#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Star Trek Actress arrested

09-16-2015, 10:26 AM #1
DiscoStu
Marshall
I happened to see this today. I'm a bit of a Trekker, though I never could get into Voyager. Some parts of this story rang some bells.

http://wjhl.com/2015/09/15/star-trek-voy...-harriman/

After reading all this stuff about Kim Richards, it's sad to see the mental breakdown in others.

Quote:HARRIMAN (WATE) – A woman who played the medical assistant in the first three season of Star Trek: Voyager was arrested for indecent exposure.
Jennifer Ann Lien, 41, was arrested at her home in Harriman on September 3 at around 6:42 p.m. Deputies said Lien had an active warrant in Roane County on two counts of exposing herself to a child under the age of 13.
Roane County Sheriff’s Office was initially delivering a Detainer Summons. When they visited Lien’s house, her front door was open. After knocking on the door, she yelled at the officers to come in.
Deputies said Lien was naked on her couch, covered by a blanket. She told the officers she was expecting them.
Then dispatch told deputies that Lien had an active warrant from the Harriman City Police Department. When they told her about the warrant, she said they needed to leave her alone, saying she wasn’t going any (expletive) where.
The two deputies repeatedly asked Lien to put on clothes, eventually calling for a female officer. They said Lien told them she would have all of them shot and killed.
The following 1 user Likes DiscoStu's post:
  • The Creeper

09-16-2015, 03:03 PM #2
Emerald
Chaplain
(09-16-2015, 10:26 AM)DiscoStu Wrote:  I happened to see this today. I'm a bit of a Trekker, though I never could get into Voyager. Some parts of this story rang some bells.

http://wjhl.com/2015/09/15/star-trek-voy...-harriman/

After reading all this stuff about Kim Richards, it's sad to see the mental breakdown in others.

Quote:HARRIMAN (WATE) – A woman who played the medical assistant in the first three season of Star Trek: Voyager was arrested for indecent exposure.
Jennifer Ann Lien, 41, was arrested at her home in Harriman on September 3 at around 6:42 p.m. Deputies said Lien had an active warrant in Roane County on two counts of exposing herself to a child under the age of 13.
Roane County Sheriff’s Office was initially delivering a Detainer Summons. When they visited Lien’s house, her front door was open. After knocking on the door, she yelled at the officers to come in.
Deputies said Lien was naked on her couch, covered by a blanket. She told the officers she was expecting them.
Then dispatch told deputies that Lien had an active warrant from the Harriman City Police Department. When they told her about the warrant, she said they needed to leave her alone, saying she wasn’t going any (expletive) where.
The two deputies repeatedly asked Lien to put on clothes, eventually calling for a female officer. They said Lien told them she would have all of them shot and killed.

Could be that but maybe she was just high or drunk?

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 1 user Likes Emerald's post:
  • The Creeper

09-16-2015, 03:18 PM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Wow, thanks for sharing DS. Another Star Trek fan here. Idky this news surprises me, but it does. So effing random! The whole thing. Egh its almost as if I thought the Star Trek actors were smarter and better than such nonsense.

I think she's going to end up another sad story like that Dana girl from Different Strokes (autocorrect. Not fighting it.) Right down to the eventual suicide. Not that I want such a fate for this disturbed woman. Its just what I see after having read that report. Flashing your bits to kids, there's not much further down to slide. And yes, she probably does have a serious drug problem.
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper

09-16-2015, 05:22 PM #4
The Creeper
Chaplain
Posted by Emerald
Could be that but maybe she was just high or drunk?

Maybe, it does sound like she has really gone downhill. That said, I have been high AND drunk plenty of times before and I have never exposed myself to children. This article makes it sound like she has got some kind of mental illness. She needs help and treatment more than she need prison, as far as im aware she hasn't hurt anyone.

While we are on about Star Trek, I liked the original series (blatant occult themes when I watch them now), TNG, Voyager and most of the films with Kirk and Picard, exept the one where they killed off Kirk. After that they went downhill in my opinion and not too long ago I watched Star Trek: Renegades, set 10 years after Voyager with Tuvok and Checkov in it, some people might like it but I thought it was pretty weak. No one else can really recreate what Gene Roddenberry did. Star Trek has changed a lot over the years...

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 1 user Likes The Creeper's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-17-2015, 01:53 AM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Never did hear of that newer one you mention, Creeper. I saw some of Enterprise or whichever one it was where they were building the ship. Couldn't get into it, and I had issues with various things on it (like why their uniforms are more futuristic than the ones on the original series. If its supposed to take place before the original, the outfits should be more "futuristic retro", if that makes any sense. To me it does.)
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper

09-20-2015, 07:07 AM #6
Tempora
Peasant
I liked the way that ST: TOS color coded their humans so that the aliens knew which ones to kill. Very courteous of them I thought.
The following 3 users Like Tempora's post:
  • Riddler, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-23-2015, 12:31 PM #7
Riddler
Chaplain
loved star trek, hated voyager. (same goes for enterprise, where the vulcan honey was like a script-copy of voyager)
tho i'd be lying if i didn't say 'seven of nine' had some fancy features.

sad to see somebody tumble down like that. i've seen it before. i'm gonna go with abusive (especially mentally abusive) spouse.
This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 12:33 PM by Riddler.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 2 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-23-2015, 12:37 PM #8
Riddler
Chaplain
(09-20-2015, 07:07 AM)Tempora Wrote:  I liked the way that ST: TOS color coded their humans so that the aliens knew which ones to kill. Very courteous of them I thought.

i think according to Star Trek, aliens are like bulls.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 2 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper