#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Conspiracy Theorist

06-10-2015, 07:50 AM #1
FraterLucis
Squire
It is without a doubt, a personality type.  It bends from one end of a continuum to another. 

The problem is, what are reasonable and unreasonable levels of existential skepticism.

That is up to each person to ask themselves, of course.

I think it is a fairly important question to consider, especially when talking to other people, first of all what is likely (Occam's Razor) and what are people willing to hear.

One of the most amusing phenomena, to my mind, is conspiracy theorists accusing each other of being part of the illuminati, as if the illuminati had time to waste on the internet all day.

I think in that respect occultists and conspiracy theorists share that characteristic.

I do enjoy it a lot of the time, however.  I just think it's something always to keep in mind.

David Icke for example.  David Icke is the litmus test between your level 2 and your level 3 conspiracy theorist.

That is, when a supernatural or extraterrestrial element is added in for additional flavor and your theorizing ceases to be rooted in objective evidence.

To be clear, I am not putting these people down.  I will consider any possibility --- to a fault.  Indicative of the mindset.

It's always funny to hear someone like "hey, I may be out there man, but look at THAT guy"

On the reptilian question, I think just as easily, on another level, this could be interpreted as metaphor which is to say people who are ruled by their reptilian brain.  Which may be the origin of the serpent/reptile archetype in the first place.  "Cold-Blooded" and such.

Anyway, I think individuals who seek out conspiracy theories are interesting character studies in and of themselves.  It takes a certain intellectual tenacity for other options to go that far down the rabbit hole.
This post was last modified: 06-12-2015, 11:28 AM by FraterLucis.

06-10-2015, 11:20 AM #2
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
Quote:
On the reptilian question, I think just as easily, on another level, this could be interpreted as metaphor which is to say people who are ruled by their reptilian brain. Which may be the origin of the serpent/reptile archetype in the first place. "Cold-Blooded" and such.

This is how I always viewed it, and I think its really great that you bring up archetypes. The conspiracy theorist persona itself can be viewed as one. If it were a tarot card (which is purposely full of archetypes) it would be the Hermit, seeking secret knowledge in solitary seclusion.

06-11-2015, 04:19 PM #3
Hex
Wanderer
CT'ers are an interesting group. There is the inherent self professed 'awake' meme that is perpetuated often, and it is something that is not without irony. Conspiracy on the whole is another level of distraction for the 'alter-masses'. You have the masses that are engrossed in the general consumerist entertainment, than there are those that for whatever reason (Dissatisfaction with life, curiosity, seeking etc) decide to question the system. This is where most people in the CT community are. I do not excuse myself from that grouping as it was a dynamic I was working with. If you imagine the masses as sheep in a pen, you then have a few stray sheep finding the boundaries and going through to an even larger pen. The 'Box' is expanded, yet it is still very much there and by design by those 'herding' the sheep.

There is much blame placed upon a group or organisation of individuals that the person feels is responsible for all their issues with the world. It is comforting, is it not, to blame another and to shift away from the personal responsibility of doing the work necessary to hone & change yourself, and by extension others. It is a projection of a lack of personal responsibility from improper balancing of various energy centres (which is intimately connected with the Mind/Psyche). We blame others for our lack of personal satisfaction, without wanting to take responsibility. We think we do through some idea of comfort by grouping with individuals carrying similar biases/distortions, and proceed to bash said 'Elite' together.

All the while, there is still the 'us' vs 'them' mentality perpetuated, in the same way blowing air to put out a fire will only fan the flames all the more. As cliche as it seems the answer is 'Love', 'Forgiveness' and rising above base survival instinct - a faculty that comes about with being endowed with higher conscious functions. I would argue though that some animals have displayed more 'humane' behaviour than some humans in time past, however.

As I say all this, It is to be said that this is not a bad thing at all. The CT movement is 'good' and is a step in the right direction, however if one is to be authentic in their seeking it should not be the case of being comfortable with steeping oneself in negative dogma and perpetual bashing, which is recyclical and a waste. You don't fulfil anything by looking at negative news and connecting dots, but it is how you choose to react which counts. What values do you wish to perpetuate instead? You see hate and people fighting one another, so why not love thy neighbour instead? You see many stuck in dead end jobs conditioned by society to be mindless drones, so why not go out and pursue your passion - showing others it's alright to do so, and to not buy into the slave mindset that is subliminally embedded from a young age. Realise that you are the society you wish to change.

Ultimately, one will move towards self development as the journey is made. It is a continual refinement of the self and discovering who they are, and a point will be reached when they realise Life is an absolutely beautiful thing to behold. It is a marvellous and colourful experience we have here on Earth. It may not seem so to our limited 3D minds, but it absolutely is. I've been on the opposite spectrum; only seeing the 'hate', 'pain', and 'negativity', but you realise this an internal projection and one to be transformed. There is easily just as much beauty, and even the so called negativity is contained within that. 

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.

Re the video; the issue with the Heart Chakra/Green ray activation bypass and the 'paranoia' is further detailed by Ra in the LoO (For ref orange is sacral, yellow is solar and green is heart). Below might not be to everyones taste, the LoO is a pretty difficult read:

Ra 41.14 Wrote:(..)
The appropriate true color for third density is, as you have ascertained, yellow. However, the influences of the true color, green, acting upon yellow-ray entities have caused many entities to revert to the consideration of self rather than the stepping forward into consideration of other-self or green ray. This may not be seen to be of a negatively polarized nature, as the negatively polarized entity is working very intensively with the deepest manifestations of yellow-ray group energies, especially the manipulations of other-self for service to self. Those reverting to orange ray, and we may add these are many upon your plane at this time, are those who feel the vibrations of true color green and, therefore, respond by rejecting governmental and societal activities as such and seek once more the self.

However, not having developed the yellow ray properly so that it balances the personal vibratory rates of the entity, the entity then is faced with the task of further activation and balancing of the self in relation to the self, thus the orange-ray manifestations at this space/time nexus.

(..)

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

06-11-2015, 11:03 PM #4
AnswersISeek
Squire
The conspiracy theorist is the ultimate skeptic. The person who basically sees a shadow around every corner. But, while not EVERY corner has a shadow, A LOT of them do in this world and I have a sense that some of them are dismissed a little too easily. After all, that would be considered a victory for a potential conspirator(s) wouldn't it? If they could convince people that the thing they are conspiring about is "unbelievable" thus allowing them to get away with their goal?
Conspiracy or "planned cooperation" usually by deception and trickery to come to some sort of common goal, happens every day across all levels of life. From governments to religious leaders to CEO's on down to two lowlifes planning to rob a house. What's is interesting is seeing the limits that people will put on the believability of said "cooperation". Usually, it seems that the higher the accused's perceived level of authority, the less the conspiracy is believed by the general populace, yet they are the most able to carry it out BECAUSE of that very authority. For example, the theory that the a faction of the U.S. govt was involved in 9/11 is still considered preposterous 14 years later by quite a few people.
My biggest question for us all, how many conspiracies or deceptions are hiding behind the mask of authority and because of that, we just accept?

06-11-2015, 11:42 PM #5
sPEktrall
Chaplain
What are legit and illegitimate so called theories floating around?

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

06-12-2015, 01:00 AM #6
Distracto
Peasant
I am an Empath, and wow it took more than a minute to absorb ya'lls ramblings.
Such intelligence, and yet, no effort put towards Yeshuah. You are all rambling towards nothingness.....just saying.

06-12-2015, 01:23 PM #7
VC
Administrator
I personally strongly dislike the term conspiracy theorist. It is a derogatory term used to pigeonhole anyone who dares to research a specific set of topics. There is also a clear effort to associate "conspiracy theorists" with some sort of mental problem as if gaining knowledge on a specific subjects is an illness.

I do not consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but a researcher. I do not actively seek conspiracies and I am not looking for theories. I look for verifiable facts and observable patterns like any other kind of researcher. Knowing that media outlets are heavily controlled and that some facts are not publicized by mainstream media, it is only sane and rational to seek other sources for information. There is nothing insane about this process. Quite to the contrary, I find that it takes moral fortitude to seek out information that can potentially shatter one's world view and reveal disturbing facts. In my experience, the most intense so-called conspiracy theorists are some of the brightest, well-educated, well-adjusted and successful people I know.

On the other hand, I am baffled by people whose brains automatically shut down when exposed to a topic that is remotely related to a "conspiracy theory". It is as if they cannot cope with information that might burst their world view so do not even want to consider it. I find that attitude to be unbalanced and even dangerous. I remember, a few years ago, before the Snowden revelations, that some people refused to believe that the government was actively monitoring and data mining all electronic communications. That information was not in mass media but, with some research, it was readily available. Those who sought to spread that information were tagged as "paranoid conspiracy theorists" although it was a FACT.

To reject all conspiracy-related information is as dumb as believing it all. A real truth seeker does not look to conform to the stereotypical "conspiracy" crowd by peppering their sentences with words such as "sheeple", "shill" and whatnot. It is about looking for truth and fact, without an underlying agenda, whether it fits our world-view and biases or not.

The fact that you are not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

06-13-2015, 12:13 AM #8
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
(06-12-2015, 01:23 PM)VC Wrote:  I personally strongly dislike the term conspiracy theorist. It is a derogatory term used to pigeonhole anyone who dares to research a specific set of topics. There is also a clear effort to associate "conspiracy theorists" with some sort of mental problem as if gaining knowledge on a specific subjects is an illness.

I do not consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but a researcher. I do not actively seek conspiracies and I am not looking for theories. I look for verifiable facts and observable patterns like any other kind of researcher. Knowing that media outlets are heavily controlled and that some facts are not publicized by mainstream media, it is only sane and rational to seek other sources for information. There is nothing insane about this process. Quite to the contrary, I find that it takes moral fortitude to seek out information that can potentially shatter one's world view and reveal disturbing facts. In my experience, the most intense so-called conspiracy theorists are some of the brightest, well-educated, well-adjusted and successful people I know.

On the other hand, I am baffled by people whose brains automatically shut down when exposed to a topic that is remotely related to a "conspiracy theory". It is as if they cannot cope with information that might burst their world view so do not even want to consider it. I find that attitude to be unbalanced and even dangerous. I remember, a few years ago, before the Snowden revelations, that some people refused to believe that the government was actively monitoring and data mining all electronic communications. That information was not in mass media but, with some research, it was readily available. Those who sought to spread that information were tagged as "paranoid conspiracy theorists" although it was a FACT.

To reject all conspiracy-related information is as dumb as believing it all. A real truth seeker does not look to conform to the stereotypical "conspiracy" crowd by peppering their sentences with words such as "sheeple", "shill" and whatnot. It is about looking for truth and fact, without an underlying agenda, whether it fits our world-view and biases or not.

@VC......I strongly agree with all of THAT!^ Smile

@all VCF members.......Speaking for myself, I'm not a conspiracy theorist because I'm not in the business of making theories. Instead of conspiracy theories, I'm interested in conspiracy facts.

And this is the main reason why the term "conspiracy researcher" needs to be used on a full-time basis. By definition, it is a person who reads, studies, & investigate a possible and/or potential conspiracy.

Excuse me, but it's has always been my position that at least 50% of all know conspiracy theories are actually conspiracy facts that gets dismiss as "theories" as one of many ways (along with trolling, flamebaiting, & disinfomation) to suppress true information.

06-13-2015, 12:37 AM #9
MaryJane
Marshall
(06-12-2015, 01:23 PM)VC Wrote:  I personally strongly dislike the term conspiracy theorist. It is a derogatory term used to pigeonhole anyone who dares to research a specific set of topics. There is also a clear effort to associate "conspiracy theorists" with some sort of mental problem as if gaining knowledge on a specific subjects is an illness.

So well said.

06-13-2015, 01:51 PM #10
monkt
Squire
Sadly, its a war out there, and there are a lot of shill CTers, who muddy up the waters to make it seem anyone even with a reasonable skepticism is a tin foil hat wearer.

I cant even question a single popular belief without being called a crazy conspiracy theorist.