#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Deleting Posts

09-16-2015, 08:42 AM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Lately some of my posts are posted two times in a row so is there a way to delete you're posts?

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Samsung, Trenton, Thy Unveiling

09-16-2015, 08:44 AM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I've noticed people resort to editing, deleting what they wrote, and stating the reason (such as "Edit reason: double post" )
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, Kung Fu

09-16-2015, 09:01 AM #3
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(09-16-2015, 08:44 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  I've noticed people resort to editing, deleting what they wrote, and stating the reason (such as "Edit reason: double post" )

That's exactly what I've done as well. Thanks  Big Grin

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling

09-16-2015, 11:41 AM #4
Loki
Chaplain
You can always report the double post and note why in the report. Vig will see that and he can delete them pretty easily. Members have abused the delete post feature in the past so that is probably why it is disabled.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 2 users Like Loki's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling

09-16-2015, 11:45 AM #5
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(09-16-2015, 11:41 AM)Loki Wrote:  You can always report the double post and note why in the report. Vig will see that and he can delete them pretty easily. Members have abused the delete post feature in the past so that is probably why it is disabled.

Alright, thanks for the info, Loki.

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling

09-16-2015, 01:21 PM #6
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Thanks Loki Smile

09-16-2015, 08:44 PM #7
Vytas
Justiciar
I participated in forum once, in there if you decided to leave, you could delete your account and after that instead of your name only registration number above your posts was visible . Either that or possibility to delete posts would be nice.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God

09-17-2015, 10:09 AM #8
Loki
Chaplain
(09-16-2015, 08:44 PM)Vytas Wrote:  I participated in forum once, in there if you decided to leave, you could delete your account and after that instead of your name only registration number above your posts was visible . Either that or possibility to delete posts would be nice.

I'd see no issue with leaving only your username or registration number as the final remnants attached to posts once someone decides to deactivate their account or are banned, but those users shouldn't have all of their posts deleted, it can leave threads a complete mess for retroactive reading. Plus, in this community people who are banned or even leave of their own volition after clashing with other members or administration have a tendency to return in deceitful ways. Leaving their posts intact makes realizing these trolling attempts much easier.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 2 users Like Loki's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, khadeejah