#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

The path we walk...

10-06-2015, 09:38 PM #1
Watching my dogs play out in the backyard tonight, a thought came to me. 

There is a bright light on each corner of my house to light up the backyard at night and a large spider has made a web in front of one. I think nature (as odd as it is that a man-made light is being utilized by the spider) is amazing at how things remain in a divine balance. What the misguided insects see as an appealing light becomes their last moment of life, only to be taken by the predator in wait.

Think about how often an insect or animal makes a careless choice and ends up being killed by another animal or some other force of nature? I take it as a reminder that we may not be so fortunate to recover from the next wrong step we take in life - and in our next dissolute scenario we may find ourselves in (God forbid) there may be some kind of predator implanted by nature (God) there to finish us off if we have run out of chances!

Even if someone reading this is not spiritual or religious, it's hard to deny natural selection so hopefully my little thought can help everyone to make better decisions in this life. Whatcha think?
The following 5 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Vytas, Goku, cameronjcw, Trenton, Thy Unveiling

10-06-2015, 09:54 PM #2
Thy Unveiling
I think it's amazing you got all introspective noticing all those spiderwebs. Spiders freak me out! I have made an uneasy truce with the ones in the guardrails outside my place. Tried clearing them out, but they weren't deterred. Strong winds and rain don't clear them out. They are resilient creepy bastards that I can't help but respect. So long as they stay outside. Inside? If I don't kill them, one of the cats will. I used to be less murderous. Then I started hearing horror stories and had a couple scary experiences myself.

As for the last moment and natural selection, not many people ever know when they're going to die. If they did, most would try to avoid it. But if something is meant to be, it will be. All roads wind up back to the same place kinda thing.

Sure, sometimes making healthier choices and all that could help prolong things. Or maybe one day while out for a jog you get run over by a drunk driver who got up on the sidewalk.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 3 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • cameronjcw, mrgrimm, Trenton

10-07-2015, 03:36 PM #3
having read 'the path we walk', this was the first thing on my mind

Quote:I walked the line, the line I choose,
I see the people in front of me
I climbed the wall, the wall of news,
I watched them show the tragedy.

If you were me, could you defend
the given rights to all of man?
Let's fuck the world with all it's trend
They say it's all about to end

the way I see it does not differ one bit from this.