#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Differentiating between natural and supernatural!?

09-08-2015, 08:59 PM #1
cameronjcw
Justiciar
This just kind of crossed my mind, probably spouting a load of crap tonight, it seems like one of those half arsed switched on kind of nights really lol

How can we differentiate between natural and supernatural when this reality/earth is the only point of reference we have!?

And now my brain is giving up! Confused
The following 3 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • The Creeper, Annonymous Damsel, Trenton

09-08-2015, 10:46 PM #2
Trenton
Justiciar
I suppose in essence there is hardly a true difference between "natural" and "supernatural". Both just terms coined by Humans in their limited perspective having physical bodies.

People have a hard time understanding or believing that other entities could hold form and exist and think without a fleshy shell to reside in.

It would be easier to draw a line and guess what supernatural means to a Human, something which cannot be consistently touched or seen with the naked eye.

You can see plants animals, rocks and other people. However you cannot SEE air, but it exists, it is natural, so maybe that isn't sufficient.

Even more specifically what is considered natural? Something organic, and made of matter? Well, light is natural, and comprised of Photons.

Many "supernatural beings" are also comprised of such Photons. (electricity and magnetism included)

So IMO most things are Natural. I'd have a hard time finding something I could even classify as Supernatural.

Big Grin  Hope that was an okay answer!

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 7 users Like Trenton's post:
  • SheWatches, mrgrimm, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Tarikko, Anna, cameronjcw

09-09-2015, 01:23 AM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I will have to come back to this in a bit. Just finished cleaning with a lot of bleach and mint, then medicated to wind down. Bloody well deserve it after all that! But anyhow, trying to read all that my mind split off into a million places...got me thinking a lot, I guess.. Gonna go lay down now and probably be up thinking a while still. Or crash tfo Tongue
The following 3 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • cameronjcw, The Creeper, Trenton

09-09-2015, 01:35 AM #4
Trenton
Justiciar
(09-09-2015, 01:23 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  I will have to come back to this in a bit. Just finished cleaning with a lot of bleach and mint, then medicated to wind down. Bloody well deserve it after all that! But anyhow, trying to read all that my mind split off into a million places...got me thinking a lot, I guess.. Gonna go lay down now and probably be up thinking a while still. Or crash tfo Tongue

You def gotta give some input! Rest up your mind and come back and blow ours! haha

blow our minds****
This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 01:36 AM by Trenton. Edit Reason: that sounded wrong haha

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 3 users Like Trenton's post:
  • cameronjcw, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-09-2015, 03:04 AM #5
Hex
Wanderer
(09-09-2015, 01:35 AM)Trenton Wrote:  You def gotta give some input! Rest up your mind and come back and blow ours! haha

blow our minds****
Thanks.

I needed the clarification.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 7 users Like Hex's post:
  • SheWatches, Goku, cameronjcw, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, FlixKandish

09-09-2015, 07:54 AM #6
Goku
Chaplain
I think the difference is supernatural things don't obey the Laws of physics or they're not natural.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defini...pernatural

For example:

The majority of the events in the Bible such as Jesus' miraculous healings, Moses parting the Red sea, The Great Flood and Jesus walking on water.

Angels, Demons, Vampires, Ghosts, Ghouls, Goblins, Witches/Wizards and Werewolves are all classed as supernatural also.
The following 5 users Like Goku's post:
  • SheWatches, cameronjcw, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-09-2015, 05:16 PM #7
The Creeper
Chaplain
Supernatural things have been happening since year dot.
They are still natural, just super natural.

We tend to think that this world is all there is. That this finite material made of matter and the things we can percieve with our sense are all that exist. We are incorrect in this assumption. There is much more going on than we know about, so much more. The supernatural is still natural, it is just super by our standards.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • cameronjcw, mrgrimm, Trenton, Thy Unveiling

09-09-2015, 05:25 PM #8
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Well I don't imagine it could be said any better than what Creeper or Goku said. Trenton, you were pretty bang on too. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think I'll be blowing any minds Tongue
The following 3 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • cameronjcw, Trenton, The Creeper

09-09-2015, 05:32 PM #9
The Creeper
Chaplain
Posted by Thy Unveiling
Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think I'll be blowing any minds  Tongue

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • SheWatches, Goku, Trenton, cameronjcw, Thy Unveiling

09-09-2015, 05:40 PM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Not if you're the one asking me Tongue Wink
The following 4 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Goku, Trenton, cameronjcw, The Creeper