Thunderian
Chaplain
I hope your holiday found you safe, prosperous and with loved ones.  Smile
The following 4 users Like Thunderian's post:
  • celle76, khadeejah, Scimitar, Tarikko

09-24-2015, 04:19 AM #2
Tarikko
Chaplain
And Eid Mubarak to you too and your loved ones.

God bless

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 4 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • celle76, khadeejah, Kung Fu, Scimitar

09-24-2015, 05:03 AM #3
Scimitar
Grand Commander

Eid Mubarak to all who celebrate this day Smile

Scimi
This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 05:09 AM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Tarikko, khadeejah, Kung Fu

09-24-2015, 09:01 AM #4
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Eid Mubarak to all my brothers and sisters out there.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Tarikko, Scimitar, khadeejah

09-24-2015, 01:17 PM #5
Axiom
Marshall
It's sad to find out that over 700 people just died in a stampede at the Hajj in Mecca. Apparently this isn't a rare occurrence either, in 1990, close to one and a half thousand died in a stampede at the Hajj. It's not great when your first Hajj ends up being your last day on earth. Lord have mercy!
The following 2 users Like Axiom's post:
  • MissMiami, meltbanana

09-24-2015, 01:42 PM #6
khadeejah
Chaplain
(09-24-2015, 01:17 PM)Axiom Wrote:  It's sad to find out that over 700 people just died in a stampede at the Hajj in Mecca. Apparently this isn't a rare occurrence either, in 1990, close to one and a half thousand died in a stampede at the Hajj. It's not great when your first Hajj ends up being your last day on earth. Lord have mercy!
How would you know that it's not great for someone's last day on earth to be when they were making their first Hajj?   What do you know about Hajj?  Those people died in absolute submission to God,  performing the ritual that represents rejection of all evil and upholding the pillar of Islam that requires the greatest endurance and the greatest sacrifice -  they are rewarded with nothing but Paradise, All praise is for God.

Stampedes have happened before.  With 2-3 million pilgrims - the movement is like an ocean.  The logistics of handling that amount of pilgrims is an enormous task and Saudi authorities are always working to improve safety. - May God reward them for all their efforts. 

Anyways, perhaps you didn't know that this thread is to wish Muslims a happy Eed -  today is our Holiday of Eed Al Adhaa.  Why don't you leave your veiled insults in another thread.

May God guide you Axiom.

The following 1 user Likes khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko

09-24-2015, 02:48 PM #7
Axiom
Marshall
I don't want to come across as inconsiderate but I posted literally after I found out and it greatly concerned me that such a multitude of lives were lost because they were exercising one of the pillars of Islam which is to perform the Hajj. During the Hajj, the pilgrims have to circumambulate the Kaaba (literally "the Cube"), counter clock-wise seven times, and this black cube are where all the Muslim prayers are directed. It is apparent that Islam and Judaism are alike in many respects and the former, in the worship of the Cube, is not lacking a counterpart in Judaism, which is the "star of David".

It is really unfortunate in my my opinion but you are right that they showed a tremendous amount of devotion and I won't take that away from them, but I pray to God for mercy and you can't take that away from me. You would pardon me if some sentiments resonate with me more than others because the Apostle John said Whoever transgresses and doesn’t remain in the teaching of Christ, doesn’t have God. He who remains in the teaching, the same has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you, and doesn’t bring this teaching, don’t receive him into your house, and don’t welcome him, for he who welcomes him participates in his evil works." (II John 1:9-11 [WEB]) Don't expect that because of your fasting from food and overindulgence in internet that you will get a salute for your religious pursuits from someone on a conspiracy website.
This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 02:48 PM by Axiom.
The following 2 users Like Axiom's post:
  • MissMiami, meltbanana

09-24-2015, 03:20 PM #8
meltbanana
Chaplain
(09-24-2015, 02:48 PM)Axiom Wrote:  During the Hajj, the pilgrims have to circumambulate the Kaaba (literally "the Cube"), counter clock-wise seven times

reminds me of little monkeys in a circus show.

09-24-2015, 03:52 PM #9
khadeejah
Chaplain
(09-24-2015, 02:48 PM)Axiom Wrote:  I don't want to come across as inconsiderate but I posted literally after I found out and it greatly concerned me that Whoever transgresses and doesn’t remain in the teaching of Christ, doesn’t have God. He who remains in the teaching, the same has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you, and doesn’t bring this teaching, don’t receive him into your house, and don’t welcome him, for he who welcomes him participates in his evil works." (II John 1:9-11 [WEB])

Nobody expects anything from you except islamophobic rhetoric anyways Axiom.  Big deal.   You want to post it in a thread meant for happiness and well wishes, that's on you.

Anyways, nice quote  the first part of it -  I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ:

Jesus taught his followers to love God with all their heart souls and mind -  I do.
Jesus taught to love their neighbors as themselves -   I do. (kind of goes against the second part of what you quoted above but you are double-minded so what can one expect?)
Jesus taught to submit to God's will - I do.
Jesus taught to do good works for God's Sake -  I do.
Jesus taught to pray to God, seek His Forgiveness, ask him for Sustenance, and glorify Him -  I do all of those things. Walhamdulillaah -  And all praise and thanks are for God. 

Prophet Muhammad said that "he who doesn't thank the people, doesn't thank Allaah."  So I thank you Axiom for giving me another post to reply to and  to show that Muslims are closer to Christ than you Christians who worship him as God will ever be.  

And since Jesus taught us to do unto others as we would have done to us -  I'll finish this post by asking God to guide you just as I pray He will always guide me on His straight path and not let me be tempted from it or fall into evil, amen.

I'm off now -  Ciao!
This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 05:49 PM by khadeejah. Edit Reason: sayonara typo

The following 1 user Likes khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko

09-24-2015, 04:42 PM #10
Tarikko
Chaplain
You know the Kaaba ain't a prefect cubic Axiom don't you?

There are many threads that dealt with this. Head there and ill be more than happy to debunk you...

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History