#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Should the rest of the world adopt Islam's view of the inequality of women?

10-22-2015, 08:54 PM #1
Gnostic Bishop
Marshall

Pickthall4:34

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other,

Every moral legal system I know of in the West and most of the non-Islamic world begins with equality for all.

Check the value of a Muslim woman, according to some Muslim men, at the 8 min. mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbTATkLntBU

Regards

DL
The following 1 user Likes Gnostic Bishop's post:
  •

10-22-2015, 08:59 PM #2
sPEktrall
Chaplain
Why would you ask that question....?

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 5 users Like sPEktrall's post:
  • Y4KK1TTY YAK6, , Trenton, Annonymous Damsel, Thunderian

10-22-2015, 09:54 PM #3
Thunderian
Chaplain
Love the avatar, sPEk.  :thumbsup
The following 1 user Likes Thunderian's post:
  • sPEktrall

10-22-2015, 10:02 PM #4
Gnostic Bishop
Marshall
The main impetus for the question was the present immigration crisis in the E. U. and the fact that Islam is growing in power and influence all over the free world and if we do not bring it to heel, our women and cultures will lose the equality of the sexes.

Most of what I want to have you here other than what I answer to posts is in these two links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIi36nvdWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCOLcMqdpls

Regards

DL

10-22-2015, 10:04 PM #5
Gnostic Bishop
Marshall
(10-22-2015, 08:59 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  Why would you ask that question....?

Check the links and explanation I just put above.

I have to wonder why you would ask instead of just answering the question.

Care to share what motivated you to do so?

Regards
DL

10-23-2015, 12:57 AM #6
Thunderian
Chaplain
Was it a serious question?

Why on earth would the rest of the world adopt Islam's view of women?
The following 4 users Like Thunderian's post:
  • Lotte, , Trenton, Bratwurst

10-23-2015, 03:22 AM #7
Tarikko
Chaplain
To give women their rights? To hold them in the highest respect possible?

Islam exalts women... wish this would happen one day

Care to bring proof how Islam unfairly subjugates women GB?

Don't talk to me culture and tradition.

Talk Islam.

"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth."

The verse here states: Men are "Kawwamoona" over women: meaning caretakers of women

yup... no wrong in that.. each is assigned a role.

Can men take over the breastfeeding?

What does the bible say?

1 Corinthians 14:34-35: "...women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says, If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

A woman is not allowed to argue with a Priest, whereas in Islam women used to argue with the Prophet PBUH.

P.S we have few women Reverts here, Mashallah

Perhaps you should ask them whether after coming to Islam they felt liberated or enslaved... Nothing beats going to the source, don't you say? Big Grin
This post was last modified: 10-23-2015, 07:41 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

10-23-2015, 03:41 AM #8
Goku
Chaplain
Silly question.

I don't think a religion is needed to treat a Woman as an equal.
This post was last modified: 10-23-2015, 07:00 AM by Goku.
The following 5 users Like Goku's post:
  • AndrianaStark, Tarikko, Trenton, The Creeper, Annonymous Damsel

10-23-2015, 06:45 AM #9
Serendipity
Justiciar
I lost my reply Cry

Anyway, inequality in Islam? Really?

Islam has forbidden the practice of burying girls alive at that time. Islam has made it a requirement that both men and women get education.

Some more below:

'According to the Quran, men and women have the same spirit, there is no superiority in the spiritual sense between men and women. [Noble Quran 4:1, 7:189, 42:11]'

'In the area of economic rights, we have to remember that in Europe until the 19th century, women did not have the right to own their own property. When they were married, either it would transfer to the husband or she would not be able to dispense of it without permission of her husband. In Britain, perhaps the first country to give women some property rights, laws were passed in the 1860's known as "Married Women Property Act." More than 1300 years earlier, that right was clearly established in Islamic law.'

'At the time of marriage, it is the duty of the husband, not the bride's family. He is supposed to pay for a marital gift. The Quran called it a gift, and it is exclusively the right of the woman. She doesn't have to spend it on the household, she doesn't have to give it to her father or anyone else.'

'If the woman has any earnings during her marital life, by way of investments of her property or as a result of work, she doesn't have to spend one penny of that income on the household, it is entirely hers.'

You can find the rest here: http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/do_m...rights.php

Also, I was born and have lived my entire life in the UAE (Muslim country) in the Middle East. I went to the best schools and universities in the country, have worked at the one of the biggest companies in the world and I can go on and on but i have never felt oppressed or discriminated against. In fact, I feel respected. Whenever I need to get some papers done in the government offices, usually there would be a place for women to get their work done fast (so does the banks and other offices) but if there wasn't, the men standing in the row would let me pass them all to finish my papers as soon as possible. If some guy made an inappropriate comment and made me uncomfortable, I can easily go to any police officer and they would detain him based on my testimony. Sexual harassment is a huge offense here. I can go on and on with the examples.

With regards to hijab, some people might find it oppressive but it is not. I am not covered myself but I believe the hijab is modest and I envy the girls wearing it for their will and courage. What I am against is forcing it which does not happen anywhere in the Middle East except in Saudi Arabia.

I can give you examples all you want but Islam gave women their rights. On applying it to the rest of the world? Well, to each its own, no one can force anything upon anyone.
This post was last modified: 10-23-2015, 06:46 AM by Serendipity.

"Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless

10-23-2015, 07:56 AM #10
Gnostic Bishop
Marshall
(10-23-2015, 12:57 AM)Thunderian Wrote:  Was it a serious question?

Why on earth would the rest of the world adopt Islam's view of women?

If you listened to those links, you should have deduced that if we do not push back, we may not have a choice.

Regards
DL
The following 1 user Likes Gnostic Bishop's post:
  •