#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Judging a forum user by their username...

09-11-2015, 09:19 AM #1
cameronjcw
Justiciar
I just wondered does anybody else have a picture in their head what other forum users would be like, look like, sound like etc in real life from their posts.

For instance Briandao I imagine you are chinese or japanese am probably completely wrong though, right!?  

Vytas  I think because your name begins with a V I have this image in my head that you may be a little bit like Lord Varys from GoT

Jebus I hope am not insulting anybody because its not meant to be like that lol

I bet a few of you, especially the ones who thought I was a guy probably had an idea that I was some wee skinny crooked scottish highlander kind of guy or something lol who knows!

But anyway as long as nobody takes it too personal and nobody makes personal or insulting attacks or anything like that this could be a fun thread, maybe?? Maybe not I dunno, guess we will see what materializes later lol!
This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 09:20 AM by cameronjcw.
The following 5 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • X-Maverick, Scimitar, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, Vytas

09-11-2015, 09:28 AM #2
Loki
Chaplain
Lol, Briandao's most common phrase is, "Here in Sweden," so it's funny how you pictured him being Asian. Actually, from just his username I thought he was going to be Brazillian because it reminded me of Diego Brandao, a UFC fighter from Brazil.

I think everyone does this though, since we have no actual idea what most users look like we create a mental image of them in our heads to associate them with, much like we do for characters in books.

I'm often told I'm pictured as being mid-40s with worry/frustration lines. Also that I'm always face-palming, which is honestly probably because of an old avy I used for a while.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 11 users Like Loki's post:
  • X-Maverick, Scimitar, anne, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, MaryJane, Goku, Tarikko, Briandao, cameronjcw

09-11-2015, 10:07 AM #3
anne
Justiciar
Cameronjcw and Loki,
You guys don't know about the thread "A few things more about yourself"?
Quite a few had posted their pictures :-)
And a lot of info aboutthemselves
The following 6 users Like anne's post:
  • Scimitar, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Tarikko, Loki

09-11-2015, 10:09 AM #4
Briandao
Chaplain
(09-11-2015, 09:19 AM)cameronjcw Wrote:  I just wondered does anybody else have a picture in their head what other forum users would be like, look like, sound like etc in real life from their posts.

For instance Briandao I imagine you are chinese or japanese am probably completely wrong though, right!?  

Vytas  I think because your name begins with a V I have this image in my head that you may be a little bit like Lord Varys from GoT

Jebus I hope am not insulting anybody because its not meant to be like that lol

I bet a few of you, especially the ones who thought I was a guy probably had an idea that I was some wee skinny crooked scottish highlander kind of guy or something lol who knows!

But anyway as long as nobody takes it too personal and nobody makes personal or insulting attacks or anything like that this could be a fun thread, maybe?? Maybe not I dunno, guess we will see what materializes later lol!

I'm actually french/swedish :-D

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 5 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Scimitar, Trenton, The Creeper, Tarikko, cameronjcw

09-11-2015, 10:20 AM #5
Loki
Chaplain
(09-11-2015, 10:07 AM)anne Wrote:  Cameronjcw and Loki,

Well at this point I know what the majority of OG VC posters look like because on the first 2 or 3 boards there were very popular "What Do You Look Like" threads. I'm not really all that interested in knowing most people intimately though. I've not checked that thread out much though or seen any new pictures, and honestly don't have much interest at this point, but thanks for mentioning it Smile

Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 4 users Like Loki's post:
  • Scimitar, anne, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-11-2015, 01:03 PM #6
Vytas
Justiciar
(09-11-2015, 09:19 AM)cameronjcw Wrote:  Vytas  I think because your name begins with a V I have this image in my head that you may be a little bit like Lord Varys from GoT

Big Grin If you mean appearance , well its as far from truth as it gets, if personality then im flattered, too bad I know the answer Sad
For me personally avatars probably tells more than the names, especially in this forum...
This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 01:04 PM by Vytas.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 2 users Like Vytas's post:
  • Scimitar, cameronjcw

09-11-2015, 01:53 PM #7
The Creeper
Chaplain
(09-11-2015, 10:07 AM)anne Wrote:  Cameronjcw and Loki,

I posted in that thread, you can check it out if you like. I did put a picture in there, if its dark and im wearing a hoody and holding a scyth I might look a bit like my avi. If im going by The Creeper, at least it rhyms with grim reaper, I don't think rainbows and kittens would have been appropriate, or very fitting with my personality or my interest in the paranormal.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Scimitar, Trenton, anne, cameronjcw, Thy Unveiling

09-11-2015, 03:32 PM #8
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I'm relieved this thread isn't what I thought it'd be! I was like "uhm looks like I may have been the inspiration for a thread that could turn ugly" (Flix called me out for doing that with Stephanie 1666)

Yeah, I've done a bit of imagining what other users look like. Briando doesn't look at all what I thought he would. Creeper really pleasantly surprised me. Hex was another shocker (i didn't expect him to be so young! But you won't see it there now. I missed out on Alice's.) We've got quite a good looking community from what I've seen.

I always picture Flix as looking similar to her av, and Emerald as having an early Janeane Garrofolo dgaf thing going on. I picture you, Cam, as having brown hair and wearing a comfy nightie more often than not. You're probably very pretty when you put in the effort but most days dgaf yourself as you just feel like crap and have no one to impress. (If that be the case, i hear ya! Why make more laundry for myself if I'm not going out anywhere? Plus my pajama pants are comfy! The girl downstairs is the same.) I also picture you with glasses, but not the Lisa Loeb ones that would look good on you. Am I way off base?

Edit: Creeper, your av is gorgeous
This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 03:35 PM by Thy Unveiling.
The following 5 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Scimitar, Trenton, cameronjcw, The Creeper, anne

09-11-2015, 03:40 PM #9
anne
Justiciar
Thyunveiling,
Its Briandao, sorry, but I am a spelling freak ;-)
PS : You forgot me, I hate you :-s
The following 3 users Like anne's post:
  • Scimitar, Thy Unveiling, Briandao

09-11-2015, 04:07 PM #10
Loki
Chaplain
(09-11-2015, 03:40 PM)anne Wrote:  Thyunveiling,
Its Briandao, sorry, but I am a spelling freak ;-)
PS : You forgot me, I hate you :-s

I don't believe Unveiling has ever spelled Briandao correctly. I think it's on purpose at this point  Tongue

Marcus Aurelius

--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 6 users Like Loki's post:
  • Scimitar, cameronjcw, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, Briandao, anne