#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Disney is releasing ANOTHER 'Alice in Wonderland' movie.

11-10-2015, 11:48 PM #1
sophiaponders
Chaplain
Man... again??
And yeah I know this is all based on childrens books but the illuminati and cults use this story to try to program people as well. I have also come across this myself in the past on a personal level .. but thankfully I live in the real world, contrary to what others were suggesting to me. lol
Anyways.. from what I can tell from the trailer.. this one is about an older Alice who needs to go back to Wonderland to 'save the Mad Hatter'.. except in the trailer explanation.. they call it 'Underland' instead of Wonderland (?)
"Alice Kingsleigh (Wasikowska) has spent the past few years following in her father’s footsteps and sailing the high seas. Upon her return to London, she comes across a magical looking glass and returns to the fantastical realm of Underland and her friends the White Rabbit (Sheen), Absolem (Rickman), the Cheshire Cat (Fry) and the Mad Hatter (Depp), who is not himself. The Hatter has lost his Muchness, so Mirana (Hathaway) sends Alice on a quest to borrow the Chronosphere, a metallic globe inside the chamber of the Grand Clock which powers all time. Returning to the past, she comes across friends – and enemies – at different points in their lives, and embarks on a perilous race to save the Hatter before time runs out. Presented in Digital 3D™, Real D 3D and IMAX® 3D, Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass” opens in UK Cinemas May 27 2016. "
A lot of people are saying that the story line in the trailer does not even match up with the actual book in anycase.. true.. a LOT of creative license being used here.. I wonder how Carroll would feel?

There is a lot of symbolism in the trailer too.. checkerboard floor, butterfly etc..
This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 12:00 AM by sophiaponders.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 3 users Like sophiaponders's post:
  • GeekyBikerChic, Thy Unveiling, cookie

11-23-2015, 07:24 AM #2
cookie
Marshall
I don't think Carroll would be too bothered tbh, I expect they'll be a helluva lot of esoteric imagery and a deeper meaning to the film for those in the know.
Did you know Lewis Carroll was a p@edophile?

Your beliefs don't make you a better person,
Your behaviour does.
The following 2 users Like cookie's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, sophiaponders

11-23-2015, 12:29 PM #3
markymark1991
Marshall
hated the jonny deep alice in wonderland was very boring and creepy
The following 2 users Like markymark1991's post:
  • Songbird516, sophiaponders

11-23-2015, 04:01 PM #4
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(11-23-2015, 07:24 AM)cookie Wrote:  I don't think Carroll would be too bothered tbh, I expect they'll be a helluva lot of esoteric imagery and a deeper meaning to the film for those in the know.
Did you know Lewis Carroll was a p@edophile?

Yeah I heard he was a p@edophile  Undecided
As far as my comment on creative license.. it more came from the fact that the movie trailer seems to completely divert from the 'Through the Looking Glass' story.. it is NOT the story from the book or other films of the book.. that is not the story of 'Through the Looking Glass'. not sticking up for him though in any case.

If you are interested in Palestine feel free to join my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101464189944996/
The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

11-23-2015, 04:32 PM #5
DiscoStu
Marshall
In a word: money. The first film grossed a billion worldwide. Sequels are automatic at that point, regardless if any original material exists.

By contrast, that deplorable James Franco Wizard of OZ didn't make half that, so hopefully we'll be spared another trip down that yellow brick road.
This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 04:33 PM by DiscoStu. Edit Reason: adding
The following 4 users Like DiscoStu's post:
  • distractobot, Thy Unveiling, sophiaponders, cookie

11-28-2015, 01:59 AM #6
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Idk what the book is about, so I can say nothing on that. Never could get into the books as a kid. Now I'm rather curious.

I admit I enjoyed the first Alice film with Depp, except I felt it should have been called Return to Wonderland. The way the characters reacted to her "Oh, you're back!" and "You kept calling it Wonderland" make it seem as though the animated Alice we grew up with was her trip there as a kid, which she wrote off as a dream. In the live-action Alice, she returns and discovers it wasn't a dream, thus Return to Wonderland makes more sense as a title. I do want to see this new one now.

I also enjoyed Franco's Oz. I Noticed a lot, but I still enjoyed it. He shouldn't have led Mila's witch on like that though. Even if she's the one who said "forever", he could have said " one day at a time, dear. Let's see where things go." Meh, she still woulda been mad once he met the bubble witch anyways.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • sophiaponders

11-28-2015, 05:49 PM #7
sophiaponders
Chaplain
(11-28-2015, 01:59 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Idk what the book is about, so I can say nothing on that. Never could get into the books as a kid. Now I'm rather curious.

I admit I enjoyed the first Alice film with Depp, except I felt it should have been called Return to Wonderland. The way the characters reacted to her "Oh, you're back!" and "You kept calling it Wonderland" make it seem as though the animated Alice we grew up with was her trip there as a kid, which she wrote off as a dream. In the live-action Alice, she returns and discovers it wasn't a dream, thus Return to Wonderland makes more sense as a title. I do want to see this new one now.

I also enjoyed Franco's Oz. I Noticed a lot, but I still enjoyed it. He shouldn't have led Mila's witch on like that though. Even if she's the one who said "forever", he could have said " one day at a time, dear. Let's see where things go." Meh, she still woulda been mad once he met the bubble witch anyways.

Quote:I admit I enjoyed the first Alice film with Depp, except I felt it should have been called Return to Wonderland. The way the characters reacted to her "Oh, you're back!" and "You kept calling it Wonderland" make it seem as though the animated Alice we grew up with was her trip there as a kid, which she wrote off as a dream. In the live-action Alice, she returns and discovers it wasn't a dream, thus Return to Wonderland makes more sense as a title. I do want to see this new one now.

Hmm... interesting. I never saw it.. I avoided it.. but interesting to know that they re-wrote the first live action one of 'Alice in Wonderland' too and it was more like a 'return to wonderland'...

Quote:Idk what the book is about, so I can say nothing on that. Never could get into the books as a kid. Now I'm rather curious.
Well, 'Through the Looking Glass' from what I can recall, starts w/ Alice in her home reading the Jabberwocky and then realizes she is still in Wonderland on the wrong side of the mirror from her actual reality. It has nothing to do with her 'abandoning Wonderland' 'leaving the poor hatter in hell' & 'having to turn back the hands of time'....

Am thinking they are getting just as MK creepy w/ these live action 'Alice' remakes as they did with that 'Return to Oz' movie years ago.. (I think VC might have done an article on that one)
This post was last modified: 11-28-2015, 05:50 PM by sophiaponders.

The following 1 user Likes sophiaponders's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

12-03-2015, 05:48 AM #8
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Whoa! You'd think her being behind the mirror would be a trip enough! Thanks for telling me! Now I do need to make a point of reading those books.

Always wondered where that Jabberwocky poem came from. So many people act like its the greatest poem ever. Idk, I found it rather like Willy Wonka, Edgar Allen Poe, and Dr. Suess wrote it as a group effort. Bah, who am I to say anything? I love Willy Wonka! (But am told the actual factory is run by slave labour,..)

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job