#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
GAME: Owning the Cats

09-27-2015, 11:48 PM #1
Scimitar
Grand Commander
in this game, you post a screen shot of your VC screen if you have posted in all the categories and your username dominates...

There is only one rule - you shouldn't aim to to do this on purpose, but only if you have genuine posts to throw in the threads.

I'll go first:

it's rare to "own it" but hey, if you do manage it, I'd like to know so do screen cap and post.

(winner gets a prize) Big Grin

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Glauben, Kung Fu, anne, Tarikko

09-28-2015, 07:34 AM #2
Tarikko
Chaplain
I thought this was a post about cat owners

I am in love with my cat, Himalayan Persian mix... so fluffy and loving Big Grin

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 8 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • xoa., Glauben, Trenton, cameronjcw, Smooch, Thy Unveiling, anne, Scimitar

09-28-2015, 09:16 AM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I love my cats too, T. Even the two I'm cat sitting, though they've made it easier to say goodbye when their human takes them back. The one keeps doing its business on the floor Confused

As for this game and the screenshot, it appears what you see is different on a computer vs my phone. I don't get to see who posted where last (or signatures.)

Also that sounds like a beautiful cat you have T. I used to have a white flame point himalayan/Persian cat.
This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 09:18 AM by Thy Unveiling.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 4 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, cameronjcw, Scimitar, Tarikko

09-28-2015, 09:25 AM #4
Tarikko
Chaplain
Hey TU Smile

I was never a cat person. I preferred dogs for their sheer loyalty

I always thought of cats as narcissistic creatures who don't show emotions.

I was so wrong.

After our chihuahua passed on, we decided no more dogs... They do make a mess and are high maintenance and the fact that I pray .. Dogs are awesome if you own a garden.

We went to the pet shop, and they had few cats.. My wife immediately fell in love with the cat we have now... She told me the eyes do not lie, and this one seems so gentle and loving. She was a month old kitten at the time.. can you imagine the cuteness..

Turns out to be a great decision. Now she just follows me everywhere, snuggles up to me and purrs.. and i find it so relaxing... You should see when I travel and come back how she "greets" me..

At first she is indifferent but later on, she comes and never leaves my sight.. it is like she is telling me I missed you.

She sleeps atop the bed btw, that's her spot

Let me note that she is SO clean and never does any toilet mistakes.

Salam Sis Smile
This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 09:26 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 4 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, cameronjcw, Scimitar

09-28-2015, 10:52 AM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I have a pet spider if that helps... he just kinda ended up in my room. And he catches the moths Big Grin my fear of moths is legendary lol

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 8 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • mani2368, Annonymous Damsel, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Tarikko, cameronjcw, Goku, Kung Fu

09-28-2015, 10:54 AM #6
Kung Fu
Chaplain
My wife has been bugging me to get a cat. Too much work to take care of one if you ask me.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, Scimitar

09-28-2015, 10:57 AM #7
novam terram
Justiciar
(09-27-2015, 11:48 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  İmage
The following 2 users Like novam terram's post:
  • Goku, Scimitar

09-28-2015, 11:29 AM #8
Scimitar
Grand Commander
cool pic Big Grin

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko

09-28-2015, 12:27 PM #9
cameronjcw
Justiciar
I have two cats Cookie and Sonny. Before them we had one cat which was our first cat called Lucifer, that was his name when we got him so didnt want to confuse him, he was about 9 when we got him and he live for about another 14 years after that, he died of old age here in the house with us. He was such a beautiful cat, always so gentle and would sit right up on your chest and put his paws around your neck. We still miss him so much, when he died we didn't want to get another cat again because we were so devastated but a cpl of weeks later the house was just too quiet so we decided to have a look and we ended up with Cookie, she was about 3 when we got her, shes such a lovely wee cat too, a bit tempramental sometimes but I think thats just the girl in her lol we got her from a breeder but Cookie was apparently an accident with a non pedigree cat but to us shes a wee princess, she was looked after but I think she was last in the pecking order having to compete with three other female pedigree cats one of which was her mother who apparently she didn't get on with but shes so happy here.... mostly until we got Sonny who is a total maniac of a cat lol we got him as a kitten, hes now coming up for 3 and is twice the size of Cookie and is insane, hes just so big and runs about like a maniac, hes been neutered but sometimes he still goes a bit mad and tries to have sex with poor Cookie but shes gives as good as she gets and gives him a few swipes now and then, they mostly do get on though they will stand and eat next to each other and even sit close to one another on the same couch even though there are plenty other places to sit so yeah they have a bit of a love hate relationship lol I think they both like each other but Sonnys too hyper and mental for Cookie and Cookies such a wee princess lol but yeah love our cats. The more cat you get the more you want definitely. Sonnys a black cat although hes a ginger tabby underneath the black lol its like hes tried to cover up the fact hes a ginger with hairdye but you can still see it in the sun lol and Cookies a black and white sort of tuxedo her black bits are actually really dark brown kinda gingery tinge in the sun lol xx
The following 5 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • cookie, Cheers, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, Scimitar

11-29-2015, 09:15 AM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Gratz, Riddler did it too:

Cool

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.