#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
United Airlines Faces Boycott

06-02-2015, 04:22 PM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
http://rt.com/usa/264013-united-airlines...imination/

United Airlines faces boycotts for its discrimination against a Muslim woman who simply wanted an unopened can of Diet Coke.

I wonder when Muslims will realize that a good chunk of the West isn't so free and loving. The nations of the West are just like any other nation in terms of who they like and want to support and who they don't.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

06-02-2015, 04:29 PM #2
Loki
Chaplain
The Flight Attendant should definitely be fired for discrimination, not to mention making the Airline look bad when she lied and tried to say it was policy. And yeah if people want to boycott the Airline that's cool too, I've never heard anything positive about United Airline honestly, but as someone who has never flown in his life I'm essentially boycotting all the airlines.

I can't honestly imagine what the flight attendant was thinking except "RACISMRACISMSTEREOTYPESRACISM".

As for the bit about the other passenger who yelled at her, I'd need to hear another passenger verify that exchange because it seems so unreal. I don't even slightly doubt that it's possible some hick was that incredibly bold and racist but it just seems so crazy it's hard to imagine it really happened. But if it did, fuck that guy.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

06-02-2015, 09:25 PM #3
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(06-02-2015, 04:29 PM)Loki Wrote:  As for the bit about the other passenger who yelled at her, I'd need to hear another passenger verify that exchange because it seems so unreal. I don't even slightly doubt that it's possible some hick was that incredibly bold and racist but it just seems so crazy it's hard to imagine it really happened. But if it did, fuck that guy.

I believe it happened. The demonization of Muslims within the Western world through Popular Culture and the media lead me to believe this most likely did happen considering how easily humans are brainwashed and programmed.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

06-02-2015, 09:39 PM #4
Thunderian
Chaplain
No one should be discriminated against, but can you imagine the boom in business for United if there really is a Muslim boycott?  Tongue

06-02-2015, 11:49 PM #5
Sarge
Marshall
(06-02-2015, 09:39 PM)Thunderian Wrote:  No one should be discriminated against, but can you imagine the boom in business for United if there really is a Muslim boycott?  Tongue

No pun intended aye?

06-02-2015, 11:51 PM #6
Thunderian
Chaplain
I tried to be subtle. Cool

06-02-2015, 11:51 PM #7
Sarge
Marshall
(06-02-2015, 04:29 PM)Loki Wrote:  The Flight Attendant should definitely be fired for discrimination, not to mention making the Airline look bad when she lied and tried to say it was policy. And yeah if people want to boycott the Airline that's cool too, I've never heard anything positive about United Airline honestly, but as someone who has never flown in his life I'm essentially boycotting all the airlines.

I can't honestly imagine what the flight attendant was thinking except "RACISMRACISMSTEREOTYPESRACISM".

As for the bit about the other passenger who yelled at her, I'd need to hear another passenger verify that exchange because it seems so unreal. I don't even slightly doubt that it's possible some hick was that incredibly bold and racist but it just seems so crazy it's hard to imagine it really happened. But if it did, fuck that guy.

I don't know about America, but physical abuse of Muslim women is becoming rampant here in Aus

I have no trouble believing this story

06-03-2015, 12:02 AM #8
Thunderian
Chaplain
The thing is, everyone faces some kind of discrimination from someone else.  You can't find one group of people who aren't hated by at least one other group.

Laws against it are a good thing, but you can't legislate character and morality.  They are trying really hard to in Western countries -- celebrating diversity while stamping out any opposing point of view -- but all they're doing is instilling fear, not tolerance.

06-03-2015, 08:09 AM #9
Loki
Chaplain
(06-02-2015, 11:51 PM)Sarge Wrote:  
(06-02-2015, 04:29 PM)Loki Wrote:  The Flight Attendant should definitely be fired for discrimination, not to mention making the Airline look bad when she lied and tried to say it was policy. And yeah if people want to boycott the Airline that's cool too, I've never heard anything positive about United Airline honestly, but as someone who has never flown in his life I'm essentially boycotting all the airlines.

I don't know about America, but physical abuse of Muslim women is becoming rampant here in Aus

I have no trouble believing this story

I'm not sure really, I don't know that I've ever heard of a Muslim woman being abused around these parts. I'm sure plenty of them are picked on in school for wearing their hijabs because kids pick on anyone who is different, but being attacked or something I don't hear much of. Doesn't mean it isn't happening though, just that I don't hear it. I tend to associate with progressive and open minded people so bigots and morons aren't a typical part of my social circle.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

06-10-2015, 02:11 AM #10
Thunderian
Chaplain
Well this is interesting.  Here's a post on a flyers board from someone who claims to have been an eyewitness to this incident.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24902619-post222.html