#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Pushing the agenda in India

11-15-2015, 11:07 AM #1
anne
Justiciar
Quote:A lead character in hit MTV India show Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan came out as gay in a recent episode.
The show centers around five friends, one of whom is the womanizing Cabir. He is always surrounded by beautiful women but the twist is that he is gay and too afraid to tell anyone.
Cabir tried to come out in a few previous episodes but could not pluck up the courage. In the latest episode he kisses a man and comes out to his best friend.
Actor Ahmed Ayaz told the Indo-Asian News Service, ‘I find my character turning gay, a good and interesting turning point for the show. The reason being is that nowadays not everyone gets to play such a character.
‘In fact, I was quite kicked about it and I’m looking forward to shooting my new role.’
The actor said he has a few gay friends who he respected.
Homosexuality is not a common theme on Indian TV, although Mr Gay India is currently on the country’s version of Big Brother.
MTV partnered with LGBTI group Yaariyan, which helps young people who are afraid to come out.
One Facebook commenter said the episode was ‘really sweetly and beautifully done’ and some said it reminded them of their own coming out experiences. Others were shocked by the twist or praised Ayaz’s courage to play a gay character.
Simmi Shrivastav wrote on Facebook, ‘It’ll convey a social message that gays are also humans and we shouldn’t hate them. That’s why I like this twist.’
Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan is an adaption of the Korean drama Boys Over Flowers.
India recriminalized gay sex in December last year.

11-15-2015, 03:24 PM #2
Emerald
Chaplain
In all honest we already have such a thread. Its a global matter anyway, not targetting just India

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...ght=agenda

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin

11-16-2015, 01:26 AM #3
anne
Justiciar
(11-15-2015, 03:24 PM)Emerald Wrote:  In all honest we already have such a thread. Its a global matter anyway, not targetting just India

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...ght=agenda

Oops, forgot Big Grin

And also..it isn't only about the gay agenda

I made a different thread because not everybody might be interested in Bollywood.
This post was last modified: 11-16-2015, 02:09 AM by anne.

11-16-2015, 01:38 AM #4
anne
Justiciar