#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

English television "end of the world" september 23rd

09-14-2015, 05:45 PM #1
So if you ask me, something significant is going to happen on sept 23rd, not sure what, but personally too many dates line up and ive seen all the foreshadowing in movies. What I found interesting though is that, bbc 3 who played the robin williams family guy episode right before his death was announced, are showing deep impact pretty constant this week, ive seen it on twice now.

Not only this, but I just watched a channel 5 advert for this weekend of films that was showing, 2012, knowing, and movies like that and said "the end of the world weekend"  which i thought was weird, i mean they cant make it that obvious surely.

also interesting

09-14-2015, 10:04 PM #2
I believe something will happen on or about the 23rd of September. But I would strongly dissuade anyone from fixating on one thing as being what occurs. We don't know what it will be, and as this video said, we may not even see it happen publically. After all, how much goes on in the shadows that we do not know of, already? And if we predict one thing to occur and it does not, we ( and by we I mean what the world terms conspiracy theorists, tin-foil hats, etc) will lose credit with the sheeple, and they will be less likely to listen to us.

There is a principle which is a ban against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation    -    Edmund Spencer
The following 3 users Like Elf's post:
  • doubleshot, seekinheart, Songbird516

09-20-2015, 12:35 PM #3
I take the opposing stance and will say absolutely nothing will happen on the 23rd. Why? Date setting has never been reliable. If a certain date becomes really popular, then nothing will happen; nothing ever does. It's amazing that some still allow themselves to fall for this stuff.

This is Y2K, the Mayan calendar, and the false date of the false rapture all over again.

Formerly JudgementEden on the old VC Forums.
The following 2 users Like X-Maverick's post:
  • cameronjcw, The Creeper

09-20-2015, 01:20 PM #4
I think something will happen the 23rd too.

I will wake up, I will go to work, I will be tired, I will go home, I will fight with my kids, I will check VC, I will go to bed.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 6 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Scimitar, Goku, Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw, X-Maverick, The Creeper

09-20-2015, 01:39 PM #5
well considering that, there are actually 6 asteroids passing earth and comet y12a0 or whatever its called, is in the bible codes, I really dont know!
The following 1 user Likes seekinheart's post:
  • Vixy

09-20-2015, 01:50 PM #6
The Creeper
I see... a vision... of my future...

It will be a wednesday... I will go to college.. Then I will do other things I usually do on a Wednesday..
I might paint, I might read, I might come on here.. that hasn't been decided yet.

Then I will go to sleep and the world will not end Smile

When The Last Day will come, only the Lord knows.

Im going to make it a point to post in this thraed on the 24th just to say I told you so.

Come on guys, really? This again?

How many people who say "the world will end on (insert date here)" have to be proven wrong before you guys wise up?

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 2 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw

09-20-2015, 02:46 PM #7
Quote:Celebrity Big Brother 2015 spoilers: 'End of the World' twist for final weekend

Big Brother is planning one last big twist for the Celebrity housemates this weekend.

And it all kicks off this Friday night with the live eviction showdown.

As things stand, nine celebs remain in the house but many of them could be kicked out by the end of the week.

All of the current lot face the chop in the latest public vote with only the top four most popular contestants safe from the axe.

It leaves five in the danger zone with host Emma Willis teasing that they'll have to battle it out to stay in the house while those saved by the public won't be totally out of it, having some tough choices to make themselves.

It's not yet been officially confirmed just how many are leaving tomorrow night but we reckon another double eviction is almost a certainty.

The next day on the Saturday night and the countdown to the final begins with 'Celebrity Big Brother: The End is Nigh' at 10:30PM while on Sunday at 9PM another special, 'Celebrity Big Brother: End of the World' will air.

No details have yet been released regarding just what Big Brother has planned but it may have something to do with the who faces the final eviction next Tuesday night, just two days before the last 24 hours in the house.

The Celebrity Big Brother 2015 final airs Thursday, September 24 at 9PM on Channel 5 with the final Bit On The Side on straight after at 11PM with Rylan Clark.

Quote:Will there be a theme?

The theme of this series will be UK versus US. In a statement, Channel 5 said: "The CBB House will be decorated with British and American iconography, but the housemates will feel far from home as there will be plenty of surprises along the way. Our patriotic celebrities will need to be very competitive as the UK and USA are pitted against each other in an epic trial of tasks, challenges and twists."

A source told The Mirror: "The reason bosses have come up with this idea is because of the impact Perez Hilton had on the January series. He was so out there and caused such mayhem that producers want to take it to the next level for the new show.

"They hope that by pitching Brits against Americans they will capitalise on our cultural differences and fireworks will ensue."

Quote:Channel 5 has confirmed that Tila Tequila has been removed from Celebrity Big Brother summer 2015 after less than a day due to “prior social media postings” thought to be linked to her views on Hitler and Nazism.

According to the website TMZ, bosses took the decision to axe Tila after the subject of Nazism came up in the house, and they discovered that she holds views sympathetic with Hitler’s regime.

In 2013, the 33-year-old – real name Thien Thanh Thi Nguyen – published a blog post entitled “Why I Sympathize with Hitler” in which she claimed the German dictator was “not a bad person”.

She also released a picture of herself in which she appears in front of Auschwitz concentration camp while wearing a swastika armband and brandishing a gun.

In a statement released tonight, Channel 5 confirmed Tila had been removed due to “views and attitudes” revealed prior to the show that made her position in the house “untenable” – but did not specify whether those views were linked to Nazism.

09-20-2015, 02:56 PM #8
Quote:You, Me And The Apocalypse
Coming soon

The end of the world marks the start of ​Sky 1's amazing new drama!

Rob Lowe, Jenna Fischer, Megan Mullally, Mathew Baynton and Pauline Quirke will lead the cast in our epic and global comedy drama You, Me and the Apocalypse.

You, Me and the Apocalypse is a bold, adrenaline-fuelled comedy drama about the last days of mankind - boasting a relentlessly entertaining mix of action, adventure, romance and wit set against a backdrop of apocalyptic chaos.

The story follows an eclectic group of seemingly unconnected characters around the world as their lives start to intersect in the most unexpected ways. All triggered by the news that a comet is on an unavoidable collision course towards earth.

And when we say 'eclectic', we specifically mean, a rebellious priest, an unhinged white supremacist, a mild mannered bank manager, a germ-phobic cyber-terrorist, an American 5 star general and a child who (possibly) rose from the dead. Some of the above are destined to make it to a bunker deep beneath the suburbs of Slough, and as a result will become the hugely unlikely (and frankly, somewhat unsuitable) future of mankind.

Rob Lowe will play Father Jude, the Vatican's most rebellious priest. But beneath his irreverent exterior he's a deeply moral man with a profound and passionate faith. His world will be turned upside down by news of the impending apocalypse, and he will find himself facing the greatest challenge of his life. One that will shake his faith, force him to question his vows, and bring him face to face with his past.

Jenna Fischer will portray Rhonda, a mild-mannered librarian who finds herself dangerously out of her depth when she is sent to a maximum security prison in New Mexico for a crime she did not commit. Desperate to be re-united with her beloved family, she will find herself inadvertently plunged into a race against time to find them before it's too late.

Megan Mullally will play Leanne, an unhinged white supremacist who takes a deeply reluctant Rhonda under her wing. Morally dubious but intensely loyal, she's a woman uniquely suited to surviving the end times and will prove herself to be exactly the streetwise sidekick Rhonda needs.

Mathew Baynton will take on the role of humble Slough bank manager Jamie. Hopelessly likable but hopelessly stuck in a rut, he's still mourning the mysterious disappearance of his wife seven years ago. But news of the apocalypse will finally spur him into action, and he will embark on a perilous quest to find his wife, discovering courage he never knew he possessed along the way.

Pauline Quirke will take on the role of Jamie's loving but tough-as-nails mum Paula. A nurse by profession, she also nurses a dark secret about Jamie, one that will turn his life upside down...

Paterson Joseph will play General Gaines who has rapidly risen through the ranks of the army, becoming a 5 Star General with responsibility for briefing the President of the United States on high-level military matters.

Joel Fry plays Dave, Jamie's hedonistic best friend, who encourages Jamie to grab what's left of life by the balls. Blessed with an outrageous sense of humour and a lust for life, he responds to news of the impending apocalypse by writing an utterly shameless bucket list...

You, Me and the Apocalypse will debut on ​Sky 1 later this year.

Quote:Characters will include a five Star US General, a White House civil servant and a bride with a one-eyed husband 30 years her junior.

Quote:The Wrong Mans star Baynton plays hapless bank worker Jamie who is living quietly in Slough with his slacker flatmate Dave (Game of Thrones' Joel Fry).

Suddenly he finds himself arrested for cyber terrorism based on what appears to be conclusive DNA evidence.

The only answer he can think of to explain the bizarre occurrence is that he might have a long lost twin so he asks his Mum, played by Pauline Quirke, and her answer surprises him...

You, Me and the Apocalypse will air on Sky 1 on Wednesday September 30 at 9pm

This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 02:56 PM by Tempora.

09-20-2015, 03:40 PM #9
^^ exactly why so much end of world symbolism ad programs.

09-20-2015, 04:02 PM #10
it would be rather funny if they convinced them the world had ended in CBB lol