#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Son, daughter of polygamous sect leader Warren Jeffs allege he sexually abused them

09-29-2015, 03:50 PM #1

"For the first time, two children of Warren Jeffs have alleged that the imprisoned leader of the polygamous Mormon sect sexually abused them as children.
Becky and Roy Jeffs, both adults, made the revelations to Lisa Ling on her upcoming CNN show "This is Life," which premieres Wednesday night. They both recently left the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints, or FLDS.
Becky told Ling that she first told one of her sisters, after her sister revealed she was abused as a child."

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 1 user Likes Emerald's post:
  • Trenton

09-29-2015, 06:45 PM #2
No surprise there. Glad they came out about it and left that cult.
The following 2 users Like MissMiami's post:
  • meltbanana, Trenton

09-29-2015, 10:30 PM #3
That's some crazy shit that FLDS. Fair enough if that's how adults choose how to live their lives and the cpl of families on some of the tv programs like sister wives are obviously consenting, don't necessarily agree with it but at least they seem fairly normal when you consider the Jeffs and other polygamist abusers like them, totally disgusting how they treat their... well everyone?? The children both boys and girls and their wives. I honestly don't know how anybody could stay in a situation like that but I guess Ive never been trapped in a situation like that although I was still in my family while my paedo uncle was still in and out of the family and I was stuck there and underage so couldn't get away from it so I guess maybe I can understand I mean my situation was nowhere near as bad as some of these people.

As adults though I cant understand why some of them do stay. I seen a lot of domestic abuse growing up and it was hell. I remember one time recording a fight that was going on when I was in primary school and was going to take it into my school and show my teacher because it was so upsetting seeing it and hearing it all the time so I wouldn't put up with anything like that especially with my daughter there!! I was in a relationship years ago that was starting to go that way, one time it happened, gave him one more chance although I dunno why tbh the second time it was about to kick off I just had enough and ended it and never went back to it and never would again or did with anybody else.

I guess some people just aren't mentally strong enough after being beat down and brainwashed for such a long time and its very different over here I think compared to the US in general but in places that are way out in the sticks I guess where could you go. Totally messed up! Am so glad the UK isn't as overly laden with all these bible belt kind of places and things like the KKK although we have our own bad or dodgy areas but I guess its just culture thats a world away for many of us!?
The following 2 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton