#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Mystical Islam - Idries Shah and nore

09-20-2015, 04:16 AM #1
Robert Baird
Justiciar
The origin of spiritual growth amongst humans may begin in the Altaic Mountains before there were white people. Recent archaeology allows me to connect the dots with what I had written about the Urumchi red heads, DNN and Ainu as well as the Sarmoung which Gurdjieff claimed to have been a `speaker`or channeller for or from. Gurdjieff was no simple mystic he influenced Bernard Baruch and Frank Lloyd Wright who used occult means to affect FDR just as Woodrow Wilson had been impacted by Edward Mandell House. But Gurdjieff (Yes, I have a book on him) also influenced Hitler and Stalin probably lived with him for some time. (It is the homeland of Temujin and his alchemist forbears as well as the location of the Hindu origin site - I am one of the few who says this perhaps - Mt. Meru. I recommend Stan Tenen`s Meru Project to see a lot of esoteric origins as well.)

``From the Sarmoung, Gurdjieff learns the sacred dances, much like those of the Whirling Dervishes, which constitute an integral part of his “the work.” According to Gurdjieff’s leading student J. G. Bennett, who was head of British Military Intelligence in Istanbul and his friend Idries Shah (1924-1996), the popular author of Sufism, Gurdjieff’s “Fourth Way” originated with the Khwajagan, a chain of Naqshbandi Sufi Masters from the tenth to the sixteenth century influenced by Central Asian shamanism. According to Bennett, the Sufis are the descendants and spiritual heirs of the old master magicians of Altai, where Central Asia has been their heartland for forty thousand years or more.

As Bennett relates, the Sarmoun became active in the rise of Zoroastrianism, and he connects the influence of the Magi to the Essenes.10 Gurdjieff believed that the true teachings of Jesus Christ were corrupted by the Christian Church, but that a small group of initiates called the “Brotherhood of the Essenes” were able to secretly preserve them. Likewise, Gurdjieff believed that Islam as well had deviated from the original teachings of the Prophet Mohammed. Gurdjieff believed that the esoteric teachings of Islam were in Bokhara, in Central Asia, which Bennett believes was associated with the Naqshbandi Sufis [major spiritual order of Sunni Islam] who had preserved the true teachings of Islam, and which represented a synthesis of the inner meaning of all religions.

In 1953, Bennett had undertaken a long journey to the Middle East, which included a mysterious visit to Abdullah Faizi ad Daghestani (1891-1973), Shaykh of the Naqshbandi Haqqani Sufi order, in Damascus.11 Ad Daghestani initiated Gurdjieff and allowed him through a dream to “ascend to the knowledge of the power of the nine points,” which became the basis of his Enneagram.12 The enneagram is a nine-pointed figure usually inscribed within a circle. Gurdjieff is quoted by Ouspensky as claiming that it was an ancient secret and was now being partly revealed for the first time, though hints of the symbol could be found in esoteric literature. It has been proposed that it may derive from the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, as used in Renaissance Hermeticism, which used an enneagram of three interlocking triangles, also called a nonagram or a nine-pointed figure used by the Christian medieval philosopher Raymond Llull (1232-1315).13`

Through the influence of the Romanian Traditionalist historian, Mircea Eliade (1907-1986), brought forward the idea that its mystical feats of the shamans of Central Asian were achieved through the use of drugs, often referred to as “entheogens.” In 1954, Aldous Huxley (1894-1963), who studied Eliade, wrote the The Doors of Perception (1954), which also reflected the ideas of Gurdjieff, and claimed that hallucinogenic drugs “expand consciousness.” Like many of the leading LSD evangelists of the CIA’s MK-Ultra program, including Huxley, Gerald Heard (1889-1971) and Alan Watts (1915-1973), Timothy Leary (1920-1996) was strongly influenced by Gurdjieff.``
This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 04:21 AM by Robert Baird.
The following 1 user Likes Robert Baird's post:
  • Hex

09-20-2015, 04:29 AM #2
Robert Baird
Justiciar
The Enneagram:

When I left the 'Don', (This is part of a far larger story about how I learned a great deal in jail at the age of twenty when I went to serve off parking ticket fines rather than pay for what I considered illegal taxation for a corrupt bureaucracy.) I saw a cat near the sidewalk ahead of me. It was an orange and white tabby that didn't move out of my way nor did it come for rubs from my outstretched hand. It winked at me with one eye and I received a flash of enlightenment. The knowledge of what exists in the lowest form of life is ruled by the same principles and rules that impact the more complex creatures. Knowledge is not comprised of words or logical constructs and when fully integrated it appears quite simple. That is the nature of principles. Seeing or feeling the white light in Yoga has an element of this, as does the Near Death Experience. This was more than that!

In a mere fifteen seconds my head was filled. I may only have been able to incorporate a small portion of what it offered yet it seemed almost to be the kind of divine illumination that many ecstatic religions report. It was something I pondered upon for many years. My current attitude about it is that it was not the level of knowledge that I would have gotten at the most complex level of life, but rather one or more steps beneath that. About ten years ago James Redfield's book the Celestine Prophecy told a nice story that incorporates the knowledge of the Enneagrams. Around the early 1920's Jesuit priests brought this knowledge out of Persia and probably it is related to the Magi of Zoroaster and the three wise men of the Bible. These Magi are on the path of the alchemist and other shamanistic attunements. Gurdjieff's Sarmoung Brotherhood are directly associated with the Enneagrams. Redfield does not include mention of the Enneagrams in this book and I have not read his follow up books to know if he gives them credit there. If he does that is nice; but it might also threaten a lot of people if he did. (The gate was opened to me... in one quarter of an hour I saw and knew more than if I had been many years together at a University... I saw it as in a great deep in the internal; for I had a thorough view of the Universe, as a complex moving fullness wherein all things are couched and wrapped up. - Jacob Boehme, Mystic)

In his book he takes a person through the plant and animal knowledge of the laws of nature and dimensional reality of energy and the soul in a beautiful story ending in de-materialization. This book was at the top of the New York Times best-seller list longer than any other book. I believe it was 28 months. De-materialization and ascendancy or what the Bible refers to in part as Resurrection are human adept potentials and we shall delve into this much deeper later in this book. The Enneagrams are also able to be expressed in the purest form of language - mathematics. I have had occasion to look at the work of one scholar who had done this. He agreed with me on almost every point related thereto.

However, when it happened to me I did not know about the Enneagrams (Here is a good site on it. http://www.ashlandenneagram.com/arti...approach.shtml )and I thought it was a Cosmic Consciousness or direct cognition of even greater proportions. I had read R. M. Bucke's book by that title and it had led to some calling me the 'Cosmic Kid' a few years earlier. His work also details a man who disappeared before scientists and police 29 times at McGill University in Montreal where Bucke was a psychiatrist. Bucke is the man who worked with Walt Whitman to end straight-jacket uses and treat people with respect. The Movie Beautiful Dreamers is well worth watching and tells their story in a London, Ont. asylum. Eventually the man who could dematerialize didn't return as he had said would happen.

Beautiful Dreamer:

The Civil War was a cauldron horrific
One medical helper in it became terrific
Richard Maurice Bucke says he was Jesus-like
'Cosmically conscious' even riding a bike
The Collective Unconscious not yet spoken about
Bucke was the top psychiatrist there can be no doubt
Why did later journals eradicate his contributions grand
This is no laughing matter and I an accounting do demand
This medic made great poetry much more than I can do
You could even say in comparison mine is mere do-do

I recommend the movie Beautiful Dreamers
Though focused on London Asylum screamers
There Walt Whitman thought and with his friend
Brought strait-jackets and worse to an end
Cavorting physically and swimming nude
Some people found this man quite crude
Bi-sexual or a simple 'gay'
I truly cannot really say.

His influence, though and humaneness
Has uplifted many from a great mess
His prose is greater than what we call a muse
You sometimes even become amuse
Society should hold him above most heroes
Warriors and Kings are mostly zeroes
I do truly 'bless his heart'
He put the horse before the cart
Whitman died before my birth
I would have loved to share his mirth.
This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 04:32 AM by Robert Baird.

09-21-2015, 05:17 PM #3
Robert Baird
Justiciar
The Ainu are recently proven by DNA mapping to be the Polynesian and they are very Europod in appearance so I think they interbred with Denisovan Man and Neanderthal to create Caucasians. The OP does fit with that suspicion of mine.

In research today to find proof of what I saw on a cable TV program over a decade ago I found this. It does not say specifically that flora and fauna from the Caroline Islands reached Hawaii by boats (catamaran rafts with outriggers) 150,000 years ago. It does show they have no explanation for the fact of the existence of so many such flora and fauna from that far away - 1500 miles. This is how academia works through direct inference and assumptions about history. It denies the possibility of advanced people traveling the ocean that long ago.

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/...b191000000.pdf

Here is a little admission of the racist agenda or source of ignorance.

"Until about 15 years ago, most biologists mistakenly believed that the native Pacific peoples had only a small effect on island habitats and their native animals and plants and that drastic modification of island environments is almost entirely due to more recent effects brought on by European and American cultures. This misinterpretation was partly a result of the cultural influence of the "noble savage" view championed by Rousseau in the eighteenth century, but was even more attributable to a lack of interdisciplinary research {SOOO refreshing to see this admission.}. In fact, Polynesians were changing their environments in a major way for thousands of years before their first contacts with Europeans. Polynesians changed native habitats through cutting, burning, and the introduction of nonindigenous plants for agriculture (Kirch 1997). The most convincing evidence for environmental change is from bird bones of species forced to extinction, found in archaeological sites, lava tubes, and sand deposits (Kirch 1982; Olson and James 1982; Steadman"

http://www.hear.org/articles/pdfs/ha...c_less_pix.pdf

09-22-2015, 11:07 AM #4
Robert Baird
Justiciar
Is there a reason this thread disappears from the front page. Is it threatening to some people. Do people not want to know how their religions were made and how the so-called occult is involved in every one of those religions.
The following 1 user Likes Robert Baird's post:
  • Goku

09-22-2015, 06:47 PM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Hi Robert,

the reason the thread moves down the order is due to other threads having newer posts in them, that's all... carry on Smile

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

09-22-2015, 07:04 PM #6
meltbanana
Chaplain
(09-22-2015, 06:47 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  Hi Robert,

the reason the thread moves down the order is due to other threads having newer posts in them, that's all... carry on Smile

Scimi

no, it's a conspiracy!  -_^
The following 2 users Like meltbanana's post:
  • peacebeuponall, Scimitar

09-22-2015, 07:13 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
...thought it was just code... what was I thinking *slaps self

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 2 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • peacebeuponall, meltbanana

09-22-2015, 11:06 PM #8
Robert Baird
Justiciar
(09-22-2015, 07:04 PM)meltbanana Wrote:  
(09-22-2015, 06:47 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  Hi Robert,

Scimi

No - if I post and then go to the forum - it is often the only new post and yet not in green or marked as new. Also I click today's posts and my threads are not there - many times including this time. But because you posted it has the NEW icon. It does not matter - content is lking and people here are already tuning in to factual [presentations over proselytizing and trolling activity. After all - learning is what counts.

no, it's a conspiracy!  -_^