#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Exit Through The Gift Shop :)

10-17-2015, 03:19 PM #1
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Like street art? Banksy? ever wondered who he was? or how he can manipulate trends? Well I got news for you - he manipulated the guy who was documenting him and the documenter - became the documented... this is one crazy ass documnetary, one which I have been meaning to watch again. And now, I think I shall Smile

No spoilers save for what I gave you already Smile

Check it out:

Scimi
This post was last modified: 03-20-2016, 11:48 AM by Scimitar. Edit Reason: video replaced now

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 6 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Goku, Serendipity, Trenton, cameronjcw, Tarikko

10-17-2015, 08:07 PM #2
cameronjcw
Justiciar
(10-17-2015, 03:19 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  Like street art? Banksy? ever wondered who he was? or how he can manipulate trends? Well I got news for you - he manipulated the guy who was documenting him and the documenter - became the documented... this is one crazy ass documnetary, one which I have been meaning to watch again. And now, I think I shall Smile

Check it out:

Scimi

Think I seen this, if it wasn't this it was another one about him although I probably seen this too!!

Banksy is a fucking genius! lol Guy started out as a lowly street artist now hes the most well known street artist in the world, must have a few million in the bank at least by now!
The following 4 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, Goku, Scimitar

10-18-2015, 07:22 PM #3
Serendipity
Justiciar
Loved it! Thanks Scimi (:

"Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless
The following 3 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Tarikko

10-19-2015, 04:11 AM #4
Goku
Chaplain
(10-17-2015, 03:19 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  Like street art? Banksy? ever wondered who he was? or how he can manipulate trends? Well I got news for you - he manipulated the guy who was documenting him and the documenter - became the documented... this is one crazy ass documnetary, one which I have been meaning to watch again. And now, I think I shall Smile

Check it out:

Scimi

This guy deserves even more recognition than he already deserves - the way his mind works is so ingenious.

Dismaland was grotesquely creative as well.
The following 4 users Like Goku's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, cameronjcw, Tarikko

10-19-2015, 10:23 AM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Agreed. Banksy is a politically motivated artist who sees the ironies and double standards polarise within his creative bubble - and an artist cannot ever ignore that which manifests within his creative bubble - hence, his works reflect some of the most controversial nd thought provoking street art.

Genius, yes, because he was able to relay through his art, that which others wished they had the courage to say out loud. His art united many people of races together who would otherwise have no interest in street art - the message behind his art did all the work. take for example the apartheid wall stunt he pulled off in Israel. It made the world news. And interest in the Israel/Palestine conflict magnified as search engines struggled to cope with the influx of searches related to.

He understands controversy, remains unafraid of experimenting with it - whilst remaining quietly in the shadows - yes, Banksy is very much a puppeteer - for all the right reasons. MrBrainWash being just one small proof.

Scimi

EDIT: Social Engineering through Art - yes, it's genius.
This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 10:35 AM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 5 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw, Goku, Serendipity, Tarikko

12-12-2015, 06:38 AM #6
Serendipity
Justiciar