#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Duggar sexual abuse

06-03-2015, 08:09 PM #1
Sib3riatiger
Squire
Anyone tuning in to hear the Duggars try to save face? Theyll be on fox (surprise) amd one of Josh's victims,get this, tells people it's wasnt a big deal. If that's not sick I'm not sure what is.

06-03-2015, 08:16 PM #2
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
Excuse me, but the fact that Josh Duggar basically rape his then-underage sisters is enough of a big deal to warrant him being locked under a prison.

06-03-2015, 08:31 PM #3
Sib3riatiger
Squire
(06-03-2015, 08:16 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  Excuse me, but the fact that Josh Duggar basically rape his then-underage sisters is enough of a big deal to warrant him being locked under a prison.

Unfortunately the statue ran out on the parents and Josh. From what I've seen, one of the victims was brainwashed into believing it was a mistake. Probably was told it was her fault. Sick family (cult).

06-04-2015, 12:33 AM #4
AmyO
Peasant
What Josh did was despicable & I'm doubting that the girls' needs were handled properly. What also enrages me is that the Duggars embarked into fame & fortune and into their television journey knowing that EVERYTHING will be revealed. It's the nature of the industry!
What a horrible, horrible way to represent Christianity!! Hipocracy.
It still appears that they are denying the magnitude of the situation & will continue to gain financially because of it.
I'm SURE there's a big buck book deal in there somewhere....hmmm...? speaking engagements...a movie?

06-04-2015, 02:14 AM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
There is no way the general public will continue to support this family. There can't be. Part of me thinks much of this sideshow was preplanned as first they started tarring momma Duggar with her gay bashing, then everything else started to unravel very quickly. Too quick to be coincidence. I'm surprised that none of the kids have been Outed as being GLBT yet. I guess the current issue is more news worthy than a gay or trans kid. Of course.

Idk maybe I'm just judgemental here, but i thought they were all a bit Off from the first time I saw them in People (before they got a TV show, cuz that wasn't mentioned) I don't care how religious a person is, this isn't the 70s, there is absolutely no reason to have that many kids. There just isn't. Its bad for the mothers physical well-being, its bad for the kids (most families with kids in the double digits experience some form of abuse or neglect. Not all families, but most), and its just plain irresponsible IMO. I don't agree with the Georgia Guidestones per se, but I do feel there's too many humans destroying the planet and society. IMO until we start living peacefully, respecting eachother and especially nature, we should limit how many pregnancies we, as women, have. Unless you're like Nadya Sulman or Kate who popped out 8 in one go. If you have 8 kids at once, why would you want to have more? I'd want a couple of nannys!

Why would anybody want 19 kids anyway???? Who in their right mind? How do you even find time to make whoopee? I think Duggar dad forced himself on the mom. She's probably MK herself, as are the kids. Honestly, religion deeming birth control as evil and God wanted them to have all those kids probably had very little to do with it.

Again, maybe I'm just being judgemental and ignorant. All I know is most busy moms go through a period of not wanting, or not having the time/energy to do the deed. Also usually if you're as religious as they try to portray themselves, lovemaking serves one purpose and its not to feel connected as man and wife. Or am i confusing the last fact with one specific religion?

06-04-2015, 09:09 AM #6
Sib3riatiger
Squire
(06-04-2015, 12:33 AM)AmyO Wrote:  
What Josh did was despicable & I'm doubting that the girls' needs were handled properly.  What also enrages me is that the Duggars embarked into fame & fortune and into their television journey knowing that EVERYTHING will be revealed. It's the nature of the industry!  
What a horrible, horrible way to represent Christianity!!  Hipocracy.
It still appears that they are denying the magnitude of the situation & will continue to gain financially because of it.
I'm SURE there's a big buck book deal in there somewhere....hmmm...?  speaking engagements...a movie?

I agree. This family is making the religion look like a bunch of kiddy diddlers and it's terrible that they get to hide behind a religion. 

(06-04-2015, 02:14 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  There is no way the general public will continue to support this family. There can't be. Part of me thinks much of this sideshow was preplanned as first they started tarring momma Duggar with her gay bashing, then everything else started to unravel very quickly. Too quick to be coincidence. I'm surprised that none of the kids have been Outed as being GLBT yet. I guess the current issue is more news worthy than a gay or trans kid. Of course.

Idk maybe I'm just judgemental here, but i thought they were all a bit Off from the first time I saw them in People (before they got a TV show, cuz that wasn't mentioned) I don't care how religious a person is, this isn't the 70s, there is absolutely no reason to have that many kids. There just isn't. Its bad for the mothers physical well-being, its bad for the kids (most families with kids in the double digits experience some form of abuse or neglect. Not all families, but most), and its just plain irresponsible IMO. I don't agree with the Georgia Guidestones per se, but I do feel there's too many humans destroying the planet and society. IMO until we start living peacefully, respecting eachother and especially nature, we should limit how many pregnancies we, as women, have. Unless you're like Nadya Sulman or Kate who popped out 8 in one go. If you have 8 kids at once, why would you want to have more? I'd want a couple of nannys!

Why would anybody want 19 kids anyway???? Who in their right mind? How do you even find time to make whoopee? I think Duggar dad forced himself on the mom. She's probably MK herself, as are the kids. Honestly, religion deeming birth control as evil and God wanted them to have all those kids probably had very little to do with it.

Again, maybe I'm just being judgemental and ignorant. All I know is most busy moms go through a period of not wanting, or not having the time/energy to do the deed. Also usually if you're as religious as they try to portray themselves, lovemaking serves one purpose and its not to feel connected as man and wife.  Or am i confusing the last fact with one specific religion?

You'd be surprised my friend. Check out Fox news comments on Facebook. Thousands of supporters, simply because "they media is trying to destroy Jesus". *dramatic eye roll* 

This "family" (and I use that word loosely) are money grubbing vultures who should fall off the face of the earth. Everything you said is true, they're not a religious family but in fact emulate very MK Ultra behaviours. Look at pictures of Michelle before she met Jim Bob. She had a normal religious life (and wore jeans!). Jim Bob obviously is everyone's handler. He is not father like at all. I dare you to watch an episode. He is the creepiest human being I've ever watched on television. 

They practice the blanket training method on their kids. This has also been confirmed because the kids state they've continuously have gotten beat with rods. This is why all 19 are so submissive, they were trained at birth to be. 

Their daughter Jana (to my understanding the only one alive at the time that didn't get molested by Josh) is still at home at 25. She's stated many times how badly she wants to go to the city and her mother brushes it off saying her daughter meant she wanted to move near Wal-Mart. She may be the key into this cult like family. They've sent her to reeducation camps, the same time Oprah was given the letter. This family is known for cover ups.

All in all the Duggars are the part of tv you never want to see. Their daughters are trained to believe their only purpose is to procreate. They're not allowed to leave the house unless they're married. They're not allowed to work or go to college or get a skill. They're there to please their husbands and that's it. Michelle had 3 miscarriages, I believe the last one (thank God) made her sterile. She's almost 50 still trying to have kids. All because daddy Jim said to. TLC needs to cancel them, but not before they show all the younger kids being taken away and Joshs kids too. It breaks my heart to see Jana suffer so much under the wrath of her handlers, excuse me, "PARENTS".

06-05-2015, 02:39 AM #7
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Wow am I glad I've never seen this show! Maybe the youngest kids should go live with Jana in the city. To a degree, I like the old school idea of the kids stay at home until they're married (or go off to college) but they should be allowed to get a job or education if they would like to. Where do the girls even meet prospective husbands? Walmart? Handpicked by daddy?

If they were so complacent of Josh's abuse, its gotta make you wonder what papa was doing to the kids.

And they demonized Kate plus 8 for being a control freak. At least she's just a...I can't think of a word to replace b***h. Having 8 kids though, I would be too. Tales from her nanny's paint her out to be difficult, demanding, ocd, but not abusive. Again, with a herd of children, you gotta be strict. Otherwise they'll take over very quickly and the house will be a wreck.

Back to the Duggars, does anyone else question just how many of those kids are actually Michelle's? I wouldn't put it past them for her to fake a pregnancy and hide her daughters then raise the child as her own. It happens. If Josh was accosting his siblings and dad is the handler, you know dad was probably doing it too. Like father, like son.

06-05-2015, 04:16 AM #8
maggiehiggings
Squire
im still wondering have they sold out yet.
i think so
there arent many signs right now, though that i can see
but they do deal with politics heavy.

06-05-2015, 09:10 AM #9
CountDracula
Marshall
I'm always suspicious of people who, are big, mainstream stars. I've seen people that ask "if they're so Christian why do they share a network with Honey Boo Boo, Long Island Medium, etc.?" I imagine many of the shows there go against their values so they do raise a good point, but you could also argue they don't watch TV and don't know what the channel shows, or they just want to spread the word of God to people who wouldn't usually get it.

I understand people say and do horrible things they'll regret for the rest of their lives, but I believe in second chances and think it's what you do afterwards that counts. Their way of trying to explain away the situation and make it seem like no big deal makes it seem like they're worried about their reputation. Those who are worried about their reputation generally aren't sorry about what happened; only sorry people found out about it. I think you have to feel genuine remorse before you get a second chance.

It all makes me think of this Bible passage: "For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops." Luke 12:2-3

06-11-2015, 03:48 AM #10
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
Consider this follow up report as the case of "the chickens coming home to roost":
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/10...lp00000592

Duggar Family Reportedly Under New Investigation By Arkansas Department Of Human Services

Josh Duggar recently confessed to molesting five minor girls when he was a teenager, and now In Touch reports the Duggar family is currently under investigation by the Arkansas Department of Human Services.

The magazine reports that on May 27, the Washington County Department of Human Services was called to investigate at the family's home. When the Duggars refused to cooperate, the DHS representative called 911 to request police assistance, explaining they were prevented from seeing the child they were concerned about, according to a transcript of the emergency call obtained by In Touch.

It's not clear what provoked the investigation since DHS records are not available to the public. "All child maltreatment investigations in Arkansas are confidential by law," DHS director of communications Amy Webb told In Touch, adding they could neither confirm nor deny they were involved with investigating any specific family.

This isn't the first time the Duggars have been uncooperative with the authorities or DHS. According to a 2006 police report, Jim Bob Duggar refused to bring his 18-year-old son Josh in to be interviewed by the police, and in 2007, Josh hired a lawyer and sued the DHS, but the contents of that lawsuit have been sealed.

Since In Touch first broke the story that Josh had been investigated for child molestation, his parents also admitted to keeping the matter from police, and in an interview with Megyn Kelly, they revealed he confessed to molesting his sisters three times before they got him any sort of "help." Additionally, Josh's sisters Jill and Jessa broke their silence and confirmed they were two of their brother's five victims.

TLC told The Huffington Post they had "no comment," while request for comment from the Duggars has yet to be returned.