#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What Era or Time and Place Would you Love to Travel to?

10-03-2015, 05:51 PM #1
Robert Baird
Justiciar
I just watched Owen Wilson in Midnight in Paris (I think it was).

He went to the era of The Charmed Circle (a title of one book of mine) which I would surely enjoy but I think you can still experience that here and now, if you want.

I would like to travel to the era of about 600 BCE in SE Asia as the red-heads and Ainu started having to leave their homeland, and went to places like Barabudur. I hope I can capture some of this when I move to Angkor Watt and check out a new archaeological dig - addressing Lingam and Yoni sexual deities.
This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 06:06 PM by Robert Baird.
The following 4 users Like Robert Baird's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko, The Creeper, That1kid

10-03-2015, 09:06 PM #2
Trenton
Justiciar
I would like to go back to the year 1500 AD I think. What with da Vinci and all that jazz.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 4 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

10-03-2015, 09:25 PM #3
nwNO!
Squire
1300AD and on. I would have love be able the see the Renaissance. Would be so cool. Especially because history never used to interest me....its funny how we change.
The following 4 users Like nwNO!'s post:
  • Scimitar, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

10-03-2015, 10:24 PM #4
Robert Baird
Justiciar
You certainly would get an education in those eras - just be careful of the Inquisitions and all that "jazz".
The following 4 users Like Robert Baird's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko, The Creeper, FlixKandish

10-03-2015, 10:38 PM #5
nwNO!
Squire
(10-03-2015, 10:24 PM)Robert Baird Wrote:  You certainly would get an education in those eras - just be careful of the Inquisitions and all that "jazz".

Absolutely...Though I was referring to the art and culture of that time. The Inquisition was most certainly not of God. I'd definitely steer clear of the Medici...hahaha.
The following 3 users Like nwNO!'s post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko, The Creeper

10-03-2015, 10:42 PM #6
Robert Baird
Justiciar
You can see and get to know all that was good about the Renaissance without going to all the trouble - the Medicis were not so bad - the Borgia who married in to them - were truly bad as the recent mini-series showed.

The Louvre is one place you would probably love to spend a week. I only spent a day but it had a lasting effect on me.
This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 10:43 PM by Robert Baird.
The following 2 users Like Robert Baird's post:
  • Scimitar, nwNO!

10-03-2015, 10:48 PM #7
nwNO!
Squire
I would spend an amazing amount of time there....if money wasn't an issue, lol quote='Robert Baird' pid='25936' dateline='1443926552']
You can see and get to know all that was good about the Renaissance without going to all the trouble - the Medicis were not so bad - the Borgia who married in to them - were truly bad as the recent mini-series showed.

The Louvre is one place you would probably love to spend a week. I only spent a day but it had a lasting effect on me.
[/quote]
The following 2 users Like nwNO!'s post:
  • Scimitar, Robert Baird

10-03-2015, 11:07 PM #8
Robert Baird
Justiciar
There are lesser and good museums elsewhere but I do hope you get to the Louvre.

BTW - I should not have branded all Borgias as bad. They are one family I have little to go on but suspicions as to who they were in the centuries before Rodrigo and Lucretia. They might have had some good reasons for getting back at society like the Chinese do today.
This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 11:08 PM by Robert Baird.

10-03-2015, 11:29 PM #9
That1kid
Marshall
So many places where I would like to go. One of my top eras would be when Jesus Christ was preaching the word and the apostles preaching the good news, the Gospel. Another time I would like to be in, would be after the war for Independence, America's Independence. And finally, the 1950's, 60's and 70's. When gas was about 5 cents to 25 cents a gallon. I'll be tapping my feet pumping my gas while listening to some Frank Sinatra. lol

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."
The following 4 users Like That1kid's post:
  • Scimitar, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

10-04-2015, 01:03 AM #10
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Late Roman republic so I could see the architecture, gardens, colluseum, temples, roads, and plumbing. 
Then I would like to meet either Julius Caesar or Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
But, I wouldn't really wanna be a Proletariat xD
The following 3 users Like FlixKandish's post:
  • Scimitar, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling