#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Avengers: Age of Ultron

10-03-2015, 09:14 PM #1
nwNO!
Squire
I am watching Avengers: Age of Ultron and have noticed something that I find interesting. There appear to be references to the Bible and Jesus. Ultron's motive appears to be peace...at any cost. It seems to me that Ultron reminds me of what the coming antichrist will represent. Preaching peace but bringing destruction and
war. Being all knowing (with the full internet at his disposal) with advanced intelligence Any thoughts?

10-05-2015, 04:20 PM #2
Vulpes.rex
Knight
There was a great thread on here about it when the movie first came out. 

But yes, I saw it and immediately noticed that. Also a lot of transhumanism propoganda as well.

----------------------------------------------------
"Never let life kill your spark." 
Crown the Empire 

10-05-2015, 04:35 PM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Never heard of it. Are they fighting with Transformers? That's what I get from the name.

Seriously.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job

10-05-2015, 04:36 PM #4
nwNO!
Squire
(10-05-2015, 04:20 PM)Vulpes.rex Wrote:  There was a great thread on here about it when the movie first came out. 

But yes, I saw it and immediately noticed that. Also a lot of transhumanism propoganda as well.
Thanks for replying to my first post!

10-05-2015, 04:41 PM #5
nwNO!
Squire
(10-05-2015, 04:35 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Never heard of it. Are they fighting with Transformers? That's what I get from the name.

Seriously.

No its the 2nd Marvel, Avengers movie.

10-05-2015, 04:48 PM #6
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Ah, I thought it might be the Avengers team up with the Transformers to take down some mighty negatron named Ultron who's taken over the world, or trying to.

Hollywood, you're welcome for the crappy idea that's still better than many of yours Wink please pm me as to where you can wire me some money when the movie comes out. I'd be happy with $100g Tongue

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Vulpes.rex

10-06-2015, 03:26 PM #7
Isaiah53
Squire
In addition to the themes mentioned previously, when asked what his name is Vision's replies "I AM", which is the name of God Himself as revealed in the Bible.
The following 2 users Like Isaiah53's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, meltbanana

10-06-2015, 08:04 PM #8
Vulpes.rex
Knight
(10-06-2015, 03:26 PM)Isaiah53 Wrote:  In addition to the themes mentioned previously, when asked what his name is Vision's replies "I AM", which is the name of God Himself as revealed in the Bible.

He also referred to himself as the alpha and omega at another point, and said " upon this rock I will build my church." Straight from the Bible.

Crown the Empire 
The following 3 users Like Vulpes.rex's post:
  • meltbanana, Isaiah53, Thy Unveiling

10-07-2015, 01:34 PM #9
Isaiah53
Squire
(10-06-2015, 08:04 PM)Vulpes.rex Wrote:  
(10-06-2015, 03:26 PM)Isaiah53 Wrote:  In addition to the themes mentioned previously, when asked what his name is Vision's replies "I AM", which is the name of God Himself as revealed in the Bible.

He also referred to himself as the alpha and omega at another point, and said " upon this rock I will build my church." Straight from the Bible.

Ah, that's right. I remember noticing that while watching but had since forgotten. Thanks! Wasn't that Ultron quoting Jesus there though?
The following 2 users Like Isaiah53's post:
  • Vulpes.rex, Thy Unveiling

10-09-2015, 05:38 AM #10
Vulpes.rex
Knight
(10-07-2015, 01:34 PM)Isaiah53 Wrote:  
(10-06-2015, 08:04 PM)Vulpes.rex Wrote:  

Ah, that's right. I remember noticing that while watching but had since forgotten. Thanks! Wasn't that Ultron quoting Jesus there though?

Correct. Matthew 16:18
Jesus was referring to Peter as "the rock," basically telling him he wanted him to be his successor. This is where the Papacy supposedly originated; Saint Peter being the first Pope. Interestingly enough "Petros" is Greek for a large rock, like a boulder.

Crown the Empire