#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Rate people you know with new app

10-01-2015, 08:04 PM #1
Rate people you know with new app

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 2 users Like sPEktrall's post:
  • Vytas, That1kid

10-02-2015, 12:20 AM #2
Sorry but I don't wanna click on a Fox News YT vid if it's gonna give them clicks. 

Anyways if the app is as basic as the title suggests, it's like FTJ all over again lol.

10-02-2015, 03:41 AM #3
A Yelp for humans is pretty accurate. At the same time though, imagine the damage it could to do to people on a massive scale. An unstable person or someone that has anxiety or depression may not take this too well. We as humans have done some bad decisions in our lives that we wish we can change and some people like to say, "I live my life with no regrets", how that statement itself seems so prideful. But, what's in the past is in the past, and yes, though there are things I wish I could take back, something tells me to accept what happened because I believe everything happens for a reason. I believe God has a plan for everything.Getting back to the effect this may have on people in all walks of life, I believe this will cause in uproar within the first month of release. I can already see it now. The typical ex girlfriend or ex boyfriend topics and even in the professional world, people could lose jobs over this. People have already lost jobs because of Facebook. Also let's not forget that this is a perfect platform for bullying as well. There's just so many things that this app could do to someone's life.
This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 03:42 AM by That1kid.

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."
The following 1 user Likes That1kid's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

10-02-2015, 01:10 PM #4
In a world driven by likes and ratings, the "Peeple" app will fit right in. If your teen wasn't already obcessed with "likes" and "friends," imagine how bad it will be now. Imagine the "bullying" that will go on, or maybe you were up for a promotion, but hr looked up your bio and discovered you smoked, and sometimes used foul language. Seems like a HUGE invasion of privacy, especially since (as of right now,) you don't have the option to opt out.
The following 3 users Like MaryJane's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Vytas, That1kid

10-04-2015, 07:15 AM #5
I don't think this is a very good idea. It will cause so much drama. I've been called every rude word you can think of so I don't really care what people have to say about me. I can handle it and it doesn't even faze me anymore. But someone more sensitive might not be able to and may kill themselves because of it. Or someone could get angry about something someone else put and try to kill them. I don't see any good coming out of it.

There is a website called "Rate My Teachers" or something like that and I did find it amusing to see the nasty remarks people put for teachers I didn't like. People could be brutal on there and I admit it did sometimes make me laugh. But in that profession you should expect positive and negative feedback. You can review someone's work, but not their entire existence.
The following 2 users Like CountDracula's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw

10-04-2015, 07:53 AM #6
Peeple or sheeple? Big Grin They really want you to be obsessed with your ego... That is very fast way to produce idiots...

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 2 users Like Vytas's post:
  • meltbanana, cameronjcw

10-04-2015, 08:02 AM #7
Great, especially if your prospect for a new job depends on it much like a linkedin account already does.

I've got Aspergers syndrome, so I never have many people who ''like'' me. I'm old enough to not care much about that, but I feel for my younger peers. I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore.

Even though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear not for you are with me

Believe in God, do not kill but promote peace, do not take that which isn't yours, do not follow your lusts, be honest in your words and deeds, and do not take substances that cloud the mind. Do all these and you will be lead on the straight path.  Everyone who lives by this is my brother. Heart

The following 2 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, MaryJane

10-04-2015, 08:04 AM #8
(10-04-2015, 07:53 AM)Vytas Wrote:  Peeple or sheeple?  Big Grin  They really want you to be obsessed  with your ego... That is very fast way to produce idiots...

As if there aren't enough already!!? This is the kind of social media crap I absolutely hate and you are right it is about creating more self obsession in all people not just children, its so superficial and pathetic. This is the kind of thing that makes me think of Idiocracy lol

Everytime I hear anybody mention gatorade all I hear in my head is "its what plants crave!"

lol we are doomed!! Death by overinflated ego is the next epidemic!
The following 3 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, MaryJane, Vytas