#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Boy Arrested For Making a Clock

09-17-2015, 09:25 AM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community...school.ece

The article is about a boy named Ahmed Mohamed, who is 14 years old, who got arrested when he brought a homemade clock to school to show to his friends and teachers. One of his teachers called the police because she thought it was a bomb and when the police arrived they arrested him in handcuffs in front of everyone. Here's the really sad part, the principal suspended the boy for 3 days even though the police have stated that it was a homemade clock just as the boy kept stating to his teachers, friends, and authorities. He still remains suspended.

Got to love good ole racist American. I can promise you that if this kid was white and his name was John Smith the teacher would be praising the kid rather than calling the police.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

09-17-2015, 09:34 AM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
BME prejudice is still rife eh? *yawn* teachers who curb the enthusiasm of their students cannot be called "teachers"...

...they should be called morons, and sacked from the job, thrown into community service and do 1000 lines of apologies on A4 lined paper...

for a start.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 11 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Anna, Chief Commander, The Creeper, BraylonRey23, Goku, Trenton, Todd, Kung Fu, anne, Tarikko

09-17-2015, 09:43 AM #3
Loki
Chaplain
(09-17-2015, 09:25 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community...school.ece

The article is about a boy named Ahmed Mohamed, who is 14 years old, who got arrested when he brought a homemade clock to school to show to his friends and teachers. One of his teachers called the police because she thought it was a bomb and when the police arrived they arrested him in handcuffs in front of everyone. Here's the really sad part, the principal suspended the boy for 3 days even though the police have stated that it was a homemade clock just as the boy kept stating to his teachers, friends, and authorities. He still remains suspended.

Got to love good ole racist American. I can promise you that if this kid was white and his name was John Smith the teacher would be praising the kid rather than calling the police.

Well it depends, if John Smith was a skinny weird white boy who wore a trench coat to school because he thought it looked cool and decided to bring in a homemade clock they would likely call the cops as well. However, whether he would still be suspended or not is up for debate.

Now if a white (or probably any race other than Middle Eastern) jock brought in a clock he made then no cops would be called and even if they were they'd probably apologize to him profusely rather than suspend him.

The prejudice here comes from racism but the unjust punishment comes from the kid having no power, as opposed to the son of a rich person or the star of the football team.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 11 users Like Loki's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Anna, Smooch, The Creeper, MaryJane, That1kid, Trenton, justjess, Isaiah53, umphreak, anne

09-17-2015, 09:49 AM #4
anne
Justiciar
(09-17-2015, 09:43 AM)Loki Wrote:  
(09-17-2015, 09:25 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community...school.ece

Well it depends, if John Smith was a skinny weird white boy who wore a trench coat to school because he thought it looked cool and decided to bring in a homemade clock they would likely call the cops as well. However, whether he would still be suspended or not is up for debate.

Now if a white (or probably any race other than Middle Eastern) jock brought in a clock he made then no cops would be called and even if they were they'd probably apologize to him profusely rather than suspend him.

The prejudice here comes from racism but the unjust punishment comes from the kid having no power, as opposed to the son of a rich person or the star of the football team.

This cannot be called Islamophobic or racist, in my eyes.
The following 1 user Likes anne's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-17-2015, 09:53 AM #5
Tarikko
Chaplain
Well what is for certain it's a messed up world we live in..

Poor people end up in jail or worse for smoking MJ while real terrorists destroying entire countries and livelihoods live in mansions

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 9 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Chief Commander, The Creeper, Goku, Trenton, justjess, Briandao, Loki, Scimitar

09-17-2015, 09:57 AM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
inadvertently, the school has shot this kid to international stardom.... i wonder is Microsoft or Google have their eyes on him, yet.

Big Grin

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Tarikko

09-17-2015, 10:05 AM #7
Loki
Chaplain
(09-17-2015, 09:49 AM)anne Wrote:  
(09-17-2015, 09:43 AM)Loki Wrote:  

This cannot be called Islamophobic or racist, in my eyes.

Care to elaborate at all?

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 2 users Like Loki's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko

09-17-2015, 10:41 AM #8
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(09-17-2015, 09:49 AM)anne Wrote:  This cannot be called Islamophobic or racist, in my eyes.

So what is it called?

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Chief Commander, Trenton

09-17-2015, 11:00 AM #9
anne
Justiciar
(09-17-2015, 10:41 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  
(09-17-2015, 09:49 AM)anne Wrote:  This cannot be called Islamophobic or racist, in my eyes.

So what is it called?

In our country,or atleast from where I am, bringing ANYTHING except what the school prescribes is not allowed.
So I guess that's the US law too, or am I wrong here?

09-17-2015, 11:02 AM #10
khadeejah
Chaplain
(09-17-2015, 09:57 AM)Scimitar Wrote:  inadvertently, the school has shot this kid to international stardom.... i wonder is Microsoft or Google have their eyes on him, yet.

Big Grin

Scimi

Don't know about Microsoft  but many more have ...

http://news.yahoo.com/i-stand-with-ahmed...QRzZWMDc2M-

Something tells me though that this boy is gonna be on a lot of "watch lists"   - God knows best
The following 2 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko