#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Interconnected by Plant Consciousness

11-13-2015, 09:48 AM #1
Emerald
Chaplain
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/11/11/in...ciousness/

"We have co-evolved and live interrelated with the plant world, and plants have a direct influence on our moods and behaviours, through our diets. Through photosynthesis an enormous variety of organic molecules is created, from sunlight, water and carbon dioxide, which is amazing in itself. The molecules in our brain that determine our moods and behaviour, such as dopamine and serotonin, are plant compounds."

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 2 users Like Emerald's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

11-13-2015, 02:41 PM #2
The Creeper
Chaplain
Thank you for posting this Emerald, its an absolutely fascinating topic to get into. We are a part of nature but I think a lot of us have lost sight of this. Its long overdue that we should decide to work with nature instead of trying to conquer it.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 1 user Likes The Creeper's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

11-13-2015, 04:10 PM #3
Emerald
Chaplain
(11-13-2015, 02:41 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  Thank you for posting this Emerald, its an absolutely fascinating topic to get into. We are a part of nature but I think a lot of us have lost sight of this. Its long overdue that we should decide to work with nature instead of trying to conquer it.

Ure welcome. Food for both soul and thought.

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 1 user Likes Emerald's post:
  • The Creeper

11-13-2015, 04:20 PM #4
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
O.o Avatar come to life? That'd be sweet!

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper

11-13-2015, 04:47 PM #5
The Creeper
Chaplain
(11-13-2015, 04:20 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  O.o Avatar come to life? That'd be sweet!

As cool as that would be there is a bit more to what is said in the article than that.

I had read before how plants know when they are being eaten. Some plants secrete chemicals to ward off the attackers, others let out pheremones to attract insects that would eat the insects that are eating the plant, some even rely on being eaten to complete their reproductive cycle. You don't get none of these natural defences with GMOs so you have to use more pesticide which damages the environment. The article didn't really go into the relationships between plants and insects too much. They could probably do an entire article on that alone to be fair. We rely on bees and plants a lot, people don't realise how fucked we would be if all the bees disappeared tomorrow.

Ayahuasca is mentioned in the article. That is a seriously interesting plant. There are a lot of interesting plants now that I have said that..

We have been using plants and getting amazing benefits from doing so ever since cave man days. The medicinal value of certain plants is mind boggling and thats just with what we know about currently, im fairly sure we will find the cure for cancer in plants. Pretty much everything we invent, nature has already come up with ages ago and we were just too blind to see it.

At this point I think it goes without saying that I am one of those people who plays music to his plants. Tongue

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 1 user Likes The Creeper's post:
  • Thy Unveiling