#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Psychological Evidence and analysis

09-15-2015, 03:05 PM #1
Robert Baird
Here are some old videos my recent contactee thinks prove him correct.
Got to love it!!! Christians with spacecraft from Venus (I guess they can survive Hell after all.) - the surface of Venus can melt many metals. And to think this guy gave me this as proof of something factual.

From the Wiki link above!!!

"George Van Tassel started hosting group meditation in 1953 in a room underneath Giant Rock excavated by Frank Critzer, a prospector. That year, according to Van Tassel the occupant of a space ship from the planet Venus woke him up, invited him on board his space ship, and both verbally and telepathically gave him a technique for rejuvenating the human body. In 1954, Van Tassel and others began building what they called the "Integratron" to perform the rejuvenation. According to Van Tassel, the Integratron was to be a structure for scientific research into time, anti-gravity and at extending human life, built partially upon the research of Nikola Tesla and Georges Lakhovsky. Van Tassel described the Integratron as being created for scientific and spiritual research with the aim to recharge and rejuvenate people's cells, "a time machine for basic research on rejuvenation, anti-gravity and time travel".[3] "

09-15-2015, 03:12 PM #2
Robert Baird
If people read up on what I have laid out about Persinger and the DIA sending images into people's brains or what Futurescape showed - they might save themself from a lot of trauma. Of course, as this article points out - some people enjoy the attention or absorption.

I am having another confrontation with an alien contactee and some similar people on another website. One of them has some credentials having been on a show that I see no record of at Paracast - but maybe Paracast is jealous about their members and wanting to keep the money flowing their way. Here is what psychology says about people like him who also claim to be totally sane and proven as such.

"Professor Rich McNally and his colleagues at Harvard University have spent over 10 years researching the psychology of alien abductees, and in particular why it is that some people embrace the identity of “alien abductee." His research has isolated a number of traits possessed by ‘alien abductees’ each of which he argues contributes to the experiences they recall when ‘being abducted’ and to the desire to cling on to their belief that aliens were responsible for their abduction experiences. Let’s look at each of these five traits in turn.

1. Regularly experiencing sleep paralysis and hallucinations when awakening: Many people who have reported alien abduction suffer episodes of early morning sleep paralysis. On awakening from this paralysis, their terror gives rise to hallucinations of flashing lights and buzzing sounds. Some experience feelings of ‘floating’ around the room or seeing figures in the room. While many people interpret these post-sleep paralysis experiences as dreaming, some people interpret these experiences as seeing figures, ghosts, or aliens.

2. Tendency to Recall False Memories: In an elegant set of experimental studies, McNally and colleagues found that individuals who claimed to have been abducted by aliens were prone to what is known as “false memory syndrome." That is, alien abductees regularly claimed to recall words, items, sentences, etc. in memory tests that they had never actually seen before. If this “false memory” affect can be generalized to autobiographical memories, then individuals who claim to have been abducted by aliens would be twice as likely to “falsely remember” things that had never happened to them than would non-abductees.

3. High levels of “Absorption”: Alien abductees also score significantly higher than most people on the mental characteristic known as ‘absorption.' This is a trait related to fantasy proneness, vivid imagery, and susceptibility to hypnosis and suggestion. Because of this it is probably not surprising that many alien abductees recall their experiences under hypnosis, where memories of abduction can be induced through suggestibility—especially if the person leading the hypnosis session asks particularly leading questions about abduction.

4. New Age beliefs: Being whisked up into space ships by tractor beams or light sources is not something that happens every day—nor is it something that is easily explainable within our existing knowledge of physics. Similarly, being subjected to imaginative medical procedures requires a tendency to accept unusual and non-mainstream ideas. This is also a trait possessed by ‘alien abductees.' They score highly on measures of magical ideation and endorse New Age ideas that encompass beliefs about alternative medicines and healing, astrology, and fortune telling. Such beliefs would certainly allow the individual to accept things happening to them that would be dismissed by existing scientific knowledge.

5. A familiarity with the cultural narrative of alien abduction: As a cultural phenomenon, alien abduction has entered folklore and the images and descriptions of aliens and their spacecraft have become familiar to many people. Alien abductees tend to be very familiar with this cultural narrative which is one possible reason why their descriptions of aliens and their spaceships are so similar—being fuelled as they are by sci-fi films and numerous books about aliens and alien abduction.

As Professor McNally points out in a very readable review(link is external) of his studies on alien abduction, it is still unclear whether all these characteristics are necessary ingredients in the recipe for ‘alien abduction’ or whether some are more necessary than others. Other researchers have also identified further traits(link is external) that appear to be characteristic of ‘alien abductees’, such as paranoid thinking and weak sexual identity. There is still much more research to do to fully understand the motivations and thinking patterns of individuals who claim to have been abducted by aliens, but as McNally shrewdly points out, these people are not anxious nor depressed, they are not psychotic and do not appear to have any obvious mental health problems. ‘Alien abduction’ experiences often deepen spiritual awareness and give shape to the identities of abductees and provide a basis for their beliefs about the world and the universe. Whether the experiences of abduction were real or not, the experiences and interpretations adopted by ‘alien abductees’ are often psychologically helpful and can be spiritually comforting.

Finally, a note of caution. All of these studies of ‘alien abductees’ were carried out after they had their abduction ‘experiences’, so it’s difficult to know whether these five traits are consequences of the experience or were—as McNally suggests—factors that led individuals to interpret rather earthly experiences (such as sleep paralysis and hallucinations) as evidence of abduction. And then— perhaps fantastically—can we genuinely rule out the possibility that such traits are implanted in their victims by aliens in invasive medical procedures carried out on alien space ships! My skeptical, scientific mind says probably not—but who knows?!"

09-15-2015, 03:29 PM #3
Robert Baird
I guess I won't have to look far for proof that this was a very upfront nutcase. I have met people who claim to be aliens who did a better job than this kook. A more credible account in a book called Christ Consciouness which I recount in full in my books has Norm Paulsen experiencing a vision in almost this exact location, where I also encountered a real person who was a back engineer at Tonopah.

"Suddenly, Van Tassel began speaking in a loud, harsh voice which identified itself as 'Knut'.

Knut proceeded to tell the assembled party that he was stationed in a "300 foot supply ship, approximately 200 miles to the south, and 5260 feet high". When the group stepped outside to look for this miraculous craft, they were rewarded with nothing more than the beauty of the desert night and a few shooting stars.

This typical channelling session at the Giant Rock Spacecraft Convention in 1958 was recalled by UFO chronicler Gray Barker in his Gray Barker At Giant Rock (1976). The story of these open-air conventions near Yucca Valley, in California's Mojave Desert, is really the story of the American flying saucer contactee movement. For 23 years – from the 1950s through the late '70s – friends of the alien saucerians met and channelled and sold their wares in the comfortable company of the true believers."

KNUT case - love it!!!!
This post was last modified: 09-15-2015, 03:30 PM by Robert Baird.

09-15-2015, 04:22 PM #4
The thing that I don't understand about alien abductions is the testimony of people who say that they never in a million years would imagine that they would be beamed up into a spacecraft (regular 9-5 people who just want to go home and have a beer), who then have incredibly strange experiences that they feel need to be shared.

I could see somebody remembering they put their car keys on the counter, when in reality they are in a crack between the couch as a false memory. But an entire alien abduction? I have never been abducted by aliens (as far as I know), but I have had some weird things happen to me, and my friends have had weird things happen to them.

Usually these memories have a different feel than normal memories. People have described it as "flashback like" were suddenly you are seeing a place which you are consciously sure you have never visited, but the memory feels more 'legitimate' than even the memory of eating dinner last night.

My friend showed me a video a few years ago that his dad took late at night in their backyard. He said that his dad had gone outside to investigate why his dog wouldn't shut up, looked up and saw a light floating about 200 meters above his backyard. At this point is where the video starts and you could see the light moving back and forth very quickly in the sky before literally blasting off into the distance, much faster than even the camera can keep up with. And all the while you can hear his dog barking in the background.

The strange part is, maybe 2 days later I asked my friend if he could send me the video (because it might have been the most amazing thing I've ever seen), and he sheepishly replies that the video had disappeared from his phone, and when he asked his dad to re-send the video, he said his dad didn't have it anymore either.

And trust me, I would have loved to post it.

Although I suppose his dad could have faked it (despite having little technical ability), or it was a secret government project, or thousands of people world over feel the need to add even more insanity to the everyday mundane insanity that goes on on the surface of our planet for no reason other than to garner international attention.

Surely there are people who do it for the attention and the fame, but the profiles of most UFO abductees are people who would much rather not deal with all of the press and negative attention stories of UFO abductions are bound to stir up. In the past, people have claimed to be visited by angels and demons or other out-world beings but these people have usually been silenced by whatever punitive system existed at the day (whether they were burned at the stake, or lobotomized and put into an institution). These days, people with these claims are merely ostracized and lumped in with the "conspiracy theorists and nutters" group.

There is no advantage to that, that I can see.

"You can find in a text whatever you bring, if you will stand between it and the mirror of your imagination. You may not see your ears, but they will be there." - Moral, by the Cat
The following 1 user Likes HongKongHoward's post:
  • Robert Baird

09-15-2015, 05:34 PM #5
Robert Baird
I have heard some very credible reports about aliens spacecraft. Before I learned about the use of the God Helmet by US agencies including the DIA I would even be heard defending alien intervention = stupid me.

I agree with what you say about people being lumped together as nutcases or conspiracy theorists but it is sadly true of most on the web.