#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
When Jesus returns: The Christian Perspective

10-07-2015, 07:27 PM #1
khadeejah
Chaplain
Peace forum people:

This thread is not for debate -  just sharing information.

Christians and Muslims both believe in the second coming of Jesus.

Muslims understand where it will happen and what will occur during the time that Jesus is on earth -  this is detailed for us in the ahadeeth (prophetic narrations). 

I would like to know the Christian perspective.  What do Christians understand about the second coming of Jesus Christ? I am asking for Christians to tell in their own words but please include references to Biblical verses or doctrinal  quotes. 

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful replies.

The following 1 user Likes khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko

10-07-2015, 07:44 PM #2
meltbanana
Chaplain
examples: Mark 13. Matthew 24.

10-07-2015, 08:51 PM #3
khadeejah
Chaplain
(10-07-2015, 07:44 PM)meltbanana Wrote:  examples: Mark 13. Matthew 24.

Yes I know the verses. I would  just like to hear from Christians in their own words how they understand it because I know there are various Christian views concerning it.  Thanks anyway.

The following 1 user Likes khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko

10-07-2015, 09:26 PM #4
Vytas
Justiciar
Christ comes after Armageddon to rule the earth.
There is thousands of articles and discussions about it on internet. Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib... Heated topic...

Truth is precious it's guarded by God

10-07-2015, 09:37 PM #5
meltbanana
Chaplain
next up: chaos. worldwide. wars. famines. s**t after s**t. then the antichrist will do his thing. 42 months (rounded) of this time will represent the worst time in all of existence, past, present and future. at a certain point - and this includes what others might refer to as it being 'the rapture' - Jesus Christ will return. and he and his/God's angels will clean up and imprison some. then Jesus Christ will reign on this planet for a thousand years. then he will free the ones he previously imprisoned. then Jesus, God and their angels will clean up for good. from then on, everything will be super awesome. this is the compact description.
This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 09:38 PM by meltbanana.

10-08-2015, 12:13 AM #6
MissMiami
Marshall
We need more explanation of the islamist philosophy than this:

Quote:"Muslims understand where it will happen and what will occur during the time that Jesus is on earth -  this is detailed for us in the ahadeeth (prophetic narrations)."

For example, include the magdi, the location, why Jesus, why not the other prophet, what happens, and the whole story, et al., from both of your books and in your own words.
This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 12:14 AM by MissMiami. Edit Reason: Added " " quote marks
The following 1 user Likes MissMiami's post:
  • meltbanana

10-08-2015, 07:00 AM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Watch The Arrivals on you tube.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.