#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Maze Runner

09-26-2015, 05:17 PM #1
Briandao
Chaplain
So, I just finished watching the first "The Maze Runner" movies.

It was... quite disturbing. If anyone have seen the sequel, I don't want to know anything about it since I haven't seen it.

But what's your thoughts about the first one from a "conspiracy" point of view?

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 3 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Tarikko, Smooch, anne

09-26-2015, 05:37 PM #2
cameronjcw
Justiciar
(09-26-2015, 05:17 PM)Briandao Wrote:  So, I just finished watching the first "The Maze Runner" movies.

It was... quite disturbing. If anyone have seen the sequel, I don't want to know anything about it since I haven't seen it.

Hell yeah I just watched that the other night, it was quite disturbing eh! The end was a bit of a shocker too. I was trying to find a copy of the second one straight after, there are some but they are all crap so far, as soon as I find one am watching it.

Not sure what to make of it exactly from a conspiracy point of view but again it made me think about the possibility that we are living in a simulation! but maybe we are a simulation within a simulation within a simulation and we are very very near the bottom of it all technologically. I don't think there's anything outside this reality because we are just a simulation created by others who are more advanced than us, for what reasons am not entirely sure, maybe its purely for their entertainment the same way we do when we play sim type games. We have computer code in our DNA, we may have free will but its within the constraints of physics, there are limits to everything in our universe I don't think anything is infinite except maybe our own stupidity!

We cant get out, this is hotel california!
The following 2 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • anne, Briandao

09-27-2015, 01:36 AM #3
anne
Justiciar
(09-26-2015, 05:17 PM)Briandao Wrote:  So, I just finished watching the first "The Maze Runner" movies.

Hey, you made this thread , thanks.
I watched the first one and i think it was indicative of the end times, you know how the woman kept saying "Wicked is good", and how they justified murder, and all that.
And not to mention they were treated like lab rats.
The following 3 users Like anne's post:
  • cameronjcw, meltbanana, Briandao

09-27-2015, 09:39 AM #4
meltbanana
Chaplain
(09-27-2015, 01:36 AM)anne Wrote:  you know how the woman kept saying "Wicked is good"

yes anne this was annoying as f but is a major common theme these days. first it was 'bad' and three decades later it's already 'wicked'.

09-27-2015, 10:29 PM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
giant walls keeping out bad things... giant wall everywhere Big Grin maze runner giant walls / game of thrones giant walls... Ji Xinpings walls of Iron and Copper to reach the sky keeping out the "trouble makers" from China's mainland...

...all reminds me of Dhul Qarnayn and how he built a wall/barrier to stop the gog magog from invading the poor simple folk.

And these movies, are a polarity of that.

People in high positions of power, have access to scripture and their exegetes from scholars who are at their beck and call - a way to make a movie popular is to play on the idioms people harbour within.

This is after all, hollywood.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko

09-28-2015, 05:49 AM #6
meltbanana
Chaplain
(09-27-2015, 10:29 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  ...all reminds me of Dhul Qarnayn and how he built a wall/barrier to stop the gog magog from invading the poor simple folk.

which reminds me how it was 'borrowed' from a pseudochristian text. like so many of these stories.

09-28-2015, 10:21 AM #7
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Just watched it yesterday! Funny how all these similar like movies such as The Hunger Games, Divergent, and The Maze Runner are all being presented to us now.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Elf, cameronjcw, Tarikko

09-28-2015, 10:49 AM #8
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Bro KF - The "final wave" is coming.

And melt - what Christian info? The alexandrian romance is a work of fiction, its stories borrowed from older kings, your book of fiction is just that - a book of fiction which causes much friction... so yeah, rant on wet boy Big Grin

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 2 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko, Kung Fu