#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

06-09-2015, 02:22 AM #1
Sarge
Marshall
I know my peeps around here are surely lost in the fantasy and lore of this wonderfully epic game.

Don't really know the total hours i've spent, but it feels like i'm closing in on the end.

Haven't done any secondary quests yet so only level 17.

Wink

06-09-2015, 03:14 AM #2
Tarikko
Chaplain
(06-09-2015, 02:22 AM)Sarge Wrote:  I know my peeps around here are surely lost in the fantasy and lore of this wonderfully epic game.

Don't really know the total hours i've spent, but it feels like i'm closing in on the end.

Haven't done any secondary quests yet so only level 17.

Wink

Hey Sarge!

I haven't bought TW3 yet, but im super excited to do so...

I am waiting to update my pc some time in 2016 and maybe some mods to come out.

In the meantime, I am playing Skyrim heavily modded, 400 mods + Smile

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

06-09-2015, 04:37 AM #3
Sarge
Marshall
Skyrim was amazing!!

I played it on PS3 so can imagine how crazy it is on your PC.

Witcher 3 is just better in every aspect, but that is only because they've been able to better games like Elder Scrolls and Dragon age by being made later.

06-09-2015, 05:28 AM #4
Tarikko
Chaplain
(06-09-2015, 04:37 AM)Sarge Wrote:  Skyrim was amazing!!

I played it on PS3 so can imagine how crazy it is on your PC.

Witcher 3 is just better in every aspect, but that is only because they've been able to better games like Elder Scrolls and Dragon age by being made later.

Agree...

But you know what makes Skyrim Epic and a timeless master piece? The modding community...

Man, playing on a PC is just a totally different type of experience... I am planning on going 4k for my next PC Smile

There is a mod pack that i can direct you to, around 450 mods that cover ALL aspects of the game: graphics, gameplay, UI, new areas, combat, music soundtracks, crafting, realism, realistic needs, weather, ENBs... and soooo much more.

How amazing is it to prowl and explore Skyrim's landscape listening to The Lord the Rings soundtrack...

Skyrim at launch was mediocre at best... and look what heights it attained.

Can you imagine TW3 with modding? I simply CAN NOT WAIT Smile

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

The following 1 user Likes Tarikko's post:
  • HappyHippie

06-09-2015, 08:00 AM #5
Loki
Chaplain
I haven't had time to get into as much as I'd like in between playing Destiny and The Last of Us with my friends. Gaming is a more social thing for me these days rather than having the time to sit down and drop 5+ hours into a huge RPG. One day soon I want to do that though because the game seems epic in scale.

I'm playing Witcher on Xbone btw, though most of my gaming is done on PS4.
This post was last modified: 06-09-2015, 08:00 AM by Loki.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

06-09-2015, 08:24 AM #6
Tarikko
Chaplain
(06-09-2015, 08:00 AM)Loki Wrote:  I haven't had time to get into as much as I'd like in between playing Destiny and The Last of Us with my friends. Gaming is a more social thing for me these days rather than having the time to sit down and drop 5+ hours into a huge RPG. One day soon I want to do that though because the game seems epic in scale.

Loki i played so many mmos, i got tired from the social aspect tbh...

World of Warcraft for 5 years+ (before i quit i had around 330 days play time!!!!!), age of conan for like 3 years and then i moved to Elder Scrolls online for likea year plus..

The social aspect is amazing... but the downside is that it is too time consuming, between raids and pvp..

Now i just wanna immerse myself and pause and save at will Smile

06-09-2015, 08:28 AM #7
Loki
Chaplain
(06-09-2015, 08:24 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  
(06-09-2015, 08:00 AM)Loki Wrote:  I haven't had time to get into as much as I'd like in between playing Destiny and The Last of Us with my friends. Gaming is a more social thing for me these days rather than having the time to sit down and drop 5+ hours into a huge RPG. One day soon I want to do that though because the game seems epic in scale.

Loki i played so many mmos, i got tired from the social aspect tbh...

World of Warcraft for 5 years+ (before i quit i had around 330 days play time!!!!!), age of conan for like 3 years and then i moved to Elder Scrolls online for likea year plus..

The social aspect is amazing... but the downside is that it is too time consuming, between raids and pvp..

Now i just wanna immerse myself and pause and save at will Smile

Yeah I probably Wowed for about that amount of time, though I was more casual than most and never did Raid type stuff. I liked the atmosphere and the PvP more than anything else. Age of Conan was amazing honestly, I wish my family and friends had all had better PCs when that game was coming out so we could have had a big group of us playing together, it was mostly just me and 1 cousin, which was still fun but could have been more fun. Then my PC died so I stopped playing.

I'm about to get back into Elder Scrolls on PS4 with a few friends. I think Elder Scrolls and Wild Star are the two best MMOs I've played in the last few years.

Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

06-09-2015, 08:34 AM #8
Hex
Wanderer
Not had a chance for Witcher 3 yet - I know what I'm like once I get into it.

Speaking of which, anyone not seen the Fallout 4 trailer yet? 

I came.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

06-09-2015, 08:47 AM #9
Loki
Chaplain
I wish I was into the Fallout series more. I love that haunted 1940s/50s feel that it and Bioshock have but couldn't really get into either series for some reason. I think my brain is hardwired to think "Shooter = Multiplayer" now so when FPS games don't have any multiplayer aspect I can't get into them.

I love how lots of game franchises just throw a dog into the mix after they've had a few titles and can't think of enough ways to make the new one different; and it's almost always a German Shepherd. Which is cool with me because I'm a sucker for dogs. I wish they'd gone with a shorter haired dog though since, at least in the trailer, the engine doesn't seem to do fur really.

Marcus Aurelius

--- Elliott C. Morgan

06-09-2015, 10:12 AM #10
Sarge
Marshall
I saw the trailer for fallout yesterday, looks ok but i've never been a fan of the series.

I've just clocked Dying Light and thats also a survival game. Probably the funnest game besides GTA5 with multiplayer.

Forget whatever ya'll are doing and get Witcher now. I rarely have time to play but i've still managed to almost complete the main story.

And add me on PSN (Sargeridius)