#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Berenstein Bears, (bear with me lol)

09-06-2015, 03:15 AM #1
Trenton
Justiciar
I know this thread was done about a month ago in Entertainment.

We all have our memories, Berenstein, Berenstain. But, That's not what I'm here to discuss.bI'm here to discuss something that is a bit out there with no ground for proof. I remember Berenstein. I remember it so clearly, because I said Bear-en-stine. Like Frankenstein.

It's bothered me for over a year since my friends brought it up. I went to their house, and my friend JUMPS UP rubbing her hands maniacally. She says to me "SO, do you uhhmmm... Do you remember that childrens book series from when we were kids?" I said, "Uh which one haha", she says "You know, there was the mama bear and the papa bear and their two kids?"

I say "Oh yeah Berenstein Bears, of course I loved those."

And she jumped around all excited and got up in my face pointing "SO, You CLEARLY REMEMBER IT AS STEEEEN RIGHT????" I said "haha yeah??? Whaaat are you on about"

Then she told me the crap about Stain. It's so freaky, and we all discussed whether we remember it wrong, we discussed tracing our fingers on the "cursive-esque" font. and all decided, yes it was STEIN.

Aside from all the probable reasons why the books and show and everything changed, since we cannot explain it...

The thing that has me thinking from time to time are all the strange people I meet. The ones who seem so brainwashed by superficiality, have those creepy stepford wife robotic smiles, and a general "They Live" alien vibe about them.... All say Stain to me.. I am quite paranoid, but I don't think it would be too far off, to suggest, that somehow at some point, two parallel realities converged, and theirs took over mine. The reality that people seem to just KNOW it was -Stein get a genuine discomfort feeling when the learn its changed. Those who assert it was always -Stain act calm and normal when you explain it to them.

That's just my experience on the matter. I know many who remain calm are also very level headed and think "maybe we or you just remembered it wrong and are getting all worked up."

I am not denying that one bit. It's a possibility.

I went to the library the other day. My partner had other business there using a computer to print stuff off, and to keep myself busy I said to them "I'm gonna check those damn books"

So I go to the children's section, and muck around looking, then I realized it was more likely in the toddlers section. So instead of walking up to a bunch of kids like a creeper, I asked the lady at the info desk. She also had a weird vibe about her as opposed to a few other librarians I've seen around. I clear my throat, and say,

"Excuse me ma'am, this might sound crazy, but, do you have the BerenSTEEEIN bears books?"

i made damn sure to be clear when I said it without sounding overbearing.

She without hesitation blankly smiling said "The Berenstain bears, yeah i think we have a few"

I shuddered and followed her, I said "Yeah I just wanted to see them again, haven't read them since i was a kid"

She went over and they had only one book. I held it and looked at it. "Berenstain Bears" for sure.

I was upset, but flipped through the book, checked for a print date, which, there wasn't one. Just said it was by Random House. No reprint info, no official print info. No year whatsoever.

I left and said "Thanks!"

-----

Do you think it's possible we live alongside people from another reality. People who aren't nescissarily crazy evil bad, but just... Different from us in some way. With just a slightly different history and stuff. I don't have any friends who are like these weird stepford people. So I haven't engaged in conversation with any of them to see what they remember of historical topics. I might be overthinking it all and jumping to blind conclusions. But who knows. We went from about 1,000,000,000 people on earth circa 1900 to about 7,000,000,000 in 2015. I get the arguments, "Medical advances, vaccines, all that"

Doesn't seem to me that still accounts for that many new humans. With an average of 2.5 kids per mom and dad. Abortions, and who knows what else with unwanted kids. Victorian times had women having roughly 13 kids, usually 5 or 6 of them dying young, that's still 7 kids per family. I don't know much about population statistics, I'd be lying if I said I was well read on the subject.

What do you think?
This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 04:39 AM by Trenton. Edit Reason: i have a real spacing problem

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • BraylonRey23, Thy Unveiling

09-07-2015, 09:14 AM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Well we do have the shadow beings, and Fringe touched on parallel universes etc, so its possible. I have no idea tbh but there's a lot of messed up shiznit in this world beyond my comprehension.
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • BraylonRey23, Trenton

09-08-2015, 08:57 AM #3
Loki
Chaplain
I didn't really check the other thread about this much so maybe this was mentioned there but the strongest theory to this phenomenon I've heard is similar to Fringe, as Unveiling mentioned, where at some point something occurred that crosses two very similar universes and some of us transitioned to the A universe and others remained in the E universe. In that theory we would be co-habiting with some people who were always a part of the A universe and remember "-stain" from their childhood but most of us are E universe inhabitants who are suddenly realizing as a collective that something is different from how we clearly remember it. The universes happened to be so similar that nothing big is different, only this slight variation, which is pretty underwhelming if true, though I suppose we could discover other differences in the future.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 3 users Like Loki's post:
  • Smooch, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

09-09-2015, 11:42 PM #4
Vulpes.rex
Knight
(09-07-2015, 09:14 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Well we do have the shadow beings, and Fringe touched on parallel universes etc, so its possible. I have no idea tbh but there's a lot of messed up shiznit in this world beyond my comprehension.

Shadow people? Do tell.

----------------------------------------------------
"Never let life kill your spark." 
Crown the Empire 
The following 1 user Likes Vulpes.rex's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-10-2015, 12:50 AM #5
Trenton
Justiciar
http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories

A list of many of the Mandela Effect discrepancies between the E and A world, perhaps even other worlds.

Maybe our universes haven't enmeshed so much. However a new thought popped into this crazy old brain of mine.

Maybe we are linked to these other universes through the internet itself? One of the effects is "Interview with a Vampire"  or  "Interview with the Vampire"

In my universe it's definitely "Interview with a Vampire"

Also in Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" I clearly remember the evil queen saying "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

In the other universe, it is "Magic Mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

SO whatever. I don't like this other universe. It really is some small differences, but it just creeps me the heck out.
This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 01:00 AM by Trenton.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 4 users Like Trenton's post:
  • BraylonRey23, Thy Unveiling, MaryJane, Loki

09-10-2015, 12:54 AM #6
Trenton
Justiciar
One of the ones that bothered me badly though (for good reason I try to spell as well as I can)

is in another universe "Dilemma" is spelled "Dilemna"

The thing that bothers me, is in English Class in 11th grade, my teacher had "Dilemna" up on the white board from the class she taught just before mine began.

However spell check says Dilemna is incorrect. If that is so, why do some people assert that is the correct spelling, and why did the same teacher who taught me to spell it "Dilemma" have "Dilemna" up on the board for the children in the class before me?

The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-10-2015, 12:56 AM #7
cameronjcw
Justiciar
Kinda weird. I was thinking about stuff like this, like how sometimes things seem to just appear even though to other people they have always been there.

I get so many of these freaky coincidences where I will be looking at a word or thinking of a word and it will be on some random program on tv or an advert or whatever but its right there right at the same time or a fraction of a second later. Then I am usually like yeah somebodys playing games with me, this happens all the time. My life at times almost has this kind of truman show vibe about it, even right now as I am writing this I am wondering, is somebody or something watching me right now or aware of what I am doing and having a right good laugh at my expense. Like I think everything around me is real but its not really.

And yeah its weird how some things in history are a certain way or it seems to have changed.

I had a really intense dream last night, think it was a long one and was really detailed and realistic but I really cant remember it much at all. I can remember one person being in it and it being about some other life or being in some other reality, possibly even the afterlife but the one person I know was somehow in the dream isn't dead. Maybe its just all jumbled up in my head because of the things thats happned in the last few month.

But yeah this "reality" or whatever it is is totally bizzare, its like one big long april fool!! Only its not april! Or maybe it is just one big long april fool and its been april forever and we just dont know it!
The following 2 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

09-10-2015, 12:59 AM #8
Trenton
Justiciar
(09-09-2015, 11:42 PM)Vulpes.rex Wrote:  
(09-07-2015, 09:14 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Well we do have the shadow beings, and Fringe touched on parallel universes etc, so its possible. I have no idea tbh but there's a lot of messed up shiznit in this world beyond my comprehension.

Shadow people? Do tell.

We really should have a discussion about the Shadow People. However, I'm afraid even I don't know much more about them than anyone else does.

I don't see shadow people very often either. I always see "Light" people. The exact same as the way people describe Shadow People, except they are made of a White Mist. Like the vapor off an electric cigarette. And I usually only see a torso, with no legs or anything. Just a head and shoulders walking by.

Though when I was a child, I always saw a pair of very tall (6 foot) black ''pants'' walking around.

The following 3 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Vulpes.rex, cameronjcw

09-10-2015, 01:05 AM #9
cameronjcw
Justiciar
I am positive I seen a shadow person walk or float whatever go past behind my daughter towards the kitchen and then a second or two later heard dishes shifting in the kitchen, that was quite creepy.

I am still positive something went in my kitchen that day that was freaky.

I slept with the lights on last night cause of freaky shadows lol think am gonna be doing the same tonight. I have this chandelier in the living room and a cpl of the bulbs have gone and the way the shadow is cast on the wall it looks lije the shape of two large people standing there, kinda freaky even though I know they are just shadows lol
The following 3 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Trenton, BraylonRey23, Thy Unveiling

09-10-2015, 01:11 AM #10
Trenton
Justiciar
(09-10-2015, 12:56 AM)cameronjcw Wrote:  Kinda weird.  I was thinking about stuff like this, like how sometimes things seem to just appear even though to other people they have always been there.

This happens to many people, there is another site like MandelaEffect I think it's this one: http://www.realityshifters.com/pages/yourstories.html

There was a building that just popped up overnight in my town, like completely new construction look to it. Though it hadn't even began construction just a day prior. Who knows, maybe we are REALLY REALLY GOOD AT BUILDING THINGS NOW Wink

Also, this one stretch of road leading up to my favourite Wendy's restaraunt in my town had normal street lamps. Very next day, they all had "Victorian" fancy ones.

It was really really weird. My town is very bad at construction especially things involving roads and sidewalks, so street lamps are out of the question for one day remodeling.

And there used to be a long row of street lamps down along the National Cemetery in my town as well. One day they were just all gone. It's totally dark going by the cemetery each night, though its in a very busy part of town right next to the mall. I wonder why they were removed?

(09-10-2015, 12:56 AM)cameronjcw Wrote:  I get so many of these freaky coincidences where I will be looking at a word or thinking of a word and it will be on some random program on tv or an advert or whatever but its right there right at the same time or a fraction of a second later. 

Same happens to me all the time as well. Or I'll be thinking about someone I haven't heard from in a long time, and a moment later I get a call from them, or something. Or if I think of an old song that doesn't really play anymore, it will suddenly be playing next on the radio in the car or at a shop. Always weirds me out lol.

The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw