#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
JEFF BUCKLEY

10-02-2015, 12:03 AM #1
storyboutacurl
Squire
Hey Ya'll,
New here to the site just wanted to know if anyone on here has looked into Jeff Buckley's strange death? Maybe VC could do a piece on him. He was quite an artist!
The following 2 users Like storyboutacurl's post:
  • Blodfleur, Cookie_Monster

10-04-2015, 09:38 AM #2
Cookie_Monster
Knight
(10-02-2015, 12:03 AM)storyboutacurl Wrote:   Maybe VC could do a piece on him. He was quite an artist!
I agree, Jeff's is one of the most mysterious stories in entertainment business.

10-07-2015, 04:28 AM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Never heard of him. Who is he?

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job

10-07-2015, 07:14 AM #4
The Creeper
Chaplain
(10-07-2015, 04:28 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Never heard of him. Who is he?

This is the song most people knew him for. Beautiful song. I can play it, but not as well as Jeff Buckley could.

He died in 1997 at the age of 31. He drowned and apparently wasn't drunk, on drugs or suicidal, it was just an unfortunate accident.

I know about the guy but I have never really researched how he died in any kind of depth.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Trenton, storyboutacurl, Thy Unveiling, Goku

10-07-2015, 10:12 AM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Thank you, Creeper Smile

I'm sure you're quite beautiful on the guitar and with your singing Wink

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job

10-07-2015, 01:09 PM #6
DiscoStu
Marshall
His father was Tim Buckley, a musician with a following but not major commercial success. Tim also died young; he overshot the 27 Club by a few months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Buckley

Quote:On June 28, 1975, Buckley completed the last show of a tour in Dallas, Texas, playing to a sold-out crowd of 1,800 people. Buckley celebrated the culmination of the tour with a weekend of drinking with his band and friends, as was his normal routine. On the evening of June 29, 1975, Buckley accompanied long-time friend Richard Keeling back to his house. What happened next is unclear, but at some point Keeling produced a bag of heroin, which Buckley ingested.
Buckley's reaction to the heroin put him in such a bad condition that friends took him home. Upon his return, his wife Judy, seeing his inebriated state, laid him on the living-room floor and questioned his friends as to what had happened. Judy then moved Buckley into bed. Checking on him later, she found he had turned blue and was no longer breathing. Attempts by friends and paramedics to revive him were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The coroner's report stated that Buckley died at 9:42pm on June 29, 1975, from "acute heroin/morphine and ethanol intoxication due to inhalation and ingestion of overdose".
The following 3 users Like DiscoStu's post:
  • Trenton, Cookie_Monster, storyboutacurl

10-08-2015, 06:29 AM #7
Cookie_Monster
Knight
I agree, with Tim as well we have the same strange and unexplained, illogical chain of events, as with Jeff. A number of bio novels (Dream Brothers by David Browne, or A Pure Drop by Jeff Apter) do not elucidate it either, although doing their best. I used to listen to Jeff mostly, but I admire Tim's fearlessness in standing for his opinions and challenging the 'rules'. Both men, who have met just once when Jeff was just 8 years old, and Tim died just a couple of months after that meeting, had the similar subtle but also adamant manner of defying the stiffening boundaries, both in talk shows and in live concerts. I can't believe how very much forgotten and 'under the rug swept' both their lives are. 'And I feel them drown my name', as in Jeff's song you posted, Creeper.
This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 06:41 AM by Cookie_Monster.
The following 1 user Likes Cookie_Monster's post:
  • storyboutacurl