#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The two witnesses and the outpouring of gods spirit

09-15-2015, 03:36 PM #1
seekinheart
Justiciar
Its very clear to me with the lightning strikes and animals turning up dead all over. We are in the last days, where do you stand on rapture, and when do you think the two witnesses will appear, who are they in your opinion I know there is a good case for them being elijah and enoch. But are they two unknown people whos ministry has not yet began. If you scout youtube, more and more people are having visions and dreams or experiences of heaven and hell, this i believe is gods spirit being poured out in these last days, what are your thoughts im eager to know thanks.
The following 3 users Like seekinheart's post:
  • MissMiami, meltbanana, Tarikko

09-15-2015, 04:02 PM #2
khadeejah
Chaplain
(09-15-2015, 03:36 PM)seekinheart Wrote:  Its very clear to me with the lightning strikes and animals turning up dead all over. We are in the last days, where do you stand on rapture, and when do you think the two witnesses will appear, who are they in your opinion I know there is a good case for them being elijah and enoch. But are they two unknown people whos ministry has not yet began. If you scout youtube, more and more people are having visions and dreams or experiences of heaven and hell, this i believe is gods spirit being poured out in these last days, what are your thoughts im eager to know thanks.

SH -  for us non-Christians, could you provide the verse or doctrine that mentions the two witnesses?  As soon as I read "two witnesses"  I immediately thought of the angels that record our good and bad deeds -  one on the right and one the left as in:

And the earth will shine with the light of its Lord, and the record [of deeds] will be placed, and the prophets and the witnesses will be brought, and it will be judged between them in truth, and they will not be wronged. (39: 69)

Thank you.

09-15-2015, 04:07 PM #3
seekinheart
Justiciar
hey khadeejah

11 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood,[a]saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”
These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God[b] of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+11&version=NKJV
The following 3 users Like seekinheart's post:
  • Vytas, meltbanana, khadeejah

09-15-2015, 04:16 PM #4
meltbanana
Chaplain
(09-15-2015, 03:36 PM)seekinheart Wrote:  Its very clear to me with the lightning strikes and animals turning up dead all over. We are in the last days, where do you stand on rapture, and when do you think the two witnesses will appear, who are they in your opinion I know there is a good case for them being elijah and enoch. But are they two unknown people whos ministry has not yet began. If you scout youtube, more and more people are having visions and dreams or experiences of heaven and hell, this i believe is gods spirit being poured out in these last days, what are your thoughts im eager to know thanks.

Id say we are currently here And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows. regarding the 'rapture' there is none (in a way of which many are claiming). Matt 24:31 however is what comes to mind and this of course will happen after or at the end of the tribulation. as for the rest I'm waiting and I'll see. from my current pov I would expect Jesus to return in about three to four decades. meanwhile s**t is happening fast but some of the next s**t in no particular order will be civil disobedience, rising prices and costs, more so called war, sex and violence, breeding the first 'really useful generations' (just look at the current youths if you must ), more famines and so on. doom is on but it it has just begun and we haven't seen anything yet so give it a few decades. and beware 'new technologies'.
The following 1 user Likes meltbanana's post:
  • MissMiami

09-15-2015, 06:31 PM #5
MissMiami
Marshall
We are in those last days, in that time and season. Speaking to my father this morning who is in his 70s, we were talking about retirement and I said I hope I don't have to live that long in this world and he said to me to prepare for retirement but not to worry about it because we are in the time of Christ's return and we are very close. 

Take it for what you will, but I am passing along what he said to me because I have never heard him say this before today in all of my years: That we are very close to that day. (He and my mother are bible scholars who studied 4 years and each earned and received degrees from a Faith Bible Institute about 5 years ago. My dad is administrator of his church and my mother holds the office of church secretary of parliamentary proceedings of their church)

He believes all the things have come to pass for Christ's return to be imminent, which he has told me in years past, but the difference in what he said today was with more urgency, citing the things that have transpired in the last few years, but specifically the things that are happening this year and their rapidity and significance.  (Emphasis on rapidity, that he has never before seen in his almost 80 years).

I, for one, was very excited and relieved upon hearing him say this to me this morning and I do not take it lightly. I am very encouraged and I also feel the strong feeling that Christ is at the gate.

People can spend their time debating whether the Bible is true or trying to disprove it, but while they are distracted with that, the prophecies are happening right be before our eyes. But they are missing it since they are looking down instead of looking up as we have been instructed to do.

If you're not looking up and looking around you, and you don't know what to look for, you'll miss it.
The following 4 users Like MissMiami's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Elf, Vytas, meltbanana

09-15-2015, 07:39 PM #6
meltbanana
Chaplain
(09-15-2015, 06:31 PM)MissMiami Wrote:  People can spend their time debating whether the Bible is true or trying to disprove it, but while they are distracted with that, the prophecies are happening right be before our eyes. But they are missing it since they are looking down instead of looking up as we have been instructed to do.

If you're not looking up and looking around you, and you don't know what to look for, you'll miss it.

just like the jews missed Jesus. regarding our times I always remember For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  in other words - they are tolerant.

09-15-2015, 08:19 PM #7
Vytas
Justiciar
We are not in the last days , we still missing few days.
Pretribers and post tribers both are right, it will be matter of perspective, satan will be given power over time, he will mess with it, and very strange things will happen.
Two witnesses will be two groups of 144000, with marks on they foreheads, meaning they will remember what others don't, they will remember the great deception a.k.a flood...
Barley harvest is comming...And it will be ugly

Truth is precious it's guarded by God

09-15-2015, 08:30 PM #8
sPEktrall
Chaplain
I def believe we are in the last times.  They just legalized same sex marriage.  These are the days of Lot.

Luke 17:28-29English Standard Version (ESV)
28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, 29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all—

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 3 users Like sPEktrall's post:
  • Tarikko, Aiylish, meltbanana

09-15-2015, 08:34 PM #9
meltbanana
Chaplain
(09-15-2015, 08:30 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  I def believe we are in the last times.  They just legalized same sex marriage.  These are the days of Lot.

Luke 17:28-29English Standard Version (ESV)
28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, 29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all—

and there will be quite some fire again. for at least twice before the millennial kingdom.
The following 1 user Likes meltbanana's post:
  • sPEktrall

09-15-2015, 08:40 PM #10
Vytas
Justiciar
Lol americans and their mentality...even christians full of themselves...And if it would be San Marin who legalise it instead of america would it mean end times?
This post was last modified: 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM by Vytas.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God