#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Top 10 Most Dangerous Coutries for Christains

09-29-2015, 10:30 PM #1
That1kid
Marshall
So weeks earlier I have been listening to some good preaching about the Bible and the preacher shared interesting events when he was in Peru. He was talking about, what it's like to be in prison in Peru. He said that if you were to go to prison in Peru, your chances of survival are very slim. You have to know someone from the outside that will bring you food everyday in order to survive. If you were a Christian in prison or jail, and a Christian brings you food or you were to be found out that you were a Christian, your life could be in danger or you also will be thrown into prison. The preacher also talked about a young man, not sure where exactly because I forgot but he mentioned a Christian boy dying because he wouldn't deny Jesus Christ. He saw this young boy die in a pool of blood because he would not renounce his faith in Jesus Christ. There was even a mention of a pastor somewhere in Africa saying something along the lines of, "we appreciate the food aid here but what we need more, is the Gospel!" In America, we have it so good here, we have everything that we need to survive and many freedoms that other countries do not have. Christians persecution is everywhere but some countries have it far worse than we do here in the States. So I thought to post this topic about the ten most dangerous countries for Christians. Mainly what was found for Christians in the Middle East have it the worst and it's mostly in Islamic nations.

Quote:Some think Christianity’s flawed past and modern emphasis on grace and forgiveness make it an easy (perhaps deserving) target for criticism, and even reverse discrimination. Scathing rhetoric is part of any healthy debate, but should it go so far as to turn a blind eye?

Christianity may have become one of the world’s predominant religions, but there are still many places where Christians are persecuted, dispossessed, tortured and even killed for their faith. Often this occurs as part of governmental or religious policy. Western media frequently under-report these incidents, fearing to offend cultural sensibilities. As a result, much of this news must be culled from secular human rights publications and religious watchdog groups. Submitted for your approval are the Top 10 Most Dangerous Countries for Christians, as ranked by the Open Doors World Watch List.

Top 10 Most Dangerous Countries for Christians

Guess which one is Number 1.

Here are links of persecution on Christians in other countries too.From Extreme to Sparse.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-p...atch-list/
This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 10:32 PM by That1kid.

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."
The following 2 users Like That1kid's post:
  • anne, meltbanana

09-30-2015, 01:14 AM #2
FlixKandish
Chaplain
List is from 2011. You have a more updated link?

09-30-2015, 01:46 AM #3
Trenton
Justiciar
I didn't know that about Peru, I will have to look into that.

Also, I'm not trying to be rude or anything at all. I just wondered, from Christian's perspective, how they are persecuted in the USA?

I hear this all day long but have never witnessed it. And not looking for examples like the sanctity of marriage or Kim Davis' arrest.

I'm speaking of exactly like what you described about Peru. Christian's being killed just for being a Christian or jailed for it alone.

I know in human history Christians have definitely been attacked and killed all the time. But in the last century or two in the USA I've heard of no such type of persecution.

I also realize that was not the point of your thread, but I'm honestly curious if there is something going on in my own country that I don't hear about in this area. You hear about lynchings and cops killing black folks or Muslims being attacked without any logical reasons and all sorts of stuff, but you never really hear about Christian's being killed or jailed.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • That1kid

09-30-2015, 02:02 AM #4
MissMiami
Marshall
(09-30-2015, 01:14 AM)FlixKandish Wrote:  List is from 2011. You have a more updated link?

The time frame for the 2015 World Watch List process starts beginning of July and extends till December (for release at end of year)
The following 1 user Likes MissMiami's post:
  • That1kid

09-30-2015, 02:04 AM #5
That1kid
Marshall
(09-30-2015, 01:14 AM)FlixKandish Wrote:  List is from 2011. You have a more updated link?

Forgot to mention that the updates are at the link listed at the end of the post.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-p...atch-list/

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."

09-30-2015, 02:49 AM #6
That1kid
Marshall
(09-30-2015, 01:46 AM)Trenton Wrote:  I didn't know that about Peru, I will have to look into that.

Also, I'm not trying to be rude or anything at all. I just wondered, from Christian's perspective, how they are persecuted in the USA?

I hear this all day long but have never witnessed it. And not looking for examples like the sanctity of marriage or Kim Davis' arrest.

I'm speaking of exactly like what you described about Peru. Christian's being killed just for being a Christian or jailed for it alone.

I know in human history Christians have definitely been attacked and killed all the time. But in the last century or two in the USA I've heard of no such type of persecution.

I also realize that was not the point of your thread, but I'm honestly curious if there is something going on in my own country that I don't hear about in this area. You hear about lynchings and cops killing black folks or Muslims being attacked without any logical reasons and all sorts of stuff, but you never really hear about Christian's being killed or jailed.

As far as I know, I haven't heard of a Christian being persecuted to the point where they are dead. Mostly when preachers go out and preach the Gospel, they are cursed at and sometimes physically attacked. I've seen this with many preachers. I did find an interesting story though about some Muslims and Christians traveling by ship to Italy, the Christians praying were thrown overboard and died from drowning.

Quote:What do you call it when 12 men are drowned at sea for praying to Jesus?
Answer: Religious persecution.
Yet, when a throng of Muslims threw a dozen Christians overboard a migrant ship traveling from Libya to Italy, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi missed the opportunity to label it as such. Standing next to President Obama at their joint news conference Friday, Renzi dismissed it as a one-off event and said, "The problem is not a problem of (a) clash of religions."
While the prime minister plunged his head into the sand, Italian authorities arrested and charged the Muslim migrants with "multiple aggravated murder motivated by religious hate," according to the BBC.

As Renzi was questioned about the incident, Obama was mute on the killings. He failed to interject any sense of outrage or even tepid concern for the targeting of Christians for their faith. If a Christian mob on a ship bound for Italy threw 12 Muslims to their death for praying to Allah, does anyone think the president would have been so disinterested? When three North Carolina Muslims were gunned down by a virulent atheist, Obama rightly spoke out against the horrifying killings. But he just can't seem to find any passion for the mass persecution of Middle Eastern Christians or the eradication of Christianity from its birthplace.

I know this isn't the question you asked exactly but our president, Obama, doesn't seem to really bat an eye when Christians are killed or persecuted. But when the recent story with Clock boy, the 14 year old that was mistaken for having a bomb, gets scholarships, gifts from Microsoft, and gets a invitation to the White House. And I personally feel he got all this attention and praise because he was a Muslim boy. Where is the outrage from Obama when a kid in an elementary school was suspended because he bit his pop tart shaped into a gun? Yes, I'm not kidding you. Anyways, I just feel that this is odd because he himself is in a form of Christian faith known as Protestantism. I found it odd too when he said "Children of God, including Christians" as if Christians aren't children of God to begin with. He said this when he was speaking with the Pope. You can find that link too below.

Quote:You remind us that people are only truly free when they can practice their faith freely.  (Applause.)  Here in the United States, we cherish religious liberty.  It was the basis for so much of what brought us together.  And here in the United States, we cherish our religious liberty, but around the world, at this very moment, children of God, including Christians, are targeted and even killed because of their faith.  Believers are prevented from gathering at their places of worship.  The faithful are imprisoned, and churches are destroyed.  So we stand with you in defense of religious freedom and interfaith dialogue, knowing that people everywhere must be able to live out their faith free from fear and free from intimidation.  (Applause.)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/examiner-rec...uspension/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/20.../26083829/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...stian.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off...l-ceremony
This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 02:52 AM by That1kid.

The following 3 users Like That1kid's post:
  • anne, Trenton, meltbanana

09-30-2015, 03:28 AM #7
Trenton
Justiciar
(09-30-2015, 02:49 AM)That1kid Wrote:  As far as I know, I haven't heard of a Christian being persecuted to the point where they are dead. Mostly when preachers go out and preach the Gospel, they are cursed at and sometimes physically attacked. I've seen this with many preachers.

I see some of this in my town. On Fridays and Saturdays downtown, many Christian protesters go down with signs that are quite mean, saying God hates gays or You're going to hell for being at the bar, stuff like that. But people mostly laugh at them or argue with those guys. And I agree, its not the best way to spread the Gospel by being hateful. Most of them are just wearing overalls and no shirt too, so they are barely approachable.

As for the pastors who go Downtown to actually preach, they are nice enough. And I always like picking up Chick Tracts and stuff when they leave them. But people will start angrily yelling at them too, even if the preacher is being reasonable.

(09-30-2015, 02:49 AM)That1kid Wrote:  I did find an interesting story though about some Muslims and Christians traveling by ship to Italy, the Christians praying were thrown overboard and died from drowning.

I know this isn't the question you asked exactly but our president, Obama, doesn't seem to really bat an eye when Christians are killed or persecuted. But when the recent story with Clock boy, the 14 year old that was mistaken for having a bomb, gets scholarships, gifts from Microsoft, and gets a invitation to the White House. And I personally feel he got all this attention and praise because he was a Muslim boy. Where is the outrage from Obama when a kid in an elementary school was suspended because he bit his pop tart shaped into a gun? Yes, I'm not kidding you.

Yeah that's pretty messed up. The President seems bias about many issues.
I felt the whole thing was very fishy in general. Considering the boys "clock" DID look like a bomb, like not a REAL bomb but like he did it as a joke or to garner attention on purpose. Just another fear tactic/social justice stunt for the MSM.

(09-30-2015, 02:49 AM)That1kid Wrote:  Anyways, I just feel that this is odd because he himself is in a form of Christian faith known as Protestantism. I found it odd too when he said "Children of God, including Christians" as if Christians aren't children of God to begin with. He said this when he was speaking with the Pope. You can find that link too below.

Whaaaat? including Christians?
I dunno what the hell he was meaning by that, but every person on this planet is a Child of God, no matter what you believe, so that statement was unnecessary.

I'm gonna check these links out. Thanks.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • anne, That1kid