#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Will Social Media Ever Die?

06-04-2015, 03:48 PM #1
spirited_away
Squire
Now that social media is here, it seems like it's here to stay. Could it be here to influence humans so long as we live on this earth?  Thoughts?
This post was last modified: 06-04-2015, 05:44 PM by spirited_away.

"You think too much about the time you have left - You don't spend it living."  Heart

06-04-2015, 05:11 PM #2
DarkStar
Marshall
(06-04-2015, 03:48 PM)spirited_away Wrote:  Now that social media is here, it seems like it's here to stay. Could it be here to influence the duration of human existence?  Thoughts?

#Hashtags are the new (dot) coms...

Gillette launched their #Flexball hashtag twitter campaign during the deflated gate scandal.... how subliminal and influential of them to do so...

It's definitely here to stay, manipulate and influence....

06-04-2015, 05:14 PM #3
Brenon
Knight
Duration of Humanity?, increase or decrease in Life?. Sorry not sure what you mean. Duration of Humanity?, increase or decrease in Life?. Sorry not sure what you mean.

People used to spend more time with each other Befor the Telephone was Invented, then the Radio, then the Television, now the Internet and i think within 3-5 years everyone will have at least a Pair of Ocolus Rifts in there Home

Im kinda alote of sure lol, that social media wont die, but it will change. Look at those glasses and tell me you cant see a 3D Virtual World Like the Movie Gamer in the Future?.
This post was last modified: 06-04-2015, 05:34 PM by Brenon.

06-04-2015, 05:28 PM #4
cameronjcw
Justiciar
I dont think its ever going away now, it can only continue to grow and evolve, into what exactly who knows!

It has so many positives, even facebook has positives although I do hate how much its overtaken everybodys lives as much as it has although even regarding that for many people its a support system. I keep in contact with many people with the same illnessees as me dont use groups so much, cant be arsed how much fighting and bitching there is in them. I do have a blog and also a facebook page for the blog but Ive not done anything on it for a long time due to health problems lol the blog is ironically about my health problems. I also have twitter linked to my blog and facebook, its a great way for a small business to grow with no avertising budget.

I think there are far to many benefits of social media for it to just disappear now, who knows where we will be in another 10 years from now, even 5 years!

I could add a lot more to this post but my health is not permitting much this week, thats what I get for daring to go out and do anthing lol

06-04-2015, 05:30 PM #5
spirited_away
Squire
As in...
Will it be here so long as humans are living on this earth?

"You think too much about the time you have left - You don't spend it living."  Heart

06-04-2015, 05:36 PM #6
Brenon
Knight
Definitly spirited_away but like cameronjcw wrote it will change, evolve in the future.

06-04-2015, 05:37 PM #7
spirited_away
Squire
Although there are benefits to social media, we are losing face to face contact with one another. I guess I wish social media wasn't as big as it is now. I try to use it in moderation, but I can still feel myself spending hours on end using social media when I could just be out spending time with friends. I just feel like it has taken a toll on relationships today. It just feels less genuine to me.

(06-04-2015, 05:36 PM)Brenon Wrote:  Definitly spirited_away but like cameronjcw wrote it will change, evolve in the future.

Understandable.
This post was last modified: 06-04-2015, 05:41 PM by spirited_away.

06-04-2015, 05:46 PM #8
Gorilla
Marshall
Not sure if it will, but if it does, it's either because humans no longer exist or because humans have rediscovered their true social nature.

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired.

06-05-2015, 07:46 AM #9
Tarikko
Chaplain
I miss the old days.. when we didn't even need a phone to locate each other..

When playing was about climbing trees, running after each other, playing ball, coming back home covered in mud and dirt.. that was healthy

Tech was supposed to "improve" our lives and bring us closer... now i go out to dinner or social events and everyone is fiddling with their smartphones.. including myself Tongue
This post was last modified: 06-05-2015, 08:18 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

06-05-2015, 09:15 AM #10
CountDracula
Marshall
When the Internet made it's way into every household, I think it was all over then. Unless something happens and technology somehow regresses to a pre-'90s state I think there will only be new technology and it will get a lot worse.