#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Armed Anti- Muslim Protest Day

10-13-2015, 02:43 PM #1
khadeejah
Chaplain
This happened last Saturday, I didn't hear anything about it in the news.
 My folks who  have Fox news on their TV all. the. time.  didn't know about these protests either ...... go figure. 

Many US Muslims are wary as armed anti-radical Islam protests were planned at over a dozen US mosques. Other Muslims see such protests as a rare opportunity to engage with skeptical Americans.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/201...r-dialogue 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...paign=1490

Funny how things have a way of turning out unlike the protesters would have planned.

The following 2 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko

10-13-2015, 02:50 PM #2
Serendipity
Justiciar
I love how things turned out with the woman. Most of the people are just not well-informed about the religion. Had it not been for the mainstream media, I do not think we would be in the mess we are right now.

I also liked the mosque's response to her protest, shows the true spirit of our religion Smile
The following 2 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko

10-13-2015, 02:54 PM #3
meltbanana
Chaplain
one obese american hugs one obese muslim. hardly a 'protest' or a 'rally'. if it wasn't so set up story to begin with. because how comes there were 'reporters' and so on. ridiculous.

10-13-2015, 02:55 PM #4
meltbanana
Chaplain
by the way - I should've written 'attempts to hug'. not enough arm lengths for so much fat.

10-13-2015, 03:00 PM #5
Serendipity
Justiciar
(10-13-2015, 02:54 PM)meltbanana Wrote:  one obese american hugs one obese muslim. hardly a 'protest' or a 'rally'. if it wasn't so set up story to begin with. because how comes there were 'reporters' and so on. ridiculous.

I find it hard to believe that you actually think before you write. How come in every post you attempt to insult someone?
The following 3 users Like Serendipity's post:
  • Scimitar, Goku, Tarikko

10-13-2015, 03:04 PM #6
khadeejah
Chaplain
(10-13-2015, 03:00 PM)Serendipity Wrote:  
(10-13-2015, 02:54 PM)meltbanana Wrote:  one obese american hugs one obese muslim. hardly a 'protest' or a 'rally'. if it wasn't so set up story to begin with. because how comes there were 'reporters' and so on. ridiculous.

I find it hard to believe that you actually think before you write. How come in every post you attempt to insult someone?

He hates everyone and everything - except ganja. right MB?

The following 2 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko

10-13-2015, 03:08 PM #7
meltbanana
Chaplain
(10-13-2015, 03:00 PM)Serendipity Wrote:  

insult? aren't those two on the photos fat as f? maybe I have to adjust my screen then.

10-16-2015, 08:40 AM #8
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(10-13-2015, 02:43 PM)khadeejah Wrote:  This happened last Saturday, I didn't hear anything about it in the news.
 My folks who  have Fox news on their TV all. the. time.  didn't know about these protests either ...... go figure. 

Many US Muslims are wary as armed anti-radical Islam protests were planned at over a dozen US mosques. Other Muslims see such protests as a rare opportunity to engage with skeptical Americans.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/201...r-dialogue 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...paign=1490

Funny how things have a way of turning out unlike the protesters would have planned.

Amazing... American ISIS? Big Grin What's the difference between the ISIS idiots and these Americans? Big Grin NOTHING.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Serendipity, Goku, Loki, Tarikko

10-16-2015, 09:07 AM #9
Loki
Chaplain
It's somewhat surprising your family didn't hear about anti-Muslim protests while watching FOX News, seems like their bread and butter. Of course as soon as anything resembling acceptance and understanding broke out they would cut away surely.

My aunt recently bought a pistol for protection, specifically (according to my cousin) because she was afraid of Muslim immigrants taking over the US. She's a loyal FOX News viewer of course.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 1 user Likes Loki's post:
  • Scimitar

10-16-2015, 09:16 AM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Woulda been cheaper to hang a sign on her front door reading "free samosa making lessons" - that will get her a bly Smile

Scimi

My "Christian Terrorist" thread was locked Big Grin this woulda sat well in there.
This post was last modified: 10-16-2015, 09:38 AM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko