#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
IRAQ: ex PM of UK - Tony Blairs Apology

10-26-2015, 10:51 AM #1
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Tony Blair has made apologies about aspects of the Iraq War for the first time and has said there are ‘elements of truth’ in the theory that the invasion helped feed the rise of Isis.

In a TV interview with CNN, the former Prime Minister said he was sorry that the intelligence behind the decision to attack Saddam Hussein’s regime in 2003 was wrong, and admitted there had been mistakes in the planning of the operation.

He had been asked how he felt about the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq as he took questions from American political broadcaster Fareed Zakaria in an interview due to be broadcast by CNN Europe on Sunday.

It is as part of a longer documentary, Long Road To Hell: America In Iraq, set to be screened on Tueday.

With the cameras rolling, Mr Zakaria asked Mr Blair: “Given that Saddam had no WMDs, was the war a mistake?”

He replied: “I apologise for the fact that the intelligence we received was wrong. I also apologise, by the way, for some of the mistakes in planning, and certainly, our mistake in our understanding of what would happen once you removed the regime. But I find it hard to apologise for removing Saddam.”

Mr Blair’s comments led to questions as to why he had chosen to be so candid to a US network before making such comments to British broadcasters or newspapers. The timing of the interview has been noted by critics, with the long-awaited findings of the Chilcot inquiry into the conflict due to be made public in the coming weeks.

The war led to large scale public protests and rebellions against Mr Blair in the Labour Party.

In his CNN interview, Mr Blair, who resigned as Prime Minister in 2007, was asked how he felt about being sometimes branded a “war criminal” by his opponents, and how it had changed the way people viewed his time in Downing Street. He responded by comparing the invasion with inaction in Syria, claiming the West and Europe had stood back while hundreds of thousands of people had been killed.

He added: “By the way, I always point out to people, I did actually win an election after Iraq. But I agree it’s been a huge political problem.”

In another segment, Mr Blair is asked whether the war provoked the growth of Isis, the group which now controls swathes of Iraq and Syria and which is being hit with air strikes from a US-led coalition that includes the UK.

“I think there are elements of truth in that,” Mr Blair said. “Of course, you can’t say those of us who removed Saddam in 2003 bear no responsibility for the situation in 2015.”

In the past, Mr Blair has been less candid about what went wrong. In 2007, he insisted: “I don’t think we should be apologising at all for what we are doing in Iraq.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people...07776.html

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper, Tarikko

10-26-2015, 10:56 AM #2
Tarikko
Chaplain
Bro Scimi

The guy apologized

The 2+ million dead and maimed got nothing to complain about now.

How dare they?

They have freedom and democracy
This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 11:21 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 5 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper, doubleshot, peacebeuponall, Scimitar

10-26-2015, 11:06 AM #3
Talijana
Marshall
Not really an apology, he apologised for acting on bad intelligence. It is like a hitman saying he cant be charged with murder because he killed person B instead of person A. Sorry guys bad INTEL! WOOPS!!!! Even that is a rather inchoate analogy

and given how surveillanced the world has been since the Cold War are they stupid enough to think that people will believe they had bad intelligence on WMDs. Something as significant and tangible that usually always leaves a trail (manufacturers, suppliers, missing GDP, trade deals with suppliers its endless really) is not some silly mistake. 

If it was a real apology hed march his ass to the ICJ
The following 7 users Like Talijana's post:
  • celle76, Trenton, The Creeper, doubleshot, peacebeuponall, Scimitar, Tarikko

10-26-2015, 11:07 AM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Tony Blair was asked, if his meddling in Iraq was responsible for ISIS - he replied "there is some truth in that".

Some? He knows that pretty soon, all this is gonna leak out and then his "some" will become "a lot of truth in that".

Basically Tony Blair feels cornered now that the Chilcot report will be published and - pragmatically - to protect his already dwindling reputation he has issued an opology - something he said he would never do in relation to Iraq, as we read above in the OP.

Another factor is, many members of parliament are now speaking up on the Blair issues regarding Iraq and WMD's.

For example, a former Labour MP has said he is ashamed to have trusted Tony Blair about the Iraq War after new evidence emerged about his views in the run-up to the conflict.

Andrew MacKinlay,  who sat on the foreign affairs select committee in the run-up to the war, told LBC Radio that a new memo shows Tony Blair "duped" him along with the rest of the country.

"Looking at this these documents this morning and everything else that has gone before we know that this was a complete and utter deceit to me and to others," he said.

MORE ON THE STORY HERE:
SOURCE: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...99901.html

So - which leaders do you trust? Which Prime Ministers? Which Presidents? Which? If any?

They are all lying as if their lives depended on it. All of them are zionists

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
  • Trenton, The Creeper, Tarikko

10-26-2015, 01:22 PM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Edit. Member eminemer is now banned.

He was parading around under a sock account. What a dick.

Scimi
This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 10:23 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko

10-26-2015, 02:02 PM #6
Tarikko
Chaplain
What's the penalty for having multiple accounts meltbanana?

I believe it's a straight ban

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 1 user Likes Tarikko's post:
  • Scimitar

10-26-2015, 02:46 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Tony Blair, lost this one... Eminemer - is not happy about that Smile

Amusing stuff Big Grin

Scimi

Edit: now he is banned. For using a sock puppet account. Roffle.

Scimi
This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 10:24 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko

11-08-2015, 04:47 PM #8
Emerald
Chaplain
Plagiarism and Fake Intelligence Used to Justify the War on Iraq: Copied and Pasted from the Internet into an “Official” British Intel Report

http://www.globalresearch.ca/plagiarism-...ticles/513

"According to Rangwala, the  British intelligence document was fake. It had not been prepared by British intelligence. It was copied and pasted from the internet by members of Tony Blair’s office"  

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 4 users Like Emerald's post:
  • Tarikko, Trenton, Scimitar, The Creeper

11-08-2015, 04:56 PM #9
The Creeper
Chaplain
I will accept Mr Blairs apology for involving my country in an illegal war and getting millions of people maimed and killed when he is swinging from a short rope from a tall tree. That seems fair to me.

'peace envoy to the middle east', what a sick joke. There is a special place in hell reserved for people like him.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Scimitar

11-08-2015, 05:31 PM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Punishing politicians for war crimes is like - impossible it seems. And yes, a very deep pit in hell for the likes of Mr Blair... and no Mr Blair, no amount of damage control is going to cut it - even the death by electrocution of 100 Mr Blairs is not enough payment for the number of dead I personally blame him for. Which runs into the millions btw.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
  • Tarikko, Trenton, The Creeper