#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
When you can't trust yourself.

10-09-2015, 11:45 AM #1
Briandao
Chaplain
Yesterday, as usual on Thursdays, I went to the gym after work. 

When I was done, I exited the gym's main entrance. The next thing I know, I'm almost home since my bus is getting close to my station. 

In between that, I can't remember anything. It was just pitch black for over 45 minutes. I don't remember sitting on the bus, walking to the bus or anything else. 

It freaks me out, and I wonder if any of you guys have experienced similar things or have some other kind of experience like this?

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 2 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

10-09-2015, 12:48 PM #2
Riddler
Chaplain
(10-09-2015, 11:45 AM)Briandao Wrote:  Yesterday, as usual on Thursdays, I went to the gym after work. 

When I was done, I exited the gym's main entrance. The next thing I know, I'm almost home since my bus is getting close to my station. 

In between that, I can't remember anything. It was just pitch black for over 45 minutes. I don't remember sitting on the bus, walking to the bus or anything else. 

It freaks me out, and I wonder if any of you guys have experienced similar things or have some other kind of experience like this?

Only once, and oddly enough, it was after gym aswell.
Side note in my case i was 16 and stupid.
For me, i went to the gym like a madman train my *ss off till i can't no more and afterwards,
i went to the lounge area of the gym, sat at the bar and ordered myself a nice cold glass of fresh beer
freshly tapped (how u say that in english?). Stupidest thing of the world, serving fresh beer in a gym,
and even more stupid of me to actually go and have it 'coz it kinda undoes all the work i did before.

anyway, i did that regularly but i guess once, i just took a couple too many. All i remembered was that
i went to the gym, did my workout, had a couple of cold ones, went to my motorcycle, and somehow
drove home and waking up the next day not remembering what happened after i left the gym and untill then.

i decided to never drink too much and drive ever again, and have been doing ever since.

now to the point that i think might hit te sweet spot.
It probably wasn't the alcohol at all that had me blank.

Thing is, your body needs nutrients. When you go work out, amino acids are probably the most important ones.
Your body gets amino acids from the stuff you eat or consume. I had a time that i went to the gym like a beast,
never did no cheating like steroids or stuff like that but i did take 1 thing: amino acid pills. It's rather a 100% natural product as it's the same stuff you find in for example chicken.

For me, it helped a lot to give the body enough nutrients/materials to be able to work out, and for having enough supply of the nutrients/building materials after working out. The body NEEDS nutrients work, especially after workouts, so it must take it from somewhere.
Something to grasp: muscle pains due to 'too much' work at the gym is not normal and not a healthy thing. it does not mean you worked too hard or did too much. all it means is that your body doesn't have enough 'ingredients' to repair the damage done to the muscles (after all, building muscles is about tearing them on the muscle fiber level so they can heal themselves and get thicker and stronger). Muscle pain thus is not a good thing or a sign you did too much;
it's a sign you haven't had or don't have enough nutrietns/ingredients.
The result is that you lost energy and work at the gym because you don't have enough nutrients. that means if you had enough nutrients, you would have a better result. so there are 2 ways to overcome this problem:
1 - work out less / 2 - have more nutrients

so what happens is when you don't have enough supply of nutrients, like amino acids, you get a problem: the body still needs it. you don't have it, but it absolutely needs it. so the body is going to get it from something, somehow.
this can - in some cases - result in that your muscles are going to empty all the amount of supply you were carrying with you, which ultimately results in the problem that your brain is suddenly finding itself without those nutrients and that will have consequences.

so if you ask me, i would say you have overdone it regarding work and physical demand and nutrient supply,
resulting in a lack of materials the brain needs to fully operate at it's desired levels resulting in a lower state of
mental or concious activity, in other words, black out/memory fade.

lesson learned: take more building blocks. eat more chicken, rice, food with nutrients. or take healthy and natural supplies.
This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 12:54 PM by Riddler.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 2 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Briandao

10-09-2015, 01:17 PM #3
Briandao
Chaplain
(10-09-2015, 12:48 PM)Riddler Wrote:  
(10-09-2015, 11:45 AM)Briandao Wrote:  Yesterday, as usual on Thursdays, I went to the gym after work. 

For me, i went to the gym like a madman train my *ss off till i can't no more and afterwards,
i went to the lounge area of the gym, sat at the bar and ordered myself a nice cold glass of fresh beer
freshly tapped (how u say that in english?). Stupidest thing of the world, serving fresh beer in a gym,
and even more stupid of me to actually go and have it 'coz it kinda undoes all the work i did before.

anyway, i did that regularly but i guess once, i just took a couple too many. All i remembered was that
i went to the gym, did my workout, had a couple of cold ones, went to my motorcycle, and somehow
drove home and waking up the next day not remembering what happened after i left the gym and untill then.

i decided to never drink too much and drive ever again, and have been doing ever since.

Thing is, your body needs nutrients. When you go work out, amino acids are probably the most important ones.
Your body gets amino acids from the stuff you eat or consume. I had a time that i went to the gym like a beast,
never did no cheating like steroids or stuff like that but i did take 1 thing: amino acid pills. It's rather a 100% natural product as it's the same stuff you find in for example chicken.

For me, it helped a lot to give the body enough nutrients/materials to be able to work out, and for having enough supply of the nutrients/building materials after working out. The body NEEDS nutrients work, especially after workouts, so it must take it from somewhere.
Something to grasp: muscle pains due to 'too much' work at the gym is not normal and not a healthy thing. it does not mean you worked too hard or did too much. all it means is that your body doesn't have enough 'ingredients' to repair the damage done to the muscles (after all, building muscles is about tearing them on the muscle fiber level so they can heal themselves and get thicker and stronger). Muscle pain thus is not a good thing or a sign you did too much;
The result is that you lost energy and work at the gym because you don't have enough nutrients. that means if you had enough nutrients, you would have a better result. so there are 2 ways to overcome this problem:

so what happens is when you don't have enough supply of nutrients, like amino acids, you get a problem: the body still needs it. you don't have it, but it absolutely needs it. so the body is going to get it from something, somehow.
this can - in some cases - result in that your muscles are going to empty all the amount of supply you were carrying with you, which ultimately results in the problem that your brain is suddenly finding itself without those nutrients and that will have consequences.

so if you ask me, i would say you have overdone it regarding work and physical demand and nutrient supply,
resulting in a lack of materials the brain needs to fully operate at it's desired levels resulting in a lower state of

lesson learned: take more building blocks. eat more chicken, rice, food with nutrients. or take healthy and natural supplies.

Great piece of advice, but I eat a lot of chicken and rice. That's probably the food I eat the most. 

And as far as the workout goes, I didn't work out very hard. I was on the crosstrainer for about 50 minutes, and I felt that I wasn't tired at all and barely sweating :-S

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 1 user Likes Briandao's post:
  • Trenton

10-09-2015, 01:31 PM #4
Riddler
Chaplain
(10-09-2015, 01:17 PM)Briandao Wrote:  

Great piece of advice, but I eat a lot of chicken and rice. That's probably the food I eat the most. 

And as far as the workout goes, I didn't work out very hard. I was on the crosstrainer for about 50 minutes, and I felt that I wasn't tired at all and barely sweating :-S

With all due respect, 50 minutes on the crosstrainer is not a 'not very hard workout'. Allthough that offcourse depends on the intensity with which you trained.

If there were no signs of fatigue and you haven't had a very stressfull week with too much work (especially physically) and too little food and sleep, then i recommand you make an appointment with the doctor real soon.
not to make you panic, but if there's no clear and understandable cause to your blackout, then there could be a potential cause physically that might need attention. how is your blood pressure? heart rythm? cholesterol levels?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
The following 3 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Briandao, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

10-09-2015, 01:34 PM #5
Briandao
Chaplain
(10-09-2015, 01:31 PM)Riddler Wrote:  
(10-09-2015, 01:17 PM)Briandao Wrote:  

With all due respect, 50 minutes on the crosstrainer is not a 'not very hard workout'. Allthough that offcourse depends on the intensity with which you trained.

If there were no signs of fatigue and you haven't had a very stressfull week with too much work (especially physically) and too little food and sleep, then i recommand you make an appointment with the doctor real soon.
not to make you panic, but if there's no clear and understandable cause to your blackout, then there could be a potential cause physically that might need attention. how is your blood pressure? heart rythm? cholesterol levels?

They are all good, always have been. 

Well, I am quite stressed out and tired, but who isn't?

The following 2 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

10-09-2015, 02:11 PM #6
SheWatches
Justiciar
Honestly Briandao, if you haven't been to a doctor lately - please do so now.  Don't mess around. Undecided

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 6 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Vytas, cameronjcw, Riddler, Briandao

10-09-2015, 02:42 PM #7
Riddler
Chaplain
(10-09-2015, 02:11 PM)SheWatches Wrote:  Honestly Briandao, if you haven't been to a doctor lately - please do so now.  Don't mess around. Undecided

This.

There's a saying, and it's really true. Better be safe than sorry. And to be honest, from what i've read,
i'd say you've got damn good reason to make a doctor's appointment. And if it turns out everything
is a-ok and it was a one-time incident.....good! But rather just go. really.

------------
The following 4 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Briandao, Trenton, cameronjcw, SheWatches

10-09-2015, 03:42 PM #8
cameronjcw
Justiciar
Dammit I started writing a post about brain stuff, it sounds like you definitely need to get checked out to be sure. One thing I do know is that it seems with a lot of brain disorders or issues the way it affects you isn't always completely apparent to you just how much it affects you till after you have recovered from it or had some procedure that helps it or makes it better. When I had surgery almost straight away I realized just how much in a fog I had been for a long time, even longer than I realized!

Was watching a documentary about gigantism the other day and wow that is insane how a tiny tiny tumor in the pituitary gland can cause people to literally overnight start to change drastically!!

If you have missing bits of time or things happening you cant remember it does seem like an issue that could be brain related, the tiniest thing can wreak havoc on all sorts of things wrong in your body but these days its actually pretty amazing what can be done to help with brain problems. I didn't think they would be able to get into the pituitary gland to remove a tumor even though Ive heard of surgery using endoscopy but I had no idea that it could be used on the brain!

As Riddler says better safe than sorry definitely!! If you don't feel right trust your instinct and don't let yourself be palmed off with doctors!! Don't know how many times over the years I was palmed off, chronic headaches since the age of 11 and EDS since birth and its not like I never had any issues with either of these until recent years, they have both affected me for a huge part of my life before I even knew but over the years it was never picked up on and then when I finally realized myself I was told countless times not to be ridiculous, blaming it on me having psychological issues and saying all I need is a decent nights sleep, theres nothing wrong with me and I always knew there was something not right with me, never knew what it was but I knew there was something not right or normal.

I hope you get some answers and its nothing serious but definitely get checked out!
The following 1 user Likes cameronjcw's post:
  • Briandao

10-09-2015, 03:57 PM #9
Emerald
Chaplain

Parallel universe maybe?

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 2 users Like Emerald's post:
  • Briandao, Thy Unveiling

10-09-2015, 04:01 PM #10
Vytas
Justiciar
My father experienced similar symptoms before stroke...Not that long though, usually 4-5 minutes. Do you work hard? Do you sleep well? Food? As you are young, more conscious decisions how to live your life should be enough for now...
Didn't read other answers sorry if I sound repetitive...
This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 04:12 PM by Vytas. Edit Reason: Not insult , stroke, writed in my own language damn it

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 1 user Likes Vytas's post:
  • Briandao