#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Movie "The Visit"

09-20-2015, 08:54 PM #1
awake
Squire
Has anyone seen the movie "The Visit"? I watched the movie on Friday and noticed some symbolism. I wondered if anyone noticed it also? Butterflies in frames and on lampshades and mirrors. I've been a "vigilant citizen" for quite awhile and annoy my family and friends whenever I mention symbolism in the media, which they just shoo away as "illuminati conspiracies" haha. Without giving away the movie, the characters have some serious mental issues and the carefully placed symbols made me wonder. Thoughts? 
(This is my first post!)
The following 3 users Like awake's post:
  • anteater, Anna, Thy Unveiling

09-20-2015, 11:17 PM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I saw the poster for it and wanted to see it. Then I saw the trailer and it made my soul feel stained.

A friend of mine saw the movie and when she told me about it after (as she was disturbed by it) she admitted she, too, felt very "off" from it.

This seems like a movie with very bad energy attached to it!

09-20-2015, 11:20 PM #3
FlixKandish
Chaplain
It's Shamalayalan, I've got high hopes.

Friend saw it, said it's good. 

I'll wait till its bootlegged :p
The following 2 users Like FlixKandish's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, awake

09-21-2015, 03:57 AM #4
awake
Squire
(09-20-2015, 11:17 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  I saw the poster for it and wanted to see it. Then I saw the trailer and it made my soul feel stained.

A friend of mine saw the movie and when she told me about it after (as she was disturbed by it) she admitted she, too, felt very "off" from it.

This seems like a movie with very bad energy attached to it!

Agreed. It's meant to be funny in some parts, but the subject is creepy. My husband was not amused that I took him to watch it. I already weird him out when I tell him about the articles I read on this site! I told my mom about the movie when I saw the trailer and she said that the premise is disturbing. Why would the media want to make grandparents scary she said. It really bothered her. She said that this movie was yet another example on "the attack of the family." I love scary movies; she hates them. But I do agree that some movies lately sound as though it is targeted to kids even if it's not for kids. For "The Visit," they showed previews of movies coming out soon. One was about an evil Santa spirit. A family stuck in the snow in the middle of nowhere get a visit from an evil spirit instead of Santa. Disturbing. Also, one of my sons overheard some kids talk about a movie that came out called "Cooties," I think. He said that it's been popping up even in his classroom as an ad before his teacher has shown a YouTube video to the class. He asked me if it was a kid movie. I Googled it. It's not. It's about elementary kids contaminated by chicken nuggets, that turn into monsters and then attack their teachers. Wow, the media is shady. Dodgy
The following 1 user Likes awake's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-21-2015, 08:28 AM #5
Anna
Knight
(09-21-2015, 03:57 AM)awake Wrote:  But I do agree that some movies lately sound as though it is targeted to kids even if it's not for kids... He asked me if it was a kid movie. I Googled it. It's not...
It looks like they expect everyone watch everything.

09-22-2015, 02:23 AM #6
anteater
Peasant
I just saw the movie today! I noticed the symbolism as well and it creeped me out. I was just going to make a post on it but saw there already was one! When I first saw the butterfly lamp carefully placed right next to the girl at the beginning of the movie I knew the movie was going to be sick. Did anyone see anything else odd about this movie??
The following 2 users Like anteater's post:
  • awake, Thy Unveiling

09-26-2015, 12:21 PM #7
meltbanana
Chaplain
I think it was basically just a (pretty good) movie in which there was a random lamp with random butterflies on it. on the other side, anything could possibly mean anything.