#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Respect

10-01-2015, 03:45 AM #1
Vytas
Justiciar
When you cross the line and respect someone? Is it by definition older people? Do you respect pure force coming from powerful personality? Knowledge and intellect is often respected too, when it comes from personality who knows how to present himself, or push right buttons in other people. Ability not to lose argument I noticed is always respected too here, not the truth we are interested in, it's how product is presented, fancy ones wins, and the truth ? Who cares ? We got our popcorn and entertainment...I noticed Muslims know this, they say "well for the neutral reader it is clear now where truth is", they started argument for neutral reader in first place, that is also basics of humans mind control...Like surveys which form opinion and etc. Dirty game...Anyway who you respect and why? you choose or you just feel it?

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 3 users Like Vytas's post:
  • Scimitar, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

10-01-2015, 05:36 AM #2
The Creeper
Chaplain
You got to give respect to get respect.

We all deserve to be treated with respect and this is actually mentioned in the forum rules. As long as we recognise that all of us are individuals, with our own experiences, thoughts, feelings and beliefs and we treat each other fairly and with kindness, that is all it takes. If we overstep the mark (and we are all human, this will happen from time to time) we can always apologise and just agree to disagree. Let the haters hate, we have better ways to deal with things.
This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 05:37 AM by The Creeper.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 9 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • SheWatches, MaryJane, Vytas, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, Kung Fu, Trenton, Scimitar, Goku

10-01-2015, 07:12 AM #3
meltbanana
Chaplain
I respect anyone (currently, most likely less than ten from my pov) who 'always' tries to be what is commonly (and falsely) referred to as 'being a good person'. I also respect anyone (also less than ten) who is not afraid of being ashamed. I also respect anybody (in this moment, less than five, I guess) who is not a coward.
The following 3 users Like meltbanana's post:
  • SheWatches, The Creeper, Trenton

10-01-2015, 07:50 AM #4
Goku
Chaplain
I choose to give/show everyone respect until shown otherwise.

I'm not a 'give to receive' kind of guy.

Gifts are always appreciated though Smile
This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 07:51 AM by Goku.
The following 8 users Like Goku's post:
  • SheWatches, Annonymous Damsel, Vytas, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Tarikko, Trenton

10-01-2015, 08:38 AM #5
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Respect is earned. I always tend to respect those that hold true to their beliefs in a well and civilized manner.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 6 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • SheWatches, Vytas, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, justjess

10-01-2015, 08:42 AM #6
justjess
Chaplain
I actually agree with Kung fu.. Respect is earned. I will treat people respectfully until they give me a reason not to, but to actually respect them they have to earn that
The following 8 users Like justjess's post:
  • SheWatches, Vytas, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, meltbanana, Kung Fu, Tarikko

10-01-2015, 08:48 AM #7
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(10-01-2015, 08:42 AM)justjess Wrote:  I actually agree with Kung fu.

You make it sound like we never agree Tongue

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 5 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Tarikko, justjess

10-01-2015, 09:14 AM #8
justjess
Chaplain
It's a rare phenomenon lol
The following 5 users Like justjess's post:
  • The Creeper, Kung Fu, Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Tarikko

10-01-2015, 09:15 AM #9
meltbanana
Chaplain
(10-01-2015, 08:38 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  in a well and civilized manner.

uhm - uh - oh - sss - y---es. I'm not hiding some of my own previous posts, but I guess there must be two Kung Fus on this forum then. -_^

10-01-2015, 09:49 AM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander

Big Grin

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post: