#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
#HoldACokeWithYourBoobsChallenge

06-03-2015, 12:38 PM #1
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/women-a...ood-cause/

(no 'real' nudity but I don't think the link is safe for work)

This, is just... Sigh. I have no words.

Breast cancer is a serious disease. This is just an excuse to show your boobs. How many girls will do this just to fit in? Because if you don't, you won't support the cause? This is so degrating for women.

Also, wasn't there some conspiracy theory about the ice bucket challenge too? What's with those stupid challenges anyway nowadays...

'yeah, let's all show off our beloved boobahs, in favour of those women who (most of them) don't have breasts anymore. So inspiring.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 12:42 PM by SabethaPenguin.

“The world outside had its own rules, and those rules were not human.”
The following 1 user Likes SabethaPenguin's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-03-2015, 12:53 PM #2
truthgasm
Squire
(06-03-2015, 12:38 PM)SabethaPenguin Wrote:  http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/women-a...ood-cause/

(no 'real' nudity but I don't think the link is safe for work)

This, is just... Sigh. I have no words.

Breast cancer is a serious disease. This is just an excuse to show your boobs. How many girls will do this just to fit in? Because if you don't, you won't support the cause? This is so degrating for women.

Also, wasn't there some conspiracy theory about the ice bucket challenge too? What's with those stupid challenges anyway nowadays...

'yeah, let's all show off our beloved boobahs, in favour of those women who (most of them) don't have breasts anymore. So inspiring.

Bang on point, I saw this and couldn't even. These 'challenges' are basically just peer pressure, they promote blandness on the internet which annoys me on a personal level, and also some of them seem actually evil like that Charlie Charlie challenge. This seems equally evil, basically one small step for social media, one giant leap for social manipulation- get your tits out for cancer. Bleeeeeeeak o_O

the new world order lobotomised me and now i think Jay-Z matters.
The following 2 users Like truthgasm's post:
  • cameronjcw, Thy Unveiling

06-03-2015, 12:55 PM #3
Scimitar
Grand Commander
i thought this was some sort of joke - felt troubled when I realized this was for real *gasp

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-03-2015, 01:14 PM #4
Spazarus
Knight
One thing is for sure, it's marketing genius if girls are willing to help Coke with their advertising like this.

Funny movie reviews that expose the establishment: Popcorn Lobotomy

06-03-2015, 01:19 PM #5
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
Quote:Bang on point, I saw this and couldn't even. These 'challenges' are basically just peer pressure, they promote blandness on the internet which annoys me on a personal level, and also some of them seem actually evil like that Charlie Charlie challenge. This seems equally evil, basically one small step for social media, one giant leap for social manipulation- get your tits out for cancer. Bleeeeeeeak o_O

Oh yes, Charlie Charlie, saw that one passing by, too. Would never try it. Not sure if ghosts really exist, but I'm not gonna try it, just to be sure. That's two challenges in one month, something is up peeps  Big Grin

Seriously, most of the time I can keep calm when confronted with bullcrap, but this... This is just... What's next, #HoldAPencilBetweenYourTesticlesChallenge? #HoldACarrotInYourVaginaChallenge? >.<

(06-03-2015, 01:14 PM)Spazarus Wrote:  One thing is for sure, it's marketing genius if girls are willing to help Coke with their advertising like this.

Ha yes, that was my first idea actually.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 01:20 PM by SabethaPenguin.

• Thy Unveiling

06-03-2015, 01:20 PM #6
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
Looks fake, but hey, like this article notes it raises awareness.

"An adult entertainment website has tricked a plethora of men and women into sticking a can of coke between their breasts, all in the name of charity. Unfortunately for those involved and for breast cancer charities across the world, it was all a ruse. However, it has still helped to raise awareness of breast cancer anyway."

http://www.inquisitr.com/2141279/hold-a-...te-anyway/

Still, I think Breast Cancer has reached peak awareness, so not really much help.

There are also the whole pinkwashing issues selling cancer causing products with pink breast cancer ribbons on them. So donating a few cents of every sale of something that creates the problem. Problem/Reaction/Solution.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 01:21 PM by RiderOfKarma.
The following 1 user Likes RiderOfKarma's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-03-2015, 01:23 PM #7
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
(06-03-2015, 01:20 PM)RiderOfKarma Wrote:  Looks fake, but hey, like this article notes it raises awareness.

"An adult entertainment website has tricked a plethora of men and women into sticking a can of coke between their breasts, all in the name of charity. Unfortunately for those involved and for breast cancer charities across the world, it was all a ruse. However, it has still helped to raise awareness of breast cancer anyway."

http://www.inquisitr.com/2141279/hold-a-...te-anyway/

Still, I think Breast Cancer has reached peak awareness, so not really much help.

There are also the whole pinkwashing issues selling cancer causing products with pink breast cancer ribbons on them. So donating a few cents of every sale of something that creates the problem. Problem/Reaction/Solution.

Totally agreed, over here we have a whole month of awareness, with campains and stuff, in december. Breast cancer is a serious disease, yes, but there's other types of cancer too, you know.

• Thy Unveiling

06-03-2015, 01:28 PM #8
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
(06-03-2015, 01:23 PM)SabethaPenguin Wrote:  Totally agreed, over here we have a whole month of awareness, with campains and stuff, in december. Breast cancer is a serious disease, yes, but there's other types of cancer too, you know.

For real, and tons of other ailments. Its a great exapmle of gow the power structure assimilates and subverts any kind of grass roots movement, or just flat out astro turfs 'em.
The following 1 user Likes RiderOfKarma's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-03-2015, 08:54 PM #9
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
Why Coke but not Pepsi?

06-03-2015, 09:15 PM #10
Thunderian
Chaplain
(06-03-2015, 01:19 PM)SabethaPenguin Wrote:  #HoldAPencilBetweenYourTesticlesChallenge?

LOL!
The following 1 user Likes Thunderian's post:
  • Trenton