#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Poll note
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.  

Poll: What is your religious/belief background?
Christian
Muslim
Atheist/Agnostic
Jewish
Other

~ What's the religious view of forum members? ~

Abdul Kareem Ibn Sepulveda Show this Post
10-29-2015, 11:57 PM #1
Abdul Kareem Ibn Sepulveda Unregistered

I'm new to VC forums as a whole, however I've been coming to this site for years now. Only recently I created an account to converse with fellow "Vigilant Citizens."  Big Grin

As a result, I'm wondering how many people comprise of the different faiths around the world that spend time in the religious, spiritual, and occult section of VC forums  Would like to get a general idea of how many Christians, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Agnostics, etc fall within each category.

I'm Muslim, so I automatically make up one of the votes for that option, lol.

*Edit: I think I should have gotten rid of the Jewish option, since they are the smallest of the major religions, and fleshed out "other" more since that is getting a number of votes....
The following 6 users Like Abdul Kareem Ibn Sepulveda's post:
  • celle76, Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, The Creeper, Trenton, Tarikko

10-30-2015, 12:23 AM #2
MissMiami
Marshall
NO religion.
The following 7 users Like MissMiami's post:
  • AnswersISeek, anteater, That1kid, Vytas, Thy Unveiling, Loki, Trenton

10-30-2015, 12:26 AM #3
Trenton
Justiciar
I worship God. Not religion.

Though I can appreciate the views presented in various religions.

It would all boil down to one thing. I'm part of the universe, and I praise the creator.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 8 users Like Trenton's post:
  • celle76, Vytas, Thy Unveiling, Loki, The Creeper, MissMiami, Yahda, Tarikko

10-30-2015, 04:43 AM #4
Tarikko
Chaplain
Trenton,

Islam is not a religion per se. It is a state of mind and a way of life.

State of submission to the Creator of All and a way of life that pleases God.

Muslim means one who submitted himself to God.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 3 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Trenton

10-30-2015, 05:23 AM #5
MissMiami
Marshall
The word(s) "religion" appears 87 time(s) in 76 verse(s) in Quran in Muhammad Pickthal translation.
The following 1 user Likes MissMiami's post:
  • FlixKandish

10-30-2015, 05:36 AM #6

Hello Miss Miami, 

Sure, for classification purposes, Islam can be seen as a religion. But the reality of it is, it's more than a religion - 
 Islam is a complete and comprehensive way of life leading to a balanced way of living.

So Islam is indeed a religion, and then some.

The following 4 users Like Abdul Kareem Ibn Sepulveda's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Tarikko, Trenton

10-30-2015, 06:36 AM #7
MissMiami
Marshall
(10-30-2015, 05:36 AM)Abdul Kareem Ibn Sepulveda Wrote:  Hello Miss Miami, 

Sure, for classification purposes, Islam can be seen as a religion. But the reality of it is, it's more than a religion - 
 Islam is a complete and comprehensive way of life leading to a balanced way of living.

So Islam is indeed a religion, and then some.

Thank you for clarifying with civility instead of with the retaliation we are all too accustomed to receiving from your religion around here. 

Did you know that religion is man-made? God wants us to keep His commandments instead of religion.
The following 3 users Like MissMiami's post:
  • That1kid, Trenton, Thy Unveiling

10-30-2015, 06:59 AM #8
Emerald
Chaplain
Why does it matter? It shouldnt. Im an atheist anway.

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 1 user Likes Emerald's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

10-30-2015, 07:18 AM #9

What's up Emerald? I like your username. It doesn't really matter too much I suppose for others, but I like to get an idea for myself who are in these forums and what are their religious views (or lack thereof). I gotta admit, your signature was pretty funny. Although I naturally disagreed heavily with George Carlin's perspective on religion, he was a pretty funny comedian (although wasn't much of a fan of his vulgarity). I particularly enjoyed his comedy when he based it around things like the Illuminati and the New World Order - things of the conspiratorial nature that has a basis in reality. 

And not a problem Miss Miami, however what what sort of "civility" are you referring to receiving from Muslims on here? I take it that it was more on the negative side. Are you sure they were intentionally being uncivil towards you, or were you just perceiving it in such a manner? And what's your religious view (or lack thereof) anyway? Are you a part of the "other" category perhaps? You believe in God (it seems, though I could be wrong), but you don't believe in organized religion because you believe it's man-made? Feel free to clarify. Thanks.
The following 4 users Like Abdul Kareem Ibn Sepulveda's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, The Creeper

10-30-2015, 07:46 AM #10
Goku
Chaplain
Why have you done 'Atheist/Agnostic' as if they are the same thing?
The following 7 users Like Goku's post:
  • Trenton, TonyVanDam, FlixKandish, Annonymous Damsel, Thy Unveiling, Loki, The Creeper