#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What King James believed

10-01-2015, 12:22 AM #1
Robert Baird
Justiciar
What King James believed

We know for a certainty that King James I of England who was telling his scribes what g-d meant (If you believe the scripture in the Bible is God given.) had eight of them killed when they refused to do what he asked. This and what follows means he believed in Satan. Is that worship or giving energy to said myth or meme. Beyond that we know he feared witches and pursued any person he thought might be a witch and had them killed. Perhaps thousands died at his hand or command. No doubt this is a familiar (Has a meaning to witches) condition or friend of that g-d who has wrought so much horror and torture far beyond burnings and inquisitions or crusades.

Did you know he was an author who wrote about demons - and therefore thought they were real.

``Daemonologie — in full Daemonologie, In Forme of a Dialogie, Divided into three Bookes. By James Rx — was written and published in 1599[1] by King James VI of Scotland (later also James I of England). The book endorses the practice of witch hunting. James begins the book:

The fearefull aboundinge at this time in this countrie, of these detestable slaves of the Devil, the Witches or enchaunters, hath moved me (beloved reader) to dispatch in post, this following treatise of mine (...) to resolve the doubting (...) both that such assaults of Satan are most certainly practised, and that the instrument thereof merits most severely to be punished.``

The work is in the form of a dialogue between characters called "Philomathes" and "Epistemon".
In writing the book, King James was influenced by his personal involvement in the North Berwick witch trials (1590).``

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemonologie

Do normal people today have much to fear from similar believers in demons and witches.

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/threads...mes?p=3852
This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 12:25 AM by Robert Baird.