#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
New Rule : Copy Pasta

10-06-2015, 10:41 AM #1
VC
Administrator
After a whopping 13-0 vote for the Copy Pasta rule, the rule is now officially instituted.

It goes as follows:

Quote:New threads cannot only consist of a text or a video that has been copied and pasted from another source. Thread creators must compose at least a few sentences where, in their own words, they explain the context of their quote or video along with a brief explanation of its relevancy. Offending posts will be locked.

Quotes should be clearly identified as quotes by placing them between quote tags

Code:
[quote] Like this. [/quote]

Please help me enforce this rule by reporting offending threads (NEW threads only, not existing ones).

Thank you for your feedback and I hope this will improve the overall quality of the forums.

The fact that you are not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
The following 10 users Like VC's post:
  • FlixKandish, Vulpes.rex, umphreak, cameronjcw, Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Loki, Riddler, khadeejah, Goku

10-06-2015, 11:42 AM #2
Riddler
Chaplain
(10-06-2015, 10:41 AM)VC Wrote:  After a whopping 13-0 vote for the Copy Pasta rule, the rule is now officially instituted.

It goes as follows:

Quote:New threads cannot only consist of a text or a video that has been copied and pasted from another source. Thread creators must compose at least a few sentences where, in their own words, they explain the context of their quote or video along with a brief explanation of its relevancy. Offending posts will be locked.

Quotes should be clearly identified as quotes by placing them between quote tags

Code:
[quote] Like this. [/quote]

Please help me enforce this rule by reporting offending threads (NEW threads only, not existing ones).

Thank you for your feedback and I hope this will improve the overall quality of the forums.

Highly grateful ! Cool

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 2 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Scimitar

10-06-2015, 01:46 PM #3
Scimitar
Grand Commander
badabing badaboom!!! Smile

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

10-06-2015, 02:32 PM #4
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Scimi, have you been at East Side Mario's recently? Tongue

VC, you're great Heart all the best to you and yours!

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job

10-06-2015, 08:12 PM #5
cameronjcw
Justiciar
Brilliant!! It would be great if some people could try and break up their paragraphs a little bit so they aren't so big!?

They don't have to be tiny but maybe 12 lines max(ish) per paragraph?

Not just for me but am sure plenty other users have problems reading walls of text too and lets face it its pointless doing it if less people are going to read it, kind of defeats the issue of posting the thread in the first place.

Am sure many other people do have issues with reading large blocks of text, especially off a computer screen. I tend to sort of phase out after a few sentences and don't realize that Ive been reading but not even really taking it in, maybe its something to do with my brain. It probably is tbh I have been sure I was lipreading for years before I even knew I was ill and before I started having issues with tinnitus and ear infections but am sure I also have auditory processing disorder, certain types of information just wont go in my head, its like it gets to my ear and I hear it but it doesn't fully reach my brain unless I really sit and think about what I just heard or if am reading stuff and I know fine well what it says and what it means but its like a mental block.

Anyway kudos to VC and most people on here for making it such a great place, hopefully anybody who does post large posts and stuff will take their time and make it a bit more user friendly for everybody. I don't think it was even what was being posted just the way it was being posted that was the problem but it seems to have calmed down a good bit and its nice to feel like you are interacting with another person rather than being bombarded by the dreaded wall of text RB lol Wink

I do this myself from time to time, try not to, on here at least anyway!

I think I am probably gonna have to start using bigger text anyway lol
The following 2 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Scimitar, Thy Unveiling

10-08-2015, 10:03 AM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(10-06-2015, 02:32 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Scimi, have you been at East Side Mario's recently? Tongue

VC, you're great Heart all the best to you and yours!

Soprano's Big Grin (kicking through Narco slowly atm)
This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 10:03 AM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling