#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
VC site is totally not loading on my computer for almost 12 hours now

11-13-2015, 04:47 AM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
It started happening at 1:30 pm pacific time this afternoon... i was right in the middle of a reply to a post of mine, and the forums would not let me post it. then.. i got a website unavailable for the whole forum. not only that.. but i got a website unavailable for WHOLE site... and this has been happening now for almost 12 hours. i even restarted my comp and cleared cache..  obviously others are not having this prob.. i see new posts and when i am on a different computer (now) i can log in... but not on my computer.. so what gives?  :/
This post was last modified: 11-13-2015, 04:57 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 2 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

11-13-2015, 08:03 AM #2
VC
Administrator
I moved the thread to Forum Announcements.

Please PM the IP address that is blocked and I'll look into it. Thanks.

The fact that you are not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
The following 2 users Like VC's post:
  • The Creeper, sophiaponders

11-13-2015, 11:02 AM #3
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(11-13-2015, 08:03 AM)VC Wrote:  I moved the thread to Forum Announcements.

Thanks VC.. have PM'd you. Still same prob happening today Huh

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • The Creeper

11-13-2015, 11:26 AM #4
Loki
Chaplain
(11-13-2015, 11:02 AM)sophiaponders Wrote:  
(11-13-2015, 08:03 AM)VC Wrote:  I moved the thread to Forum Announcements.

Thanks VC.. have PM'd you. Still same prob happening today  Huh

That post you had trouble sending likely contained trigger words for VC's firewall. The most common words to trigger this apparently are "fr0m" and "s3lect" (I got the 404 error just trying to post this explanation using the real words rather than putting a number in them) because we see them as innocuous but the firewall sees them as attacks. Because you repeatedly tried to send these "attacks" the firewall banned your IP to avoid the site being hacked in some way. Once VC gets your PM he will go in and unban your computer's IP so you can post again. You're still able to post from your phone though because that IP jumps or pings around frequently so it isn't banned.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 2 users Like Loki's post:
  • sophiaponders, The Creeper

11-13-2015, 12:58 PM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I've been finding it briefly goes down on me a lot on my android. Especially right after I hit Send on a pm. (Thank God the main person I pm here opened a Facebook the other day so I can message him there now too.)

My 3-in-1 friend tried registering here last night but found some difficulty with the security question. Maybe she misunderstood and put the wrong answer? Idk. She tried a few times then said f it and went to bed. She tried asking for my help, but I had no idea what she was on about and honestly don't remember registering here. All I could really say was "Maybe VC's making it more difficult cuz we've been getting a lot of spammers..."
She would like to join us here though, especially after hearing about Trenton, because it's one place where all 3 can be themselves here. Should I pm her email address to you VC?

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper

11-13-2015, 02:16 PM #6
Loki
Chaplain
(11-13-2015, 12:58 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  I've been finding it briefly goes down on me a lot on my android. Especially right after I hit Send on a pm. (Thank God the main person I pm here opened a Facebook the other day so I can message him there now too.)

My 3-in-1 friend tried registering here last night but found some difficulty with the security question. Maybe she misunderstood and put the wrong answer? Idk. She tried a few times then said f it and went to bed. She tried asking for my help, but I had no idea what she was on about and honestly don't remember registering here. All I could really say was "Maybe VC's making it more difficult cuz we've been getting a lot of spammers..."
She would like to join us here though, especially after hearing about Trenton, because it's one place where all 3 can be themselves here. Should I pm her email address to you VC?

I'm intrigued by this, and maybe you've explained it before but I don't lurk on a lot of the social threads... What does 3-in-1 friends mean? Like three people in one person? As in schizophrenic/MPD?

Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 2 users Like Loki's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

11-13-2015, 02:34 PM #7
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Yeah Loki, MPD. Definitely not schizo. And a helluva lot more together than most people I know! Honestly, I watch those girls and they've got their system down to a science and I actually wish sometimes I could do what they do. I've told the dominant one they should really get involved with others struggling to get their systems in order. It may have sprung about from horrible things, but they've figured out a good balance and there have been so many times where I'm like "I don't want to go to work. I wish I could send Her out for me..." Or "I don't want to clean but it needs done. *sigh* I wish I had A Maid like They do!" Hard to see it as a negative when it works like that. These days their biggest complaint is how tiring it is sharing a body with 3 people "Its worse than sharing a bathroom or a bedroom with your sisters sometimes!" Very tiring physically.

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
  • Trenton, The Creeper

11-13-2015, 03:01 PM #8
Loki
Chaplain
(11-13-2015, 02:34 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Yeah Loki, MPD. Definitely not schizo. And a helluva lot more together than most people I know! Honestly, I watch those girls and they've got their system down to a science and I actually wish sometimes I could do what they do. I've told the dominant one they should really get involved with others struggling to get their systems in order. It may have sprung about from horrible things, but they've figured out a good balance and there have been so many times where I'm like "I don't want to go to work. I wish I could send Her out for me..." Or "I don't want to clean but it needs done. *sigh* I wish I had A Maid like They do!" Hard to see it as a negative when it works like that. These days their biggest complaint is how tiring it is sharing a body with 3 people "Its worse than sharing a bathroom or a bedroom with your sisters sometimes!" Very tiring physically.

This is one of the craziest paragraphs I've ever read and I love it. Please let them know that multiple accounts are a bannable offense though so they will have to share the one Wink

Marcus Aurelius

--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 4 users Like Loki's post:
  • Trenton, Goku, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

11-13-2015, 03:22 PM #9
VC
Administrator
Huh

The fact that you are not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
The following 8 users Like VC's post:
  • Goku, Scimitar, sophiaponders, The Creeper, Riddler, Loki, Thy Unveiling, FlixKandish

11-13-2015, 04:24 PM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I love ya VC! Big Grin

• Annonymous Damsel, The Creeper