07-27-2015, 03:42 AM #7
StarGazer
Knight
(07-24-2015, 10:24 AM)Goku Wrote:  May you be kind enough to go into detail regarding the occult arts of Astrology and Theurgy so I may get a glimpse?

I'll try to be brief and to the point as much as is possible.

The subject of Astrotheology has been publicized by atheists/agnostics like Archaya S. These lot work on the premise that there's no empirical proof for the existence of daemons, Gods and the like because they themselves just don't know how to go about acquiring such proof. In fact if only most of them were practicing occultists, this topic would've been looked at from an altogether different angle by now; but unfortunately, they aren't.   

Astrological and Ceremonial Magic are primarily concerned with working with Gods and daemons, and thus these fields provide a framework upon which the proof and evidence for the existence of these entities can be derived. One aspect of these fields concerns itself with the summoning or conjuration of these entities to physical manifestation. Unfortunately not many of these atheists are willing to participate in such an act or at least become Occult Magicians in their own right to personally verify the existence of these entities by themselves.
This post was last modified: 07-27-2015, 03:44 AM by StarGazer.
The following 1 user Likes StarGazer's post:
  • Goku

07-31-2015, 11:37 AM #8
Goku
Chaplain
(07-27-2015, 03:42 AM)StarGazer Wrote:  
(07-24-2015, 10:24 AM)Goku Wrote:  May you be kind enough to go into detail regarding the occult arts of Astrology and Theurgy so I may get a glimpse?

I'll try to be brief and to the point as much as is possible.

The subject of Astrotheology has been publicized by atheists/agnostics like Archaya S. These lot work on the premise that there's no empirical proof for the existence of daemons, Gods and the like because they themselves just don't know how to go about acquiring such proof. In fact if only most of them were practicing occultists, this topic would've been looked at from an altogether different angle by now; but unfortunately, they aren't.   

Astrological and Ceremonial Magic are primarily concerned with working with Gods and daemons, and thus these fields provide a framework upon which the proof and evidence for the existence of these entities can be derived. One aspect of these fields concerns itself with the summoning or conjuration of these entities to physical manifestation. Unfortunately not many of these atheists are willing to participate in such an act or at least become Occult Magicians in their own right to personally verify the existence of these entities by themselves.

Totally understand what you are saying.

Thank you for the insight. I'll do my own research, very interesting stuff. Big Grin

08-06-2015, 02:20 AM #9
StarGazer
Knight
Just as astral projection is the best way for confirming the existing of a human's incorporeal body, so too is the creation of a planetary talisman to prove the existence and power of a planetary spirit. If only more people had the know-how for making authentic planetary talismans and observe their effects in action,  then a lot more people would've understood and appreciated what the ancients worshiped. Its saddening to hear moderns claim that the ancients were so dumb that they worshiped huge balls of fire, dirt and gas that revolve around the sun. That to me says more about our level of intelligence as compared to that of ancient man.
The following 1 user Likes StarGazer's post:
  • Goku