#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
New Feminist Study on Racial Preferences

09-23-2015, 04:30 PM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
http://culturalmarxism.net/a-new-feminis...acial-sex/

In the study entitled “Is Sexual Racism Really Racism,” researchers with the University of New South Wales assert that having racial preferences when it comes to sex is “sexual racism.”

“In fact, men who used online dating services more frequently were generally more likely to register as racist…,” feminist Samantha Allen wrote in an article about the study.

Thoughts?

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 1 user Likes Kung Fu's post:
  • Chief Commander

09-23-2015, 05:36 PM #2
justjess
Chaplain
Everyone has preferences. I prefer tall guys with blue eyes and tattoos. They usually end up white because the whole blue eye thing. Am I racist because I have a sexual preference? No. It freaks me the fuck out when people say shit like that because is nothing sacred anymore? My bed does not need to be a hub of equal opportunity. I'm not going to sleep with a woman either does that make me homophobic? Some people actually try to argue that it does though I don't see self professed homosexuals lining up to sleep with the opposite gender for the sake of equality.
This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 05:37 PM by justjess.
The following 6 users Like justjess's post:
  • Goku, umphreak, Talijana, Trenton, Anna, meltbanana

09-24-2015, 03:44 AM #3
Anna
Knight
I think, "sexual racism" is incorrect term. Correct term is "racism". People, who are racist, are always sexual racists too. There are plenty of racists in this world, that is why that feminist woman could easily collect statistics for her article.
If the person is not racist, it feels while communicating, even if he or she chooses aryan-german tipe.

09-24-2015, 04:04 AM #4
Thunderian
Chaplain
(09-24-2015, 03:44 AM)Anna Wrote:  People, who are racist, are always sexual racists too.

Well, that's just not true. Most black Americans who are descended from slaves have a white ancestor.

09-24-2015, 04:24 AM #5
Goku
Chaplain
No.

Everyone is different.

Everyone one finds different things attractive, everyone finds different things that arouse them sexually. This is why one person who people may think is unattractive, is beautiful to another person.

I wouldn't say it's 'sexual racism' because it's subjective to the individual and a persons hormones may genuinely not react when they see that certain race of people.

I do understand however, the idea that it's subconsciously racist, but those people are most likely actual racists.
This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 03:44 PM by Goku.
The following 1 user Likes Goku's post:
  • Anna

09-24-2015, 05:07 AM #6
Anna
Knight
(09-24-2015, 04:04 AM)Thunderian Wrote:  
(09-24-2015, 03:44 AM)Anna Wrote:  People, who are racist, are always sexual racists too.
Well, that's just not true.  Most black Americans who are descended from slaves have a white ancestor.
I am not sure, what you mean. My point was, that if someone is racist and thinks, that he is superior, than people of other race, he usually does not pick that race, at least for marriage and serious relationship. Even if he wants them on biological level (in your case).

09-24-2015, 08:49 AM #7
Kung Fu
Chaplain
But if you choose not to sleep with with a certain person due to their race under the guise of "preferences" doesn't that make you a racist because you're automatically disqualifying them due to their race?

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

• Chief Commander

09-24-2015, 09:26 AM #8
Anna
Knight
(09-24-2015, 08:49 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  But if you choose not to sleep with with a certain person due to their race under the guise of "preferences" doesn't that make you a racist because you're automatically disqualifying them due to their race?
Yes, that is what I was trying to say. As for me personally, people around me are usually not far from my type (we have little racial diversity).
I look like most people around too. But sometimes I think, that preferring blondes can in some cases be racist too (because only white people have light hair). I even have composed anecdote about this:
- Afro-american woman comes on the interview to get a job. They say: "Sorry, but currently we are looking for blondes". She bleaches her hair and returns on the next day. They say: "Sorry, but we are looking for natural blondes".

I have dark brown hair. But in my opinion, in everyday life it is not always needed to create much drama over other peoples racism. It is only my opinion. I don't choose someone, someone doesn't choose me - we still can be happy without each other, something like this.

09-24-2015, 09:59 AM #9
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(09-23-2015, 05:36 PM)justjess Wrote:  Everyone has preferences. I prefer tall guys with blue eyes and tattoos. They usually end up white because the whole blue eye thing. Am I racist because I have a sexual preference?

According to that feminist, yes, you are.

If you don't date and or marry a certain group of people due to their race under the guise of preferences than by definition you are a racist.

• Chief Commander

09-24-2015, 10:07 AM #10
Talijana
Marshall
This is a huge topic in snow-flake identity land. Its a double bind in snow-flake identity land too and by that I mean if you are a white person that expresses an interest in lets say asians then you are "culture appropriating" and fetishising. A possibly valid point they could be subjecting a particular person to a range of stereotypes. Projecting an image so to speak and liking the idea of orientalism, it happens but not always. And yet if you are a white person that only dates other white people then you are sexually racist. You can't win. Is the answer we have a revolving door of ethnicities in our beds now? 

I do think this makes a mockery of sexual consent which is sex on your terms within your boundaries with another who understands your terms and boundaries and you afford them the same dignity and respect in respecting theirs  and these boundaries include sexual orientation, cultural orientation, age (not wanting someone too old or too young) among other things. Calling it racist is an attempt to make people feel bad about their sexual boundaries when they shouldnt. 

I dont like this sexually racist or sexually "exclusionary" discourse it is happening outside the realm of race too. Lesbians are having trans people forced on them the idea of the cotton ceiling ie MtF of various points in transition some still with penises whining that lesbians arent sleeping with them wholesale. There are some that are, good for them its their choice but you cant force your desire onto a certain class of people and race is also one of those things, it isnt even really about skin colour half the time. The reason why we shack up and seek relationships with other people are only partly looks. I would have zero in common and no shared community and inter-subjective base with a traditional indigenous Australian for example. I cannot really see myself with anyone that isnt of a similar background and "race/ethnicity" encompasses a lot of factors like religion, cultural practices, bilingualism etc. who knows what else, there are no doubt countless ineffable things that would be obstacles with someone from a radically different background. 

Ultimately I think its more belittling and dehumanising to incite in people a need to have sex with others just because of their race, way to make someone a thing. "Oh I thought Id try polynesian today" like you are a flavour of ice-cream. I think that is much worse than being told you dont fit someones desires for a mate at least you arent objectified. The argument can be made that in dismissing someone because of their race you are reducing them to it. But equally having sex with someone because they are a different race for the purposes of scoring social brownie points is reductionist and in this category the person is reduced to a sex thing as well.
The following 2 users Like Talijana's post:
  • HongKongHoward, Anna